Suggestions for party caterers please! | ExpatWoman.com

Suggestions for party caterers please!

Latest post on 22 September 2012 - 22:59

DH is turning the big 4-0 in November and I'm in party planning mode :D. I originally thought we'd just chuck a stack of burgers and kebabs on the barbecue but it's dawned on me that a) I'll need to buy and prepare it all, b) someone will have to cook it all - probably not best to expect birthday boy to do that at his own party! - and c) someone will have to clear up.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for caterers? We've been to a party where Maria Bonita's did the food and it was great, so they're definitely on the list, but other ideas would be most welcome (with an idea of cost if you don't mind sharing).

Thanks! :)

Latest post on 07 February 2015 - 00:59
I would have to agree with the suggestion for Elements. I recently used them and they were excellent. I had called up a few of the big and popular companies for quotes and menu suggestions and none came close to Elements. They were extremely helpful when it came to customising a menu to suit my budget......and I was really surprised by what they came up with. Very creative and delicious. The staff were so helpful and attentive. The food was a really big hit with my friends and they were all raving on about the food. They will be the only caterers I will be using from now onwards.
Latest post on 07 February 2015 - 00:57
I would have to agree with the suggestion for Elements. I recently used them and they were excellent. I had called up a few of the big and popular companies for quotes and menu suggestions and none came close to Elements. They were extremely helpful when it came to customising a menu to suit my budget......and I was really surprised by what they came up with. Very creative and delicious. The staff were so helpful and attentive. The food was a really big hit with my friends and they were all raving on about the food. They will be the only caterers I will be using from now onwards.
Latest post on 18 January 2015 - 19:19
I used this thread to search for a caterer for a party we held for 55 people last weekend. We decided to go with Elements and were so pleased that we did. The customer service, the wait staff, the bar staff and the FOOD! Amazing. Highly recommend them - will use them again for sure.
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 14:51
I have used Shakespeare's for afternoon for about 20 and it was great. Also More Cafe does a great catering menu!
Latest post on 09 November 2014 - 15:51
Just heard of the new company Elements, the menu looks awesome! I am booking them for my next event, looking forward to post about how it goes! https://elements.catering/home/
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 16:53
Cookie's Kitchen... www.cookieskitchen.ae More for canapes (and kid's catering) if that's the kind of thing you're after?
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 16:52
3rd thumbs up for DISH, great food, excellent staff.
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 15:36
Fancy dress so get your gladrags out! :D
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 01:10
Hope I get an invite, lol, xx
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 01:07
Just like to second DISH - they are absolutely fantastic, my friends and I have used them on several occasions and their food, presentation, service has always been impeccable. We've always used them for a few starters and main courses (they walk around between the guests serving little individual portions of everything and another time we also had a table full of yummy salads) but they mentioned they also do a bbq which would be great too I'm sure!
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 15:28
Just another to add - we went to a party where the catering was done by Jebel Ali international hotels - it was superb and according to my friend - was not expensive at all.
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 12:37
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I shall run them by himself and see if he feels like making up his mind what kind of food he wants :D.
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 11:12
We have used Dish for all formal entertaining and large parties and they have always been brilliant. The manager, Kate, is great at understanding what we want to achieve (ie just friends, corporate entertaining) and the food and standard of service has always been excellent. They can provide tables, chairs, bar service etc, so do look at their website and give them a call. www.dish.ae
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 11:05
It depends on the type of food you like; indian, italian, arabic, chinese? Pretty much all restaurants do catering in dubai
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 10:44
Can t beat the eat and drink guys with their shwarmas. Yes chef does amazing food. Abda from spice and aroma on Arabian ranches now does outside catering I'm sure se would do an maxing job she now has a restaurant i think it's in al wasl plaza. Maria bonitos is superb too.
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 10:12
I've had Sumo Sushi a couple of times, they were great. We had chef and waiter to make to order which our guests loved and provide all cutlery and napkins so no washing up! A friend said Australian company called Dish Caterers were good.
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 10:07
Lime tree cafe...you check out their menu on line..(the mini burgers are delicious)
Latest post on 23 September 2012 - 08:22
Can't yet comment on them but we are using Fibber Magees in a month or so. Having a child's party in the park and for the adults they are supplying fish and chips in a cone for 35 dhs. a head, all freshly cooked on site. They have other catering options, including BBQ, which all seem reasonably priced. They can also supply tables, etc.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY