Moving to Abu Dhabi anyone live in al reef or views please?!? | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Abu Dhabi anyone live in al reef or views please?!?

Latest post on 26 January 2013 - 10:36
Hi Poppyrose We are also a young family my husband is same age as yours and we are locating in the next few weeks looking for a villa seems to be a nightmare and we don't know where to start. Good luck in finding something!
Latest post on 24 January 2013 - 22:09
the use is full of expats - i think maybe 75 - 85 % expats so regardless of where you live - you won't be alone lots of people from the uk all over the country also you can use this time in the uae. as an opportunity to meet other nationalities and gain a wider view of the world there are a lot of groups - so sooner or later you and your little one will make lots of friends! mums n tots group http://www.facebook.com/groups/46655216731/10151234073306732/?notif_t=group_activity for al reef http://www.facebook.com/groups/265463033475592/
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 21:25
Hi all, My husband has been offered a job in Abu Dhabi but will be a while before coming over the problem we have is he is flying out before me and my 2yr old and has only 7 days to find us somewhere to live. We have been told a lot of British ex pats live in the corniche and khalidiya but the housing allowance is 110.000 aed and from looking online that area is much more expensive there is only the 3 of us but I don't want to feel isolated while he is working :( I'm welcome to different opinions etc is it easy to make friends? I am 26 my husband is 29 so we are quite a young family he does drive but unfortunately I can't! There are so many other questions I have but I would be here forever. Can you recommend any other nice areas where similar families live al reef or al reem etc etc i have no clue :( Thanks in advance :) Linzi there has been a lot of people enquiring on here, obviously all going to be working at adnoc etc, and for 110k you will get a 2 bed apartment in town, may not be in the bestest area. for 110k you can get a 2 bed villa in al reef, which is a good price. there are buses and taxis up there but there is nothing there, and right by the airport..... no 1 advice learn to drive, abu dhabi is a drivers city you need a car, its very big, you cannot walk around especially in 50 degrees. with children you need a car. you will feel isolated, unless you are in town and can get taxis, but then with children they arent the safest option, i would always prefer to have control of my own destiny and so make sure they are in car seats and safely strapped in etc.
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 15:07
Hi all, My husband has been offered a job in Abu Dhabi but will be a while before coming over the problem we have is he is flying out before me and my 2yr old and has only 7 days to find us somewhere to live. We have been told a lot of British ex pats live in the corniche and khalidiya but the housing allowance is 110.000 aed and from looking online that area is much more expensive there is only the 3 of us but I don't want to feel isolated while he is working :( I'm welcome to different opinions etc is it easy to make friends? I am 26 my husband is 29 so we are quite a young family he does drive but unfortunately I can't! There are so many other questions I have but I would be here forever. Can you recommend any other nice areas where similar families live al reef or al reem etc etc i have no clue :( Thanks in advance :) Linzi