Pls Mums !!! Reviews on Dr. Anne | ExpatWoman.com

Pls Mums !!! Reviews on Dr. Anne

Latest post on 17 February 2013 - 11:15

Hey Everyone. I am in my 24th week. Was so glad to have got the appointment with Dr. Britt Clausson at City Hospital but to my dismay she informed me that she won't in Dubai at the time of my delivery which will be end of May. So, she has reffered me to Dr. Anne Phillip who is absolutely new at City so I have no idea how is she...Any reviews will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Latest post on 29 March 2016 - 11:01
She was a terrible mistake that I made to visit her. She made me feel so bad...about being me. I went for a prenatal visit to check etc. she made statements such as what do u feel ur kids rice...its the biggest poison.. look at ur tummy fat doesn't anyone tell u anything???? teens in UK are ok with pap smear and look at you!!! at the end I just lodged a complain and left... felt really disgusted by her words!! she needs some advice on how to speak to women
Latest post on 19 November 2013 - 13:10
Hi! I deliver my baby with Dr. Ann a few months back and I highly recommend her. Even before I was pregnant I read a lot of opinions about the best Gynecologist and Hospital. At first, I wanted to deliver in the American Hospital but due to a change in my insurance that wasn't a possibility any more so I had to find a new gynecologist in the City. After a lot of reading, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Britt, and a week before my appointment her nurse called me to inform me that she had to leave the country. The same nurse recommended me Dr. Ann so I decided to make an appointment with her. When I first met her she was very calming and nice so I stayed with her. It is true that sometimes I kind of felt like she was a bit loose but maybe that was only my perception because I was used to a very straight forward doctor from earlier during my pregnancy. 2 Weeks prior to my due date, she explained to me how was the labor process, all the options and assured me that she will always respect my wishes. I wanted to go for a natural labor but since it was my first baby I was afraid of the pain and I guess like all the other mums of all that was coming but she was very supporting and answered all my questions (she even gave me her number and she always replied when I needed her) . At this stage she also asked me how long I wanted to wait if the baby was late. Since my baby girl was already quite big, and she was in the right position and very down she advised not to wait much, because the bigger she was the harder the labor would be. With her recommendation and my lack of patience, we decided to induce me 2 days after my due date. On the big day, I went to the hospital at 6 am, they broke my water bag, and made me walk to get the contractions naturally. During the whole process I had a midwife with me which was absolutely great, and Dr. Ann came to see me every 2-3 hours (she was checking on me every hour over the phone) and she was completely great. From the beginning she told me that it was going to be a long day and that she didn't expect me to deliver until the evening, and told me to ask for the epidural as soon as I couldn't handle the pain and so I did. As she predicted the day was way too long and at 10 pm I started having some fever and because I was on oxytocin the baby started having some tachycardia. With her guidance I tried to puss a couple times but my baby was coming with the face up and not with the head and she couldn't turn her so she told me that she couldn't wait any more and that I need to have a CS immediately. After the long day and all the effort, I wasn't happy about it. She saw how unhappy that made me so she said that they will prepare me for a CS but because she really wanted me to have the labor that I wanted she was going to try 2 more pushes in the surgery room to go for natural. Everyone in the Surgery room was very supportive, they encourage me and help me a lot and finally my baby girl came to the world almost like planned, and I say almost because they help her to come out with a vacuum. The 2 days I was in the hospital Dr. Ann came to see me and she was as usual, great. On my later revisions she was very good and I had a great recovery (even though I had a good number of stiches). I will definitely choose her again in the future. However, I'm sure you would be able to find different opinions about her. We are all different and we all have different perceptions. I hope my experience is of any help and sorry for been so long! <em>edited by FirstBaby on 19/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 13 November 2013 - 08:43
I delivered with Dr Anne last month. She was fantastic! Throughout my pregnancy, she was a major support for both my husband and I. During the birth, she was so relaxed and the delivery room had such an awesome, calm atmosphere. She was so encouraging and made the birth such an exciting and memorable experience. Unfortunately my baby was quite ill and had to spend 10 days in NICU. Dr Anne was so good to us and our baby during this time. She would visit us in the NICU and check up on our baby when we were not there. I would highly recommend her!!
Latest post on 31 October 2013 - 12:13
Hi, I saw Dr Anne a few months ago just for a checkup, I have to say I found her dismissive on my questions, like I was asking things I should know and she didn't have time to answer - felt like I shouldn't be bothering her with my trivial questions! My friend is going to her as she is pregnant and finds her very good so maybe it was just the way she was on the day I was there. I am hoping to try to get pregant soon so I'm wondering if you start with Dr. Anne and decide to switch doctor - more than likely Dr. Elsa is this easily done? How easy is it to switch doctor whilst pregnant and under another OB-GYN? Thanks!
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 23:30
I saw her today for non pregnancy issues and I found her top be completely dissmissive. She barely acknowledged my issues and she didn't give me an indication that she knew what or if anything could be done. Am glad dr Britt delivered my baby before she left am not sure I would have been happy seeing dr Anne for the pregnancy.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 09:57
I guess after reading these posts (yes they [b'>all[/b'> read expatwoman) she will probably get her act together. LoL..
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 09:53
I'm kind of with you saggi1, although when I was kept waiting it wasn't for anywhere near as long as you. Of course I understand she has patients that are in labour and it's great to be able to call her when you're in that situation, but it's more about how she deals with the rest of us afterwards. She does appear very laid back, which is good, my I have also felt it's bordering on disinterested/dismissive laid back. The jury is still out for me. Am hoping the next couple of appointments will get better, since I know switching docs will be difficult.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 09:29
I think she is fantastic! She comes across as a very 'personal' doctor and always puts my mind at ease. Yes, she does have her phone available for her patients to get in touch with her but if you were near the end of your pregnancy - I'm sure you'd appreciate having her on call.
Latest post on 31 August 2013 - 23:30
Hi ladies ... I had a strange experience with her today as well.. Surely not as bad as picking out her nails... But first she made us wait as there was a delivery which is fine and then we were asked to come back within an hour.. And was called back by the nurse in thirty minutes and when we rushed to the hospital .. The nurse said she had finished all deliveries and was seeing a patient... She returned back after an hour.. So we actually saw her three hours after our scheduled appt time When we finally met her ... She seemed to casual as cold (she did apologise for being late though) We asked her a few questions and she seemed quite disinterested ... Maybe she could be casual as everything in my scan was normal however she negated her own statements from my first visit about my medications and multivitamins .. ALSO she said she will be on leave in sept , again in dec and probably in feb or march or April and is not sure ... I felt that it was very unreliable as I read a few previous posts and she was due to actually go on leave in August and now is actually going in sept and flies out almost every three months which is unpredictable .... I am seriously considering to switch but dr Elsa first appt is In dec.
Latest post on 18 August 2013 - 20:56
I think she's lovely, each time I go she has massive bouquets from deliveries, 1st baby & she makes me feel at ease and well informed.
Latest post on 18 August 2013 - 16:33
I didn't like her. After being kept waiting over an hour to be seen despite arriving on time for the appointment, she spent the first few mins of the appt on the phone to another patient while I was lying on the bed with my clothes up/down waiting to be scanned. While she was on the phone she picked at all her nails and pulled them off and collected them on the table and then threw them away. I don't know if that's uncharacteristic as I did go to her based on everyone's feedback...I could have dealt with the lateness and even the talking on the phone...but the nails thing has put me right off. I'm now on Dr Elsa's waiting list. :( I was with Dr. Anne from week 16 to about week 33 of my pregnancy and I'm very surprised at your experience. She never kept me waiting and I would assume that if you had to wait that long then perhaps there was an emergency with one of her other patients. She seems to try to be available for all of her patients as I called her once and although she answered, she informed me that she was currently with a patient and asked me to please sms her. The nail thing is simply bizaar. You mean to say she clipped her nails sitting there or peeled off fake ones?? Perhaps a previous client complained about her nails or....they got caught on something/?? While it is really strange I think I'd be grateful that she cut her nails (assuming she washed her hands afterward). Dirt sits and grows under even the cleanest of nails. I think you should give Dr. Anne another chance. The only issue I had with her is that she did not feel pro VBAC enough for me and I found that she said odd things at times that made me feel less comfortable. Thanks for your reply - I hope for others' sakes that what I experienced isn't the norm! She told me they were running late because most the docs were on leave and she was covering for them - which is understandable but would have appreciated a phone call to let me know so I didn't have to leave work early for no reason! Anyway my biggest issue was the nails thing - no excuse for that I'm afraid! Yes I agree short nails are more hygienic - but to pull them off in front of a patient and collect them on a desk? Not hygienic, not professional and definitely don't want that sort of lack of hygiene around me during my delivery!!!
Latest post on 17 August 2013 - 10:07
I didn't like her. After being kept waiting over an hour to be seen despite arriving on time for the appointment, she spent the first few mins of the appt on the phone to another patient while I was lying on the bed with my clothes up/down waiting to be scanned. While she was on the phone she picked at all her nails and pulled them off and collected them on the table and then threw them away. I don't know if that's uncharacteristic as I did go to her based on everyone's feedback...I could have dealt with the lateness and even the talking on the phone...but the nails thing has put me right off. I'm now on Dr Elsa's waiting list. :( I was with Dr. Anne from week 16 to about week 33 of my pregnancy and I'm very surprised at your experience. She never kept me waiting and I would assume that if you had to wait that long then perhaps there was an emergency with one of her other patients. She seems to try to be available for all of her patients as I called her once and although she answered, she informed me that she was currently with a patient and asked me to please sms her. The nail thing is simply bizaar. You mean to say she clipped her nails sitting there or peeled off fake ones?? Perhaps a previous client complained about her nails or....they got caught on something/?? While it is really strange I think I'd be grateful that she cut her nails (assuming she washed her hands afterward). Dirt sits and grows under even the cleanest of nails. I think you should give Dr. Anne another chance. The only issue I had with her is that she did not feel pro VBAC enough for me and I found that she said odd things at times that made me feel less comfortable.
Latest post on 15 August 2013 - 09:16
I didn't like her. After being kept waiting over an hour to be seen despite arriving on time for the appointment, she spent the first few mins of the appt on the phone to another patient while I was lying on the bed with my clothes up/down waiting to be scanned. While she was on the phone she picked at all her nails and pulled them off and collected them on the table and then threw them away. I don't know if that's uncharacteristic as I did go to her based on everyone's feedback...I could have dealt with the lateness and even the talking on the phone...but the nails thing has put me right off. I'm now on Dr Elsa's waiting list. :(
Latest post on 14 May 2013 - 15:40
I just found out am pregnant and at the same time that my obgyn Dr Britt has left Dubai. I also heard that it is only temporary and she will be back. Does anyone have any more news on this? It took me a long time to find someone I could trust here and who would answer all my questions patiently... am gutted especially since now my list of questions has suddenly become endless! Hi there I'm now under dr Anne Phillip was under dr Britt she's left for a few months to sort personal circumstances out possibly back after summer. X
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 17:22
I was also with dr Britt. I think she's either back at the end of the year or not at all. I met with dr Anne today. She is so lovely. I felt at ease straight away and she was so friendly. I felt like I knew her forever. She's fantastic!
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 15:18
I just found out am pregnant and at the same time that my obgyn Dr Britt has left Dubai. I also heard that it is only temporary and she will be back. Does anyone have any more news on this? It took me a long time to find someone I could trust here and who would answer all my questions patiently... am gutted especially since now my list of questions has suddenly become endless!
Latest post on 25 April 2013 - 19:18
Hiya ladies,seen dr britt today gutted she's got to leave for a while fantastic doctor. I'm now referred to dr Anne Phillips who ill see in 3 weeks. With your comments I'm sure ill be ok and smoothly slot in. Will update on how it goes for anyone else wanting to know. 9 weeks left :-/
Latest post on 25 April 2013 - 17:09
Just an update on my expericence with Dr. Anne Phillip. FANTASTIC!!! She makes me feel absolutely comfortable right from the moment I enter her cabin. I am sure I am in safe hands. @Allisonmason98 - Sorry for the late reply. You would've got to know already that Dr. Britt has left City Hospital. Whom are you with now??
Latest post on 19 March 2013 - 16:37
Hi ladies.. im with Dr Anne, due to deliver in around 5 weeks and as I mentioned in a previous post although everyone has different ideas of what they are looking for in a doctor, personally, I cannot speak highly enough of her! She is from the UK and has many years of experience (more than 20yrs as far as I know) From my experience she is very supportive of whichever birth method you choose. To be honest, Im not sure if she would even raise the subject of CS unless, like I did, you want to discuss the options with her so Blondie I can't see you having any issues over a natural delivery. Im sorry Im not sure how long she will let you go over your due date but again I would imagine if you have any concerns she will be happy to listen and support you, or at least talk you through the pros and cons in a non biased way. Good luck ladies!
Latest post on 18 March 2013 - 16:57
Hi ladies I'm under dr britt too due June 26th did she say how long she is out of dubai for. I don't see her until end of march be gutted if she's not here to deliver me. :-/
Latest post on 18 March 2013 - 09:17
Hi ladies... I am due in August and have just made an appointment with Dr Anne as my current doctor has told me she wont be in Dubai for my due date. Any more info on her would be great! Its our first baby and im quite anxious...would really like a natural delivery but have been told the c-section rate in Dubai is very high? Also does anyone know how long Dr Anne lets you go over your due date? My current doctor was only 2-3 days... Many thanks hope you are all feeling ok :-)
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 10:49
I'm just about to make an appointment with Anne if I can! Good to know your thoughts below. Where is she from?
Latest post on 23 February 2013 - 13:50
Thanks a lot Irishgal13. You sure made me feel relaxed..when are you due?
Latest post on 20 February 2013 - 11:11
Hi ladies.. obviously everyone has different opinions and ideas of what they look for in their Ob/gyn but im with Dr Anne at City and absolutely love her!!! I cannot recommend her highly enough.. :)
Latest post on 19 February 2013 - 10:07
Hey Everyone. I am in my 24th week. Was so glad to have got the appointment with Dr. Britt Clausson at City Hospital but to my dismay she informed me that she won't in Dubai at the time of my delivery which will be end of May. So, she has reffered me to Dr. Anne Phillip who is absolutely new at City so I have no idea how is she...Any reviews will be highly appreciated. Thanks I'm also keen to know! Britt is on holiday for my 12 week scan, Elsa isn't taking patients until JULY! I was offered an appointment with Anne...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY