Why was it deleted? | ExpatWoman.com

Why was it deleted?

Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:12

The first time i post about a negative/poor experience, my post gets deleted.. Why? It was about the poor level of service recieved from Global Currency Exchange Network GCEN. I hope i am allowed to share with other members positive and negative experiences... Its not hearsay or anything its personal experience..

Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 17:09
Please read the rules of the board http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_forum_rules_8392.aspx Specifically When making comments about companies or organisations, it is understood that sometimes they may be critical and/or negative. If someone is asking for a recommendation there is no need to post who you don't recommend- post about who you do. Please be respectful. Don't make accusations that are personal, unsubstantiated, unfounded, inflammatory, or slanderous. They will be deleted. If you have a complaint or issue about or with a company or institution your first recourse should be to contact them directly and solve any issues that way. If you don't tell them about any issues that they have- how can they begin to fix them? And... If a thread is deleted, please resist the temptation to start a new one about the same subject or asking why the thread was deleted- they will just be deleted too. And... We are sometimes contacted by person, a poster or a company, who wish to have a particular thread removed for some reason - incorrect facts, damaging to them personally or professionally, personal situations they do not wish to be discussed publicly, too much information, original poster wants it removed etc. etc. and this is done, without entering into any debate on the board, as to why a particular thread has been removed. We do not differentiate between site sponsors and non-sponsors, posters and non-posters. We will delete any thread whenever requested by anyone. Thanks in advance for your understanding EW Admin
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 17:09
Terrible exchange rates compared to banks and other major dealers and poor response! Also still waiting for a manager to call after 3 days of making a complaint! "Terrible" exchange rates is why they stay in business...and that's why there are many exchange places out there for you to compare....you losing out because of a bad rate is not their fault. The manager should indeed return your calls, it's basic customer service, but keep in mind that there is nothing they can (or should) do to help you recover your losses. Sakhifa I don't see anything wrong with sheems' post , she's only quoting her experience, why would I take the trouble to go to this exchange if their rates are terrible? I would thank her ,for letting us know that their exchange rates aren't as good.
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 17:06
Virtue what happened at cinnabon? I visit it frequently There are two outlets at ibn batuta, the one opposite homes r us did not pass on the special half price discount on mini cup cakes, and we asked them thrice if there was an increase in price recently. We went to the outlet near the food court and we recieved the discount there!!! We came back to the one before and asked what exact,y was going on and demanded to see the manager, who merely said it was new staff although there were three others standing next to this guy who gave us the price. So we asked how many of them are new and they had no answer. So I put up a post letting everyone know the price for 6 mini cup cakes is aed 12.50 and NOT aed 25/. So if you do come across sheems you know what to ask for :) I also put this up on other forums to create as much awareness as possible.
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 17:01
Terrible exchange rates compared to banks and other major dealers and poor response! Also still waiting for a manager to call after 3 days of making a complaint! "Terrible" exchange rates is why they stay in business...and that's why there are many exchange places out there for you to compare....you losing out because of a bad rate is not their fault. The manager should indeed return your calls, it's basic customer service, but keep in mind that there is nothing they can (or should) do to help you recover your losses.
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:59
Personally I have never had any issue with them. I have always been made fully aware of what the exchange rates are, and personally dealt with by a customer service manager. I am sure they will, if they have to already tried to sort the issue out. If it isn't too late.
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:59
Terrible exchange rates compared to banks and other major dealers and poor response! Also still waiting for a manager to call after 3 days of making a complaint! CS at it's best NOT
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:58
Terrible exchange rates compared to banks and other major dealers and poor response! Also still waiting for a manager to call after 3 days of making a complaint!
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:54
You admit it was your mistake - so why start a thread complaining of their bad service? You've confused me edited by Sheems on 04/04/2013 You admit you made a mistake by not doing your research...so how is this the exchange's fault? What service did you not receive from them?
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:51
Virtue what happened at cinnabon? I visit it frequently
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:46
You admit it was your mistake - so why start a thread complaining of their bad service? You've confused me <em>edited by Sheems on 04/04/2013</em>
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:37
My post on Cinnabon got deleted too!!! I wonder why?! I was only trying to alert unsuspecting customers, I just thought to myself that I had 104 views so atleast alerted those many! I still wonder why it got deleted though ?!
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:37
You admit it was your mistake - so why start a thread complaining of their bad service?
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:31
I failed to do my research and handed over a large sum, resulting in terrible exchange rates, poor communication and zero response when asked to speak to a Manager.. I checked with my local bank the same day and found i would have been much better off sending money with them. Never again! I had just blindly trusted them for the past several years..
Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 16:18
Ooh I would be interested to know what that said, I use them and not had any issues yet.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY