Woman cant be the sponsor for family | ExpatWoman.com

Woman cant be the sponsor for family

Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 05:07

Hi all,
I'm new here & would like to get your adivse if anyone of you come across similar situation.
I just received an job offer in Kuwait, but I was just told that woman cannot be the sponsor for family member...
So only myself can get the resident visa but not my spouse & children.
I defnitely wont separate with them, so i sitll plan to bring them over with visiting visa, until my husband gets his job there.
Before I proceed with my plan, I need to confirm few issues and appreciate the rpely & advise to me;

1) Is Kuwait allow the people renewing visitng visa for long term ? ( I can't sure when will my husband get a job)
2) I believe my insurance will be covered by my company, and i would hope my family member too even they are holding visitng pass. I will check with HR but still hope if any input for me on this.
3) Schooling ! My elder son is 4 yr-old & younger is 19 mths. Are the kids with visitng pass can able to enrol to the nursery & schools ?
4) The person with visitng pass can get the driving license ?

If there is any points that i missed out, do let me know, thank you very much !!!

Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 19:30
Hi Tahira. I have no further news only want I posted the other day. I have just had news that my visa is ready and I need to be I Kuwait by the end of August I have to say we are going to give it a go and will let you know. Good luck :-)
Latest post on 03 June 2014 - 01:11
Hi there were hoping come out I the next few months under very similar circumstances and just wondered how you're getting on. The advice I'm getting at the moment from inside Kuwait and the Kuwaiti embassy in the UK is that I can sponsor my husband and kids. Any advice would be very much appreciated :-) Hi there, can you please update about wife sponsoring husband and kids. I have heard from Kuwait that a working female can not sponsor kids or husband. The Kuwait embassy in the UK said 'rules might have changed' Has any British professional woman sponsored her kids at the least? My husband has a very progressive job in London and not willing to give up of course. My very close family lives in Kuwait so I do not mind going there to see how it is like. I feel stuck however as I hear that I can not sponsor my kids even. My daughter needs to go to school so surely we need a residence. I would be grateful if people could share their experiences!
Latest post on 29 May 2014 - 23:30
Hi there were hoping come out I the next few months under very similar circumstances and just wondered how you're getting on. The advice I'm getting at the moment from inside Kuwait and the Kuwaiti embassy in the UK is that I can sponsor my husband and kids. Any advice would be very much appreciated :-)