Kitchen renovation | ExpatWoman.com

Kitchen renovation

Latest post on 29 October 2012 - 14:28

Hi Ladies
I desperately need to replace the dark original kitchen in my house and generally upgrade the entire downstairs in addition to installing new bathrooms if possible. I would like to use a professional and reliable company who can take care of the complete project and who will come up with good ideas/design and good quality work. I have found two companies called Creating Homes and Inspired Kitchen Design. Has anyone used either or these two companies?
Or can anyone recommend anyone else?
I want something better than an Ikea Kitchen as I would like more options on the current design/layout but don't wish to spend absolutely crazy money. My friend has been quoted AED 120,000 for a similar kitchen in The Springs. Can anyone who has replaced their kitchens give an indication of cost as this seems on the high side to me.
Thanks so much in advance for any recommendations.

Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 10:14
Agree with Dragon! Oliver and his team are fantastic.
Latest post on 01 November 2012 - 12:04
Our kitchen was fitted by Oliver Göettling at Goetting design. 04 - 885 2125 / 050 260 3220. Email: og@goettling-uae. He also recently finished my friend's place in GC. Holadxb that price sounds about right if you want decent finish and appliances. Oliver can tailormake if you have a budget in mind. My friend has an Ikea kitchen and hers looks good in her Lakes house but they are not so good on the details and final finish.
Latest post on 01 November 2012 - 08:48
If anybody else has ideas - we might also need a kitchen upgrade, and I would greatly appreciate any experiences / recommendations.
Latest post on 29 October 2012 - 16:34
Thanks so much Jac; this is very helpful and just want I want to hear. I will definitely contact them. If you don't mind me asking, did you also meet with other companies for a comparison before making a decision or was Space 3 recommended/had you seen their work beforehand?
Latest post on 29 October 2012 - 15:54
I had Paul from Space 3 (http://www.space3.ae/) do my kitchen and he did a brilliant job. Turned up when he said he would and the workmen were really polite and cleaned up after themselves each night so can't recommend them enough. They also do bathroom re-fits and I am getting him to do some work for me in the New Year.
Latest post on 29 October 2012 - 14:57
Hi again - I've been trying to search on expat woman for information; I found some posts from quite a while ago asking the same questions on kitchen/bathroom renovation but there was a comment that the same person keeps recomending Merritt/Inspired. Just wondering if anyone has hands one experience with these companies or any others. Creating Homes has a good website...would really like to know if anyone has used them? I'm desperate now to get rid of my kitchen!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY