Twins - One heatbeat | ExpatWoman.com

Twins - One heatbeat

Latest post on 17 December 2012 - 18:00

I went for my second scan today at 8 wks and found out that we have twins in there!! They are fraternal with two placentas but unfortunately the doctor could only detect one heartbeat :( The one detected was Alhamdulilah strong and the doctor is of the opinion that we might loose the other one since no heartbeat was detected at 8 wks :( Has anyone been in a similar situation and found the second heartbeat at a later stage?

Latest post on 28 December 2012 - 22:55
Hey For my first pregnancy - i too had too sac's but only one heart beat eventually the second one just disappeared - i remember having light spotting and the doctor putting me on duphaston - but can't remember if that was before or after seeing the embryo (i found out i was pregnant - and it took 3 visits before we saw anything on the ultrasound - just had to watch the hog levels go up and hope) i think we saw two for two visits then - just one very strong heartbeat - with no complications thereafter - he was 10 days overdue but other than that everything happened as the books described congratulations
Latest post on 28 December 2012 - 22:41
Thanks Sami.
Latest post on 25 December 2012 - 14:07
I have no experience in this but I will keep you in my prayers may the rest of your pregnancy go smoothly inshallah.
Latest post on 25 December 2012 - 10:40
I went for my 9 weeks scan yesterday. Baby A is doing well Alhamdulilah but Baby B was still measuring 6 wks only with no heartbeat :( The doctor has said that I should keep no hope now and that Baby B would either be absorbed by my body or I might bleed. I have convinced myself that this baby will wait for his/her right time up in heaven and will inshAllah come back to me in the future :) I am now just a bit worried that if I do not bleed, will this effect the other baby? They are fraternal so the doctor says that one should not effect the other but I am still worried. I am already 9 weeks and my next scan is going to be at 12 weeks. AmyAus and Feefmick did you bleed before the baby vanished? How long did it take for her to completely vanish from the ultrasound? I have heard that if the baby stays after the first trimester it can cause complications for the other. Thanks to all of you for your support!
Latest post on 19 December 2012 - 14:38
Hugs to you Busybee and prayers that everything falls in place xoxo
Latest post on 19 December 2012 - 14:25
Thanks a lot for your feed back. I guess I must try and convince myself that this was not really in my control. Unfortunately I am unable to wipe off that ray of hope from my mind that maybe his/her heartbeat will pop up in my next scan. I am actually worried about both of them now :( Please remember me in your prayers ladies. Really need them.
Latest post on 17 December 2012 - 22:05
busybee87 - I'm sorry to say that I experienced the same thing. The doctor did say that as an older mother there was a SLIGHT chance I could have conceived at 2 different times and therefore one embryo could have been lagging behind. In many ways I wish she hadn't said that as it got my hopes up. I'm sorry I can't be more positive but maybe others will have more positive messages. I was unsure whether to post but also was aware you were looking for feedback. Congratulations and all the best for your pregnancy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY