what is wrong with hairdressers in this country!!!!! | ExpatWoman.com

what is wrong with hairdressers in this country!!!!!

Latest post on 26 August 2013 - 18:46
sorry to hear that the original BMAP although in my case she was the only one I was happy with my hair after few disasters in dubai....anyone else worth trying in the same branch?
Latest post on 24 August 2013 - 16:40
what is wrong with hairdressers in this country!!!!! absolutely nothing as far as i'm concerned - have been going to Ted Morgan at Motor City since they opened and have always been very happy... I agree, have been a client at Ted Morgan The Palm and then Motor City ever since they opened and really happy
Latest post on 24 August 2013 - 12:32
Wael at Hush Wafi was recently recommended. Anyone know/tried him? Bit of a track to get there but will travel for a decent cut!
Latest post on 24 August 2013 - 11:23
Try Abigail or Janice at Hairworks in Ibn Battuta. I have had a few expensive disasters but I am very happy both these girls. My hair is also very fine and they have both been brilliant. does anyone know which salon Janice of hairworks moved to?
Latest post on 22 March 2013 - 01:11
what is wrong with hairdressers in this country!!!!! absolutely nothing as far as i'm concerned - have been going to Ted Morgan at Motor City since they opened and have always been very happy...
Latest post on 18 March 2013 - 00:53
Brian Montgomery at saks, souk al bahar is amazing. He can cut a bob like no one else, I have been stopped and asked about my hair more times than I could mention. Brilliant! Love Brian he's like a magician with his scissors! Where is Souk Al Bahar? And how do the prices compare to Ted Morgan where I pay 500 for a colour, 250 for cut and blow dry and 100 for toner. (just happened to come across my receipts today!) Saks is at the Palace Hotel. Last time I went I paid dhs 680 for full head colour cut and blow dry, Brian rewards loyal clients by either giving them a discount or a complementary service eg treatment every time they come. He's worked at Vadal Sasoon and SAKS UK. I prefer him to Ted Morgan but as you know hairdressers are a very personal choice.
Latest post on 11 March 2013 - 11:50
Salon ink is over-praised here, but they are really not special and are very expensive for what it is. They are doing an ok job, compared with the horror you get in general in average salons, but for this price, for god's sake, I rather keep trying. They are also very inflexible with appointments, and parking is difficult on weekends I agree with you 100% I shall email all of this to the owners I am sure they would want to receive feedback from disgruntled clients. Personally i and a few others on here go there and have had no problems whatsoever. parking is an issue on weekend due to Jumeriah Beach park i imagine. Hairdressers are expensive in this part of the world as are most beauty treatments compared to other countries however i have been to countless hairdressers here and they have wrecked my blond hair to the point it was falling out. These guys are the only ones i trust. You cannot pay enough for a decent hairdresser anywhere in the world.
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 22:12
Salon ink is over-praised here, but they are really not special and are very expensive for what it is. They are doing an ok job, compared with the horror you get in general in average salons, but for this price, for god's sake, I rather keep trying. They are also very inflexible with appointments, and parking is difficult on weekends I agree with you 100%
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 22:08
Salon ink is over-praised here, but they are really not special and are very expensive for what it is. They are doing an ok job, compared with the horror you get in general in average salons, but for this price, for god's sake, I rather keep trying. They are also very inflexible with appointments, and parking is difficult on weekends. Unfortunately I cannot really recommend anyone. I was probably most happy with a British lady, hazel, who comes to your home, she is very skilled and has reasonable prices, and she works on weekends. However, when she leaves the flat is a mess, hair everywhere, it takes a week to clean up. I could not handle that part. Maybe better for those who have a garden...
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 21:18
Hi you could try Jennie at Great Lengths salon on Al Wasl road, she's fab, british and very experienced, she used to be at hairworks before and she's taken me from black to blonde again over the years . I wouldn't go to anyone else. I know shes very popular with all the emirates cabin crew blondes :)
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 20:07
btw did anyone try Belle Femme? they are most famous salon in dubai! & i was wondering if any blondie tried it out? Most famous? I have been living 13 years in Dubai and have never heard of them,so they cant really be famous. It is amongst Emirati's
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 20:01
btw did anyone try Belle Femme? they are most famous salon in dubai! & i was wondering if any blondie tried it out? Most famous? I have been living 13 years in Dubai and have never heard of them,so they cant really be famous.
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 08:33
As appletiser said Debbie is great. I have used Debbie for years and follow her when she moves (Salon Inc, then patels now in JBR). She now just rents a chair in a salon in JBR www.ramijabali.com She also does a fantastic colour. I have 2 blonde Aussie friends that couldn't find anyone to do a great colour, they went to her and loved the colour she did. Debbie is Australian. <em>edited by TimTam on 10/03/2013</em>
Latest post on 09 March 2013 - 21:55
Try Abigail or Janice at Hairworks in Ibn Battuta. I have had a few expensive disasters but I am very happy both these girls. My hair is also very fine and they have both been brilliant.
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 21:36
Brian Montgomery at saks, souk al bahar is amazing. He can cut a bob like no one else, I have been stopped and asked about my hair more times than I could mention. Brilliant! Love Brian he's like a magician with his scissors!
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 20:59
Brian Montgomery at saks, souk al bahar is amazing. He can cut a bob like no one else, I have been stopped and asked about my hair more times than I could mention. Brilliant!
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 16:32
Denisa Illea from Belissima in Tecom is amazing for both color and cut. I've been through too many bad hairdressers until I found her. Now I am not letting go!
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 15:13
I recently had my hair cut by Georgie at Pastels (Al Wasl Road) she did a great job! She also colours my step mum's hair and she is very happy with the results every time.
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 15:03
A salon in jumeirah have seriously messed up my hair - they couldn't care less!!! Called Maria Dowling as need to get it sorted and despite not caring about the cost or time limit to see her (just want this problem sorted out) have been told it is not possible? Please someone recommend a hairdresser who is good with colourand who actually cares about their clients. Thanks in advance. Hellocatty I am a regular client at Maria Dowling and can highly recommend Charlotte who is perfection with color and cuts. Don't be put off by her darling pink hair - suits her and she is young and trendy - she won best colorist not long ago and is regularly sent off to do conference on behalf of the salon try and book with her. But don't you dare take my slot :-) <em>edited by fandrew on 05/03/2013</em>
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 13:43
Just want to give a shout out to Kelly and Sharon. Worked with them at Wella before they opened Salon INK and loved them even then.. They've trained most of the major hair colorists in the region and the experience shows! Sharon did my hair for my engagement party and she was great as always
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 13:36
Im a recent salon ink convert - i saw ali who was excellent twice, but then i just couldnt get an appointment with her at the time i needed. So saw neda - she was excellent actually and will prob see her againpurely as its easier to get a booking!!
Latest post on 05 March 2013 - 12:52
Rita at Glitz in Al Barsha 04 3408380. I followed her from Mirdif to Barsha. She's been cutting, coloring my hair for 6 years.
Latest post on 07 February 2013 - 19:14
Ali does the best hair blowdries in Salon Ink too. I feel like a supermodel when she is finished :) Ali is the best, but soooo hard to get an appointment with her now! <em>edited by Purple on 07/02/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 February 2013 - 19:10
I, after almost 10 years in this country, stumbled upon my current hairdresser by total fluke. It was a cobone of all things for Royz Salon in Al Barsha. I have been to many hairdressers, ones mentioned below as well and I have never been 100% happy when walking out. I have had treatment, a cut, highlights and blow dries done by him and been happy with everything.
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 23:14
Salome at the salon at the Zabeel Saray on the Palm is great. My hair was wrecked after a colour disaster and her keratin treatment sorted me right out! Not cheap but totally worth it.
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 17:06
i usually go to sharon at salon ink... she was recently very booked so i tried the new lady there yesterday, it was actually her first day so probably easy to get an appointment with her and she did great!!! i think her name is nada??? that being said... i dont know what it is but i have NEVER been able to find anyone to do my hair like i have it done back home, EVEN sharon didnt do a good job the first time i went to her, but after getting specific instructions from my hair lady back home she has almost got it perfect. im from the US and maybe their training is different??? i dont know but i have VERY blonde highlights and for some reason nobody in the middle east (including kuwait where i used to live) could figure out how to do my re growth. edited by ShannonB on 06/02/2013 <em>edited by ShannonB on 06/02/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 16:11
Ali does the best hair blowdries in Salon Ink too. I feel like a supermodel when she is finished :)
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 15:35
Just tried to get an appointment with Salon Ink - no appointments until April !! with Kelly. !!! Any other suggestions for a good colourist? The other guys are good also kelly is popular but Ali, Dalma, Sharon have all done mine there
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 15:35
Just tried to get an appointment with Salon Ink - no appointments until April !! with Kelly. !!! Any other suggestions for a good colourist? The other guys are good also kelly is popular but Ali, Dalma, Sharon have all done mine there
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 15:33
Just tried to get an appointment with Salon Ink - no appointments until April !! with Kelly. !!! Any other suggestions for a good colourist?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY