Nibras Int'l School - Any feedback possible? | ExpatWoman.com

Nibras Int'l School - Any feedback possible?

Latest post on 01 April 2013 - 21:09
My son is at Nibras this year in KG2. I don't think the school is terrible, his teacher is also Irish (perhaps the same class kenya2312?) and she has been great. My son is also native english speaker and is doing really well. Perhaps he is advanced because of this but I do feel he has learned a lot this year. His reading and writing are progressing quite quickly, he blasts through his weekly homework in about 20 minutes but I don't mind as he is so young and I don't think he needs to spend too much time on homework at this age. That being said, we are looking to change schools for September as I haven't heard good things about the primary program there. His class is full of different nationalities which I think has been beneficial to him. He has gained confidence as he is quite bright and hopefully won't have a problem adjusting to a new school next year. I certainly wouldn't say Nibras would be my first choice, but we didn't really have many choices for time and financial reasons. Does anyone have school suggestions that are not too expensive? Would be interested in feedback on this subject.
Latest post on 01 April 2013 - 17:36
Avoid!! We opted for Nibras as it was the only option at short notice for KG. Thankfully my kids have a great Irish teacher but thats where the benefits end! Majority of pupils are non-english speaking so those that are native english speaking are way ahead of the rest of the class and thus bored. I asked asked for additional homework for them but this was not forthcoming. The ECA are a joke - its basically a glorified babysitting service and they dont learn anything. Sport is equally a joke - they have a pool dedicated for KG use but in the 7 months the kids have been there they have probably swum 6 times (and by swim I mean sit on the side of the pool and splash your feet). Sadly the teachers are good but seem to be restricted in what they can do and the high turnover rate must be testament to this. Thankfully we are in a position to move them in September - cant wait!!
Latest post on 01 April 2013 - 13:58
As the sub forum is not so frequented: Please if anybody has some recent feedback for me, please reply. thx. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic183266-nibras-international-school--any-reviews.aspx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY