Sugarless healthy cake reciepe for dd 1 st bday | ExpatWoman.com

Sugarless healthy cake reciepe for dd 1 st bday

Latest post on 20 October 2012 - 19:04

Hello ladies

So dds 1 st bday is approaching soon as some of you know:-) for her cake smash i want to bake a healthy cake ( thinking banana as she loves them) with no sugar. The baking dish is very small since dont want to waste to much cake. It is approximately 15 cm, 5.5 inch. Does anyone have a good reciepe?
Also looking to buy safe colorful sprinkles to goon top of the cake. Any ideas where i can buy the same?

Thanks a bunch for helping me out :-)

Cheers
S

Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 14:05
[b'>[/b'>you have done wonderfully sherryd by not giving sugar and reading posts like this encourage new moms like me. to try and avoid salt and sugar as long as i can.in our house also there is a tradition of giving kheer in 7 month. i'll make sure to make myself for my ds so that i can add just 1-2 granules of sugar. :) as for honey i have been told to give him some to clean his tongue but i don't know how a sucrose or fructose will clean the tongue?? :\: he is 6 month old and i have started his solids. i don't think there is any necessity to give honey. let baby develop taste without additions. i need to ask something. did you give her any bread? no recipes for cake but wishes for your dd. DO NOT EVER give honey to any child under 1 years old due to the risk of BOTULISM!! It is very dangerous!!! i know that's why i just look at people giving me advice to give honey! even if you explain why honey or salt or sugar should not be given they will look at you and say we have done this no harm! offcourse i took him to his doc once to get his tongue cleaned but he said no need it cleans on its own. so since then i am not bothered. i love fruits and have a sweet tooth too so i want to avoid sugar for my baby as long as i can as i am afraid he will develop sweet tooth pretty quickly. wonderful reading the posts here :) ps: going to home country for 2 months vacation. i am preparing myself for lots of arguments!! but i will stand my ground. first time i am dreading vacation back home :( edited by angel joy on 22/10/2012 All the best angeljoy. You know when i went home in july i was dreading the same.. In the beginning no one understood about routines and called me an army person as i had timing for everything lol.. But eventually they understood and never tried to push anything.. At night after the bath my dad used to sometimes bring her to the kitchen which i explained him couple of times not to and eventually he undertsood as well.. It takes time but be strong and as long as you explain them and dont give in it will be fine.. It will be a great experience for your lo as well.. I still remember when i took dd she was having a great time as so many people and my nephew and niece would just not leave her alone so do not dread and enjoy the moments:-) <em>edited by sherryd on 22/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 13:43
[b'>[/b'>you have done wonderfully sherryd by not giving sugar and reading posts like this encourage new moms like me. to try and avoid salt and sugar as long as i can.in our house also there is a tradition of giving kheer in 7 month. i'll make sure to make myself for my ds so that i can add just 1-2 granules of sugar. :) as for honey i have been told to give him some to clean his tongue but i don't know how a sucrose or fructose will clean the tongue?? :\: he is 6 month old and i have started his solids. i don't think there is any necessity to give honey. let baby develop taste without additions. i need to ask something. did you give her any bread? no recipes for cake but wishes for your dd. DO NOT EVER give honey to any child under 1 years old due to the risk of BOTULISM!! It is very dangerous!!! i know that's why i just look at people giving me advice to give honey! even if you explain why honey or salt or sugar should not be given they will look at you and say we have done this no harm! offcourse i took him to his doc once to get his tongue cleaned but he said no need it cleans on its own. so since then i am not bothered. i love fruits and have a sweet tooth too so i want to avoid sugar for my baby as long as i can as i am afraid he will develop sweet tooth pretty quickly. wonderful reading the posts here :) ps: going to home country for 2 months vacation. i am preparing myself for lots of arguments!! but i will stand my ground. first time i am dreading vacation back home :( <em>edited by angel joy on 22/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 10:16
Sherryd - I have your email address now so you can remove it if you like. But I did want to say that the banana muffins are quite 'brownish' and not white so they may not work for you. DD does really like them (just baked some today) so it's a nice recipe to keep anyway. As for the sugar 'issue' it really is a personal thing I guess. Like one of the other ladies said, we all try to do the best we can for our children. I do not feel like I am denying DD anything as she has never tried sugar. She loves fruit and vegetables, home made 'sweetened' baked goodies but I just do not want to give her 'refined sugar' for as long as possible as I do believe it is terrible for all of us. My line of thinking from what I've read and my own experiences is actually the opposite - which is that babies given sugar at a really young age are more likely to develop 'cravings' or 'obsessions' for them and by not giving it at such a young age, I am hoping she will not develop as much of a taste for it. For example, I and many of my friends who were not really allowed sodas as children are still not interested in drinking them now, whereas most people I know who were allowed soda at a very young age still drink a lot of it... so again, I am not saying my way is right but it's what I feel comfortable with :) And SherryD, as I am half Indian and married into a family of chocoholics, believe me, I've heard it all - from giving DD honey to sweets to tea to everything else since she was quite young but have managed to stand my ground so far! My research supports yours. I held off giving my first refined sugars until she was about 2 1/2 and that was due to her grandma giving her ice cream. To be honest, she much prefers fruit to any candy you put infront of her. She may get excited about the thought of cakes/cookies but she generally will take a bit and then go back to the fruits. Similar to my second where we didn't wait as long (again by virtue of family intervention of sticking chocolate in her mouth!) and she similarly prefers fruit to candies. I come from a family of sweet tooths where sweet sugary treats were a huge part of our social interaction and both my dh and I would forego food for a sugary snack so I know and feel I've done the right thing for my kids.
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 10:16
Sherryd - I have your email address now so you can remove it if you like. But I did want to say that the banana muffins are quite 'brownish' and not white so they may not work for you. DD does really like them (just baked some today) so it's a nice recipe to keep anyway. As for the sugar 'issue' it really is a personal thing I guess. Like one of the other ladies said, we all try to do the best we can for our children. I do not feel like I am denying DD anything as she has never tried sugar. She loves fruit and vegetables, home made 'sweetened' baked goodies but I just do not want to give her 'refined sugar' for as long as possible as I do believe it is terrible for all of us. My line of thinking from what I've read and my own experiences is actually the opposite - which is that babies given sugar at a really young age are more likely to develop 'cravings' or 'obsessions' for them and by not giving it at such a young age, I am hoping she will not develop as much of a taste for it. For example, I and many of my friends who were not really allowed sodas as children are still not interested in drinking them now, whereas most people I know who were allowed soda at a very young age still drink a lot of it... so again, I am not saying my way is right but it's what I feel comfortable with :) And SherryD, as I am half Indian and married into a family of chocoholics, believe me, I've heard it all - from giving DD honey to sweets to tea to everything else since she was quite young but have managed to stand my ground so far! My research supports yours. I held off giving my first refined sugars until she was about 2 1/2 and that was due to her grandma giving her ice cream. To be honest, she much prefers fruit to any candy you put infront of her. She may get excited about the thought of cakes/cookies but she generally will take a bit and then go back to the fruits. Similar to my second where we didn't wait as long (again by virtue of family intervention of sticking chocolate in her mouth!) and she similarly prefers fruit to candies. I come from a family of sweet tooths where sweet sugary treats were a huge part of our social interaction and both my dh and I would forego food for a sugary snack so I know and feel I've done the right thing for my kids.
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 10:10
"Yes I agree with this. I never gave dd sugar at all, then when she was about 18 months old a friend popped a white choc button in her mouth....from that moment on she was on the hunt for sweets" This post made me laugh, I have a similar story, I'm a no sugar allowed mum too, but that goes for us adults in the house too. Anyway, my 2 year old went out to a celebration dinner yesterday with us, and I caught her, somehow managed to take someone elses coke filled glass and she was sucking that straw like it was milk as fast as she could. After my over-the top reaction and near heart attack, I found it amusing. I'm not over it (quite) yet, but it just got me thinking that the glass was filled with brown, not particular nice smelling liquid, how on earth did my 2 year old know that whatever would be in that glass would be worth drinking and not any of the other drinks on the table. She's fine, her eyes were watering from the fizz LOL but never the less, she is ok. I'm not sure about me though. :p :-) todays generation is smarter than we imagine to be honest.. My dd is soon to be 12 months and its amazing how attentive she is, undertsands when i tell her something ( to certain extent). Its amazing how they all are really. Yeah coke is just the beginning and im sure she would like to explore and try different things whenever she can:-) my dd has no jnterest in eating her food sometimes. However even after her meal when im eating she wants to eat the same thing so have to be careful with what i eat in front of her. <em>edited by sherryd on 22/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 10:05
Sherryd - I have your email address now so you can remove it if you like. But I did want to say that the banana muffins are quite 'brownish' and not white so they may not work for you. DD does really like them (just baked some today) so it's a nice recipe to keep anyway. As for the sugar 'issue' it really is a personal thing I guess. Like one of the other ladies said, we all try to do the best we can for our children. I do not feel like I am denying DD anything as she has never tried sugar. She loves fruit and vegetables, home made 'sweetened' baked goodies but I just do not want to give her 'refined sugar' for as long as possible as I do believe it is terrible for all of us. My line of thinking from what I've read and my own experiences is actually the opposite - which is that babies given sugar at a really young age are more likely to develop 'cravings' or 'obsessions' for them and by not giving it at such a young age, I am hoping she will not develop as much of a taste for it. For example, I and many of my friends who were not really allowed sodas as children are still not interested in drinking them now, whereas most people I know who were allowed soda at a very young age still drink a lot of it... so again, I am not saying my way is right but it's what I feel comfortable with :) And SherryD, as I am half Indian and married into a family of chocoholics, believe me, I've heard it all - from giving DD honey to sweets to tea to everything else since she was quite young but have managed to stand my ground so far! :-) thanks green for your input. It actually brought a smile in my face. Luckily dh is not indian or else i would have had to listen from both the ends lol... So far able to bring dd up on my own terms ( what i feel is right for her). Yes pls do email me the reciepe and i would definately like to try it. The reason looking for white color cake is as it looks good for the pictures apparently.. Yes call me mad for being so nitty gritty :-) Ill await for the wonderful reciepe and let you know once i bake it..
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 09:33
"Yes I agree with this. I never gave dd sugar at all, then when she was about 18 months old a friend popped a white choc button in her mouth....from that moment on she was on the hunt for sweets" This post made me laugh, I have a similar story, I'm a no sugar allowed mum too, but that goes for us adults in the house too. Anyway, my 2 year old went out to a celebration dinner yesterday with us, and I caught her, somehow managed to take someone elses coke filled glass and she was sucking that straw like it was milk as fast as she could. After my over-the top reaction and near heart attack, I found it amusing. I'm not over it (quite) yet, but it just got me thinking that the glass was filled with brown, not particular nice smelling liquid, how on earth did my 2 year old know that whatever would be in that glass would be worth drinking and not any of the other drinks on the table. She's fine, her eyes were watering from the fizz LOL but never the less, she is ok. I'm not sure about me though. :p
Latest post on 22 October 2012 - 00:38
Sherryd - I have your email address now so you can remove it if you like. But I did want to say that the banana muffins are quite 'brownish' and not white so they may not work for you. DD does really like them (just baked some today) so it's a nice recipe to keep anyway. As for the sugar 'issue' it really is a personal thing I guess. Like one of the other ladies said, we all try to do the best we can for our children. I do not feel like I am denying DD anything as she has never tried sugar. She loves fruit and vegetables, home made 'sweetened' baked goodies but I just do not want to give her 'refined sugar' for as long as possible as I do believe it is terrible for all of us. My line of thinking from what I've read and my own experiences is actually the opposite - which is that babies given sugar at a really young age are more likely to develop 'cravings' or 'obsessions' for them and by not giving it at such a young age, I am hoping she will not develop as much of a taste for it. For example, I and many of my friends who were not really allowed sodas as children are still not interested in drinking them now, whereas most people I know who were allowed soda at a very young age still drink a lot of it... so again, I am not saying my way is right but it's what I feel comfortable with :) And SherryD, as I am half Indian and married into a family of chocoholics, believe me, I've heard it all - from giving DD honey to sweets to tea to everything else since she was quite young but have managed to stand my ground so far!
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 21:44
You can do some great colourful things with chopped fresh fruit as a topping. A few ideas: http://pinterest.com/pin/144889312982355050/ http://pinterest.com/pin/233483561901806775/ http://pinterest.com/pin/109634572148848645/ Or just have the cake made from only fresh fruit: http://pinterest.com/pin/129900770472257043/ http://pinterest.com/pin/104005072615563714/ The fruit decorations look reallynice..thanks for the tips :-)
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 21:21
You can do some great colourful things with chopped fresh fruit as a topping. A few ideas: http://pinterest.com/pin/144889312982355050/ http://pinterest.com/pin/233483561901806775/ http://pinterest.com/pin/109634572148848645/ Or just have the cake made from only fresh fruit: http://pinterest.com/pin/129900770472257043/ http://pinterest.com/pin/104005072615563714/
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 20:58
I truly commend your decision regarding sugar etc but I have just one comment to make Everything in moderation. It is worth just considering that sometimes denying a child things like sugar / chocolate etc (in moderation) can perhaps lead to problems when they are older. Once they discover these things for themselves (which they will of course do) then the fact that they have been denied them could create an unhealthy obsession with them. This is just my opinion. edited by AlohaDoha on 21/10/2012 Yes I agree with this. I never gave dd sugar at all, then when she was about 18 months old a friend popped a white choc button in her mouth....from that moment on she was on the hunt for sweets.
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 20:30
Hello ladies Has anyone tried banana cake with blueberry from the below website? I am looking to make more whitish/ creamish color cake and not to brown. Hope im making sense. http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/healthy-first-birthday-cake-recipes.html
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 16:00
yep absolutely no honey to an under 1 year old, and no, it will not clean the tongue (please tell me your dr didn't tell you that???). I have made sugar-free banana cake before by substituting pureed apricots. Removing the sugar does affect how it turns out, it tend to rise less as when you cream butter and sugar you whip a lot of air in. You could experiment with adding an extra egg to the recipe to see if this helps any. The cake tends to be less 'tender" too but I doubt your one year old will care. I kept my son's diet sugar free for the first year, but I did add sugar to his birthday cake, I don't really have a big problem with sugar in moderation, what does bother me a lot more is artificial flavours and colours, which are chemicals, not food, I still keep his diet completely free of these and avoid anything with e-numbers, preservatives etc. As far as sprinkles, they do make them with "natural" colours but otherwise, maybe just really colour chopped up fruits (mango, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries etc)? Im surprised you are still finding the time to reply to my post :-) thoguht your hands will be full right now with the lo :-) great idea for the fruits. Sprinkles was more for pictures and to excite her with diff colors. Talking about fruits i think i need to introduce her to rasberry now as been avoiding it so far. Yes no honey till 1 year for sure
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 15:56
I truly commend your decision regarding sugar etc but I have just one comment to make Everything in moderation. It is worth just considering that sometimes denying a child things like sugar / chocolate etc (in moderation) can perhaps lead to problems when they are older. Once they discover these things for themselves (which they will of course do) then the fact that the have been denied them could create an unhealthy obsession with them. This is just my opinion. Agreed and i dont intend to keep her competely away from sugar. She is just turning one soon so want to avoid it. She will ofcourse get a taste of it eventually but just not now i feel. like you said everything in moderation is good and i intend to follow the same :-) plus her father has a sweet tooth so it wont be to easy to keep her away from sugar for to long. lol!!!!!! My husband has a sweet tooth as well so I know exactly what you mean! :-)
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 15:00
yep absolutely no honey to an under 1 year old, and no, it will not clean the tongue (please tell me your dr didn't tell you that???). I have made sugar-free banana cake before by substituting pureed apricots. Removing the sugar does affect how it turns out, it tend to rise less as when you cream butter and sugar you whip a lot of air in. You could experiment with adding an extra egg to the recipe to see if this helps any. The cake tends to be less 'tender" too but I doubt your one year old will care. I kept my son's diet sugar free for the first year, but I did add sugar to his birthday cake, I don't really have a big problem with sugar in moderation, what does bother me a lot more is artificial flavours and colours, which are chemicals, not food, I still keep his diet completely free of these and avoid anything with e-numbers, preservatives etc. As far as sprinkles, they do make them with "natural" colours but otherwise, maybe just really colour chopped up fruits (mango, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries etc)?
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 14:34
[b'>[/b'>you have done wonderfully sherryd by not giving sugar and reading posts like this encourage new moms like me. to try and avoid salt and sugar as long as i can.in our house also there is a tradition of giving kheer in 7 month. i'll make sure to make myself for my ds so that i can add just 1-2 granules of sugar. :) as for honey i have been told to give him some to clean his tongue but i don't know how a sucrose or fructose will clean the tongue?? :\: he is 6 month old and i have started his solids. i don't think there is any necessity to give honey. let baby develop taste without additions. i need to ask something. did you give her any bread? no recipes for cake but wishes for your dd. DO NOT EVER give honey to any child under 1 years old due to the risk of BOTULISM!! It is very dangerous!!!
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:47
I truly commend your decision regarding sugar etc but I have just one comment to make Everything in moderation. It is worth just considering that sometimes denying a child things like sugar / chocolate etc (in moderation) can perhaps lead to problems when they are older. Once they discover these things for themselves (which they will of course do) then the fact that the have been denied them could create an unhealthy obsession with them. This is just my opinion. Agreed and i dont intend to keep her competely away from sugar. She is just turning one soon so want to avoid it. She will ofcourse get a taste of it eventually but just not now i feel. like you said everything in moderation is good and i intend to follow the same :-) plus her father has a sweet tooth so it wont be to easy to keep her away from sugar for to long. lol!!!!!! My husband has a sweet tooth as well so I know exactly what you mean!
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:45
I truly commend your decision regarding sugar etc but I have just one comment to make Everything in moderation. It is worth just considering that sometimes denying a child things like sugar / chocolate etc (in moderation) can perhaps lead to problems when they are older. Once they discover these things for themselves (which they will of course do) then the fact that the have been denied them could create an unhealthy obsession with them. This is just my opinion. Agreed and i dont intend to keep her competely away from sugar. She is just turning one soon so want to avoid it. She will ofcourse get a taste of it eventually but just not now i feel. like you said everything in moderation is good and i intend to follow the same :-) plus her father has a sweet tooth so it wont be to easy to keep her away from sugar for to long.
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:41
you have done wonderfully sherryd by not giving sugar and reading posts like this encourage new moms like me. to try and avoid salt and sugar as long as i can.in our house also there is a tradition of giving kheer in 7 month. i'll make sure to make myself for my ds so that i can add just 1-2 granules of sugar. :) as for honey i have been told to give him some to clean his tongue but i don't know how a sucrose or fructose will clean the tongue?? :\: he is 6 month old and i have started his solids. i don't think there is any necessity to give honey. let baby develop taste without additions. i need to ask something. did you give her any bread? no recipes for cake but wishes for your dd. Hi angel joy.. Yeah we all try to do our best for our los.. I learnt a lot through reading and ofcourse such valuable advice from EW without which i would have not done half the things i am following today. This is a very ifnormtaive forum and everyone has different opinions so you read and take whatever suits you the best. I started giving her whomeal bread as it has no sugar from 8 month onwards. She absolutely loves bread. Around 10 months i started with pasta and now dd enjoys eating only finger food so im being creative and giving her the same. I would suggest you buy annabel carmels book.. The one i bought when i started solids for dd is called annabel carmel weaning. Now im reading her book on new baby and toddler cookbook. I alter the reciepe a bit as well. Hope this helps and thanks so much for your wishes.
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:36
I truly commend your decision regarding sugar etc but I have just one comment to make Everything in moderation. It is worth just considering that sometimes denying a child things like sugar / chocolate etc (in moderation) can perhaps lead to problems when they are older. Once they discover these things for themselves (which they will of course do) then the fact that they have been denied them could create an unhealthy obsession with them. This is just my opinion. <em>edited by AlohaDoha on 21/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:24
you have done wonderfully sherryd by not giving sugar and reading posts like this encourage new moms like me. to try and avoid salt and sugar as long as i can.in our house also there is a tradition of giving kheer in 7 month. i'll make sure to make myself for my ds so that i can add just 1-2 granules of sugar. :) as for honey i have been told to give him some to clean his tongue but i don't know how a sucrose or fructose will clean the tongue?? :\: he is 6 month old and i have started his solids. i don't think there is any necessity to give honey. let baby develop taste without additions. i need to ask something. did you give her any bread? no recipes for cake but wishes for your dd.
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 10:19
Thanks so much zengirl. Will check it out. Yeah i get told from lot of people that i should put sugar in dds food so she can enjoy it. How can a baby enjoy something less than whats sheis enjoying today if shes not had a taste for it :-) Even my maid sometimes insist but now has understood that im not interested in giving sugar for sometime. She is indian herself so was talking about honey just like mother keeps telling me :-) Same for salt, after one year only traces of it. I will not be able to avoid for to long i know but will try to for as long as i can. I'm in favour of honey because of its healthy properties, especially the higher factor Manuka honey. Not daily though. I know she's only little but for future, have you started thinking how you will teach her that it's okay to choose other food rather than the sugary things all her friends are munching with such enjoyment? If she makes the choice herself it'll last longer than if she thinks she's being denied. What you said is true and as a mother i will try my best to not encourage sugary foods. This ofcourse means changing my sweet habits so i already avoid eating candies in front of her now :-) we can only try to guide them in the right directio. And rest is their choice. Im not going to be adamant and deny her things she craves for. I never used to have a sweet tooth but somehow after pregnancy it got developed. lets see what happens in the future :-) Thanks for the honey advice as i was not sure about it <em>edited by sherryd on 21/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 09:50
SherryD - I don't give my DD sugar either as I believe it is completely unnecessary. For her 1st bday I ordered a regular cake (for the other guests) but she did not eat any - she wasn't even interested in it. For her 2nd bday which is coming up, I posted on another site and was given this recipe.. haven't tried it yet but it looks good (it isn't a banana recipe though!): http://thenewhuntergatherer.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-to-celebrate.html?m=1 Alternatively, I have a sugar free recipe I use to make banana cupcakes/muffins for her and she loves them so you could probably try that and stick it in the cake tin instead of a muffin tray. Let me know if you would like that recipe and I can try and dig it up (if you put your email address on here I can scan and email it to you if you like as I cannot find the link to it online anymore but I do have it printed out :\:) That would be wonderful green queen. I believe it should work as im using a very small baking tin for her and will probably frost it with unsweetened whipped cream. My mother wants me to give her a bit of honey on her first birthday as its a tradition in india but im just not sure if i should She even insist i should give a bit every now and then as its good for the baby. Eventually i will give her but only traces i guess..whats your take on honey? My email is sherrydang at gmail dot com Thanks S Just saw the reciepe and it looks quite good. Def worth a try for future. I want to avoid Choclate cake for the cake smash as i was told by a professional photograoher for babies that choclate cake does not look nice on cameras :-) i saw healthy carrot cake reciepe online as well but thought banana would be nicer
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 09:47
I'm slowly moving into a paleo lifestyle so fully support you not wanting to introduce sugar to baby. This is a sugar-free banana cake recipe that's on my list to try but haven't made it yet. If you don't like this try a search for "paleo cake recipe" to see if you get any ideas. ETA: Oops sorry forgot the link http://fastpaleo.com/cinnamon-swirl-banana-cake/ edited by zengirl on 21/10/2012 Thanks so much zengirl. Will check it out. Yeah i get told from lot of people that i should put sugar in dds food so she can enjoy it. How can a baby enjoy something less than whats sheis enjoying today if shes not had a taste for it :-) Even my maid sometimes insist but now has understood that im not interested in giving sugar for sometime. She is indian herself so was talking about honey just like mother keeps telling me :-) Same for salt, after one year only traces of it. I will not be able to avoid for to long i know but will try to for as long as i can.
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 09:40
SherryD - I don't give my DD sugar either as I believe it is completely unnecessary. For her 1st bday I ordered a regular cake (for the other guests) but she did not eat any - she wasn't even interested in it. For her 2nd bday which is coming up, I posted on another site and was given this recipe.. haven't tried it yet but it looks good (it isn't a banana recipe though!): http://thenewhuntergatherer.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-to-celebrate.html?m=1 Alternatively, I have a sugar free recipe I use to make banana cupcakes/muffins for her and she loves them so you could probably try that and stick it in the cake tin instead of a muffin tray. Let me know if you would like that recipe and I can try and dig it up (if you put your email address on here I can scan and email it to you if you like as I cannot find the link to it online anymore but I do have it printed out :\:) That would be wonderful green queen. I believe it should work as im using a very small baking tin for her and will probably frost it with unsweetened whipped cream. My mother wants me to give her a bit of honey on her first birthday as its a tradition in india but im just not sure if i should She even insist i should give a bit every now and then as its good for the baby. Eventually i will give her but only traces i guess..whats your take on honey? Thanks S <em>edited by sherryd on 22/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 09:39
Does your child have sugar intolerance? I mean they only have a birthday once a year I dont think a regular tasty cake would do anyone harm. At one year old they dont really eat the cake anyways its more for the guests. I wouldnt overthink it so much. Thanks asti. For regular guest i have ordered a cake already. I know its only once a year but i prefer to avoid if i can :-) I think it's great that you avoid feeding your LO sugar :)
Latest post on 21 October 2012 - 09:36
Does your child have sugar intolerance? I mean they only have a birthday once a year I dont think a regular tasty cake would do anyone harm. At one year old they dont really eat the cake anyways its more for the guests. I wouldnt overthink it so much. Thanks asti. For regular guest i have ordered a cake already. I know its only once a year but i prefer to avoid if i can :-)
Latest post on 20 October 2012 - 23:31
SherryD - I don't give my DD sugar either as I believe it is completely unnecessary. For her 1st bday I ordered a regular cake (for the other guests) but she did not eat any - she wasn't even interested in it. For her 2nd bday which is coming up, I posted on another site and was given this recipe.. haven't tried it yet but it looks good (it isn't a banana recipe though!): http://thenewhuntergatherer.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-to-celebrate.html?m=1 Alternatively, I have a sugar free recipe I use to make banana cupcakes/muffins for her and she loves them so you could probably try that and stick it in the cake tin instead of a muffin tray. Let me know if you would like that recipe and I can try and dig it up (if you put your email address on here I can scan and email it to you if you like as I cannot find the link to it online anymore but I do have it printed out :\:)
Latest post on 20 October 2012 - 22:12
Does your child have sugar intolerance? I mean they only have a birthday once a year I dont think a regular tasty cake would do anyone harm. At one year old they dont really eat the cake anyways its more for the guests. I wouldnt overthink it so much.
Latest post on 20 October 2012 - 21:03
Banana cake with coconut cream frosting. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/banana_cake_with_coconut_cream_frosting.html I guess i could use the reciepe and put no sugar in it.. What do u think? Any idea where i could buy colorful safe sprinkles to go on top of the cake? Thanks S

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY