More
Hide

Botox: where do you go? how much do you pay?

Latest post at 06/02/2013 08:37:47
OK, so I had some Botox a few weeks ago and it didn't work! I have had it loads of times in the past, so did not have unrealistic expectations. I went back to the lady who did it and she gave me a top up. But still it didn't work. So, I need to find somewhere else.

May I ask you nice ladies where you go and how much you pay?

Thanks.
465
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 08:44:10
Will be interesting to see how many come clean on the Botox. I'm still recovering from the "long hair over 40" thread.
2649
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:13:12
Haadi & Hoffman on Beach Road, results are amazing (he did a brow lift with Botox last time) and costs 1500 AED. I'd happily pay double! (i have short hair and my purse doesn't match my bag)
1880
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:16:33
suze63 wrote:
Haadi & Hoffman on Beach Road, results are amazing (he did a brow lift with Botox last time) and costs 1500 AED. I'd happily pay double! (i have short hair and my purse doesn't match my bag)


Don't worry - 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
589
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:19:36
I have heard good things about the Lebanese doctor at the Champs Elysées clinic on Al Wasl Road but I don't know how much he charges.
11755
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:24:27
LaLaLayla wrote:
OK, so I had some Botox a few weeks ago and it didn't work! I have had it loads of times in the past, so did not have unrealistic expectations. I went back to the lady who did it and she gave me a top up. But still it didn't work. So, I need to find somewhere else.

May I ask you nice ladies where you go and how much you pay?

Thanks.


Dr Imran Tahir or Jaffar Khan
1800 and my wrinkles and line disappear everytime poof :-)
4318
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:47:02
Dr Maria Acosta in cosmesurge is great. I have used many different doctors for these treatments (I admit I work in the industry but am not biased by one clinic or doctor) but I have found her to be fab. She never over does it, and I've had a few experiences where the 3/6 month 'wearing off' period couldn't come fast enough! Lol!
It costs about 1800 depending on amount used. Other good doctors if you want a couple of other good choices? Dr Imran Tahir, Dr Buthaina (little more expensive though). Just be aware of 'cheap deals', it's most often cheap for a reason and one should never compromise when using injectable's especially on the face! X
194
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 09:56:31
I have mine done in Lebanon, for 750dhs
2383
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 10:05:51
Can't remember the Dr's name but K medi spa was my best experience and I think that was actually with a Cobone deal for about 1500, I've been trying to go back there though and keep being told their botox Dr is on vacation. Have tried Dr Maria Acosta in cosmesurge and Neat-Freak you're right she doesnt go OTT but this meant I had to go back TWICE, I'd rather be fully frozen first time but thats just me.
188
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 10:11:11
kates01 wrote:
I'd rather be fully frozen first time but thats just me.


Yep, me too. If you can still frown (even a tiny bit) then you will still have wrinkles.
465
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 10:54:19
After that..no long hair after 40 thread..i have the sudden desire to do something about these damn wrinkles! (yes i am over 40..in fact 41)..and no..my purse doesnt match my bag, i have a long bob typish hairdo..and my boobies arent quite reaching the navel yet! So girls..anyone know of what i can do to be wrinkle free?? Apparently natural is so overrated...hahaha
157
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:09:39
Can someone explain the difference between botox and fillers? both fill in lines?? I have never had either. I'm 40 and my hair reaches my chest which is not sagging (probably from all the shea butter and wearing sports bra's to bed for years). Short hair makes me look older -when I tried it everyone (even the stylist said so) but my face is very round.
After that (and other threads/living here) I am very curious about botox/fillers. really the only noticeable wrinkles I have are between my eyes but i am seeing a "fold" develop from the side of my nose down to the outer lip. not sure how to put this. I have booked an appointment in March for a consult with a dermotologist but would be interested in others feedback
971
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:16:20
No, they don't both fill in lines. A lot of the headlines in the press are misleading and demonstrate a misunderstanding of how each product works.

Botox freezes the muscles so it is preventative, it doesn't fill them.

Fillers plump up the lines making them less visible but don't stop the muscles working so you will still have wrinkles which with use, will ultimately get worse.

2 very different jobs.

The frown marks you mention between your eyes - you could use filler to plump them out but still have expression. Or you could use botox to weaken the muscles so you can't frown as deeply. A good practitioner will do just enough so that you can still make some expressions. I have had botox there for 7 years, and no one knows but my frown marks have got no worse.

The marionette lines (I think that's what they call them) down either side of your nose and around your mouth would need fillers to plump them out and make them less visible.

Hope that explains it.
109
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:18:01
Thank you for the helpful information Umm Ali !!! very much appreciated
971
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:19:52
Umm Ali wrote:
No, they don't both fill in lines. A lot of the headlines in the press are misleading and demonstrate a misunderstanding of how each product works.

Botox freezes the muscles so it is preventative, it doesn't fill them.

Fillers plump up the lines making them less visible but don't stop the muscles working so you will still have wrinkles which with use, will ultimately get worse.

2 very different jobs.

The frown marks you mention between your eyes - you could use filler to plump them out but still have expression. Or you could use botox to weaken the muscles so you can't frown as deeply. A good practitioner will do just enough so that you can still make some expressions. I have had botox there for 7 years, and no one knows but my frown marks have got no worse.

The marionette lines (I think that's what they call them) down either side of your nose and around your mouth would need fillers to plump them out and make them less visible.

Hope that explains it.[/quot

Thank you for that..if you dont mind..Where have you been going for 7yrs for Botox..any recommendations?
edited by KittyKat72 on 06/02/2013
157
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:30:48
Most of that time was in my home country. I have tried 2 different guys here and neither has done as good a job as in my home country. First was Jaffar Khan, second El Hoshy. Both highly reputed.

I use my eyebrows a lot for expression so do not like to have them numbed.

Khan did the opposite of what I wanted. For 3 months I couldn't raise my eyebrows but I could still frown.

El Hoshy did a bit better but gave me sleepy hooded eyes - my eyes didn't open as much and I looked (and felt tired).

In my home country, since 2007 I've used about 5 different practictioners all in the same surgery. No problem with any of it. 6 small injections and I looked like I had a face lift - everything relaxed but still with expression - took years off. I don't know...I will try someone new I think. I do notice when the Botox wears off my headaches return more regularly so it does help with that.
109
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:46:38
blondie007 wrote:
Can someone explain the difference between botox and fillers? both fill in lines?? I have never had either. I'm 40 and my hair reaches my chest which is not sagging (probably from all the shea butter and wearing sports bra's to bed for years). Short hair makes me look older -when I tried it everyone (even the stylist said so) but my face is very round.
After that (and other threads/living here) I am very curious about botox/fillers. really the only noticeable wrinkles I have are between my eyes but i am seeing a "fold" develop from the side of my nose down to the outer lip. not sure how to put this. I have booked an appointment in March for a consult with a dermotologist but would be interested in others feedback


I had fillers for the fold from my nose down to my outer lip around 2 years ago
Fillers are not permanent however my lines which werent too deep havent returned at all
Fillers clear the lines there immediately however Botox takes a week to kick in
4318
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 11:54:22
my appointment is actually with Dr.Hoshy.
louisedvs- I will give it a go !
971
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 12:22:25
Ah ya, well, El Hoshy is a nice guy and seems to know what he's doing. It's just for me - 2 times and both times about 70% happy - I will try someone else. Or maybe I should just give up and let old age take me? No, I will go down fighting. It is probably just statistics, yes?

Remember with the fillers - they will last longer in areas where you use the muscles less. So for eg bags under eyes - no real expression muscles there - they last maybe 2 - 3 years. Marionette lines less so because you use that area for smiling. Don't smile = no lines, hah haa.
edited by Umm Ali on 06/02/2013
109
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 12:40:45
Umm Ali, great explanation of both procedures. I like your style, I won't give in to these wrinkles either!! If done nicely then it's not even noticeable. I like a little expression, so don't like to be frozen. I don't aim to look like a wanna be 20 year old, just good for my age (well, maybe 5 years younger?).
I always have gone back to the doctor twice, for a touch up. All the doctors that I have used have done this. I prefer this to having too much at once, as once there you can't remove it.
194
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 13:16:40
Ya, totally agree with your strategy NF. Shame you can't go back when you look like you're half asleep though, LOL. I will just have to wait till it wears off. That's the good thing about botox. Like a bad haircut, it will never be permanent.

Think I will try some of the doctors mentioned in this thread below next time. Or wait for my home visit perhaps...

Blondie please check in and tell us how you went with Dr El Hoshy. I hope it goes OK for you.
109
Posts

Latest post at 06/02/2013 13:47:11
Umm Ali wrote:
Ah ya, well, El Hoshy is a nice guy and seems to know what he's doing. It's just for me - 2 times and both times about 70% happy - I will try someone else. Or maybe I should just give up and let old age take me? No, I will go down fighting. It is probably just statistics, yes?

Remember with the fillers - they will last longer in areas where you use the muscles less. So for eg bags under eyes - no real expression muscles there - they last maybe 2 - 3 years. Marionette lines less so because you use that area for smiling. Don't smile = no lines, hah haa.
edited by Umm Ali on 06/02/2013


You so great! Thanks for all the info!
157
Posts

Latest post at 10/02/2013 20:39:32
May I ask how old you are to subject yourselves to Botox?
213
Posts

Latest post at 10/02/2013 20:49:17
Azaiba, a true lady never reveals her age
109
Posts

Latest post at 10/02/2013 21:12:37
I agree but I find it alarming that so many ladies appear to be obsessed with Botox.
213
Posts

Latest post at 10/02/2013 21:13:55
Well that is your choice to react that way and their choice to use Botox, I'd say
109
Posts

Latest post at 11/02/2013 08:06:48
Azaiba wrote:
I agree but I find it alarming that so many ladies appear to be obsessed with Botox.


I have long hair, over 40, purse/handbag don't match and I have wrinkles.

However, I would not go down the route of fillers or Botox. The thought fills me with fear, particularly the Botox. my DH loves me just the way I am and I really don't care what anyone else thinks.

But each to their own...
613
Posts

Latest post at 11/02/2013 08:51:52
Azaiba was trying to start a fight and you have taken her bait.

It is off topic. The OP knows what she wants to do, she came in asking where to go, not whether or not she should do it.

Why can't respondents just stick to the topic? If you want to bash botox, start your own thread - it is a different topic to this one.
edited by Umm Ali on 11/02/2013
edited by Umm Ali on 11/02/2013
109
Posts

Latest post at 11/02/2013 09:17:13
Umm Ali wrote:
If you want to bash botox, start your own thread - it is a different topic to this one


Agreed.
465
Posts

Latest post at 11/02/2013 09:37:02
You've gotta love the irony of having your post frowned upon by the Botox brigade. Love it!
613
Posts


    Pages: 1 2 3 4





 

On ExpatWoman Today

Are You Moving Back Home? Here

Are You Moving Back Home? Here's a Repatriation Check List

Let

Let's Talk About Emotional Eating at Awareness GroupTalk at Bluelights

Do You Want to Become a Wedding Planner? Here

Do You Want to Become a Wedding Planner? Here's an Easy Way to Learn

Traffic Fines Have Been Reduced by 50% for Dubai Drivers

Traffic Fines Have Been Reduced By 50% For Dubai Drivers...

Skype Has Been Blocked in the UAE (Again)

Skype Has Been Blocked In The UAE (Again)...

5 Eid Al Fitr Offers Less than 100 Dhs to Enjoy

5 Eid Al Fitr Offers Less Than 100 Dhs To Enjoy...

The First Day of Eid Al Fitr Has Been Confirmed

The First Day Of Eid Al Fitr Has Been Confirmed...

Here

Here's Why The Dubai Marina Turned Orange...

Where to Watch the Eid Al Fitr Fireworks in the UAE

Where To Watch The Eid Al Fitr Fireworks In The UAE...

It Rained in the UAE This Week

It Rained In The UAE This Week...

Aesthetic Offers in Time for Eid!

Aesthetic Offers In Time For Eid!...

How to Deal with a Broken Crown

How To Deal With A Broken Crown...

WhatsApp Video and Voice Calls Are Now Working in the UAE

Whatsapp Video And Voice Calls Are Now Working In The UAE...

Fancy a Spot of House Hunting in the UK?

Fancy A Spot Of House Hunting In The UK?...

Specialist Dentist Dr. Imneet Presents Lecture On Laser Dentistry

Specialist Dentist Dr. Imneet Presents Lecture On Laser Dentistry...

Explore Iceland Water Park - The Coolest Place in the Desert!

Explore Iceland Water Park - The Coolest Place In The Desert!...

Top 10 Things That You Need to Know About PCOS

Top 10 Things That You Need To Know About PCOS...

Make a Difference with Kärcher Cleaning Technology

Make A Difference With Kärcher Cleaning Technology...

How a General Steam Cleaner Can Help in Thoroughly Cleaning a House

How a General Steam Cleaner Can Help in Thoroughly Cleaning a Hou...

How to Prevent Your Child Going Down the

How To Prevent Your Child Going Down The 'Summer Slide' ...

Infertility - Battling the Feelings of Not Being Enough

Infertility - Battling The Feelings Of Not Being Enough...

In Pictures: HR Breakfast with Thenji Macanda

In Pictures: HR Breakfast With Thenji Macanda...

How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal

How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal...

Now You Need an Attested Ejari Contract to Activate Your DEWA

Now You Need An Attested Ejari Contract To Activate Your DEWA...

Dubai

Dubai's Roads Will Be Painted Red To Show Speed Limit Changes...

Temperatures Officially Reached 50°C in the UAE This Week

Temperatures Officially Reached 50°C In The UAE This Week...

Offer: Father

Offer: Father's Day Special Health Package at Allied Medical Cent...

How to Make Eid Special for the Entire Family This Year

How To Make Eid Special For The Entire Family This Year...

Tips for Taking Care of Your Kids During Summer

Tips For Taking Care Of Your Kids During Summer...

The UAE

The UAE's Midday Break For Outdoor Workers Has Begun...

Five Common Lifestyle Habits That Can Damage Your Teeth

Five Common Lifestyle Habits That Can Damage Your Teeth...

Eid Al Fitr Holidays Announced for Public and Private Sectors

Eid Al Fitr Holidays Announced For Public And Private Sectors...

6 Traditional Gift Ideas for Eid Al Fitr

6 Traditional Gift Ideas For Eid Al Fitr...

Review: A Face Oil That Works Wonders

Review: A Face Oil That Works Wonders...

5 Causes You Still Have Time to Support This Ramadan

5 Causes You Still Have Time To Support This Ramadan...

Proper Management of Your Body During Ramadan

Proper Management Of Your Body During Ramadan...

How to Achieve a Healthy Gut During Ramadan

How To Achieve A Healthy Gut During Ramadan...

World’s Largest Swimming Lesson at the Coolest Waterpark in the UAE

World’s Largest Swimming Lesson at the Coolest Waterpark in the U...

How to Make the Best Use of Space in a Dubai Home

How To Make The Best Use Of Space In A Dubai Home...

5 Ways You Can Embrace the Spirit of Ramadan this Year

5 Ways You Can Embrace The Spirit Of Ramadan This Year...

Specialist Pediatric Dentist Dr. Madan Visits Tender Hearts Arena

Specialist Pediatric Dentist Dr. Madan Visits Tender Hearts Arena...

Review: The Perfect Peel Can Take Years Off Your Skin!

Review: The Perfect Peel Can Take Years Off Your Skin!...

The 3 Steps Guide on How to Cope with Disappointment in IVF

The 3 Steps Guide On How To Cope With Disappointment In IVF...

Main Menu   Sites
DubaiDubai
Sign in to your account
Username:
Password:
Remember me?
Forgot Password? Join
Sign in to your account Close window Username: Password: 2 Users Currently Online