South African Maid | ExpatWoman.com

South African Maid

Latest post on 04 April 2013 - 21:13

Hi Ladies,

I am planning to bring my South African maid to Dubai. Has this been done in the past by other SA ladies? I just want to know if it is possible to bring someone in from South Africa?

Thanks

Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 13:31
I was able to find a Zimbabwean lady who was working with a SA family here and it worked out much bette in terms of us intergrating especially with our LO 4 months at the time. You can bring so...
Thank you so much! Hope to chat more on mail but this is very good news.! Really appreciate your reply. :)
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 13:27
Hi , happy to chat via email if you still need help . There is a community of Zim ladies and I have found that to be so helpful. They help each other , supportive and really build a solid support ....
Fantastic, thats amazing news! Thank you so much! I am having so much trouble trying to get any info. She speaks Ndebele and Shona. My email is [email protected] - maybe we can chat further there?
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 13:17
Hi Cath, I was wondering if you managed to sort this out. We are in the exact same situation with our Zimbabwean nanny. My biggest worry is her integration/community/friends. If you are open to ema...
Hi , happy to chat via email if you still need help . There is a community of Zim ladies and I have found that to be so helpful. They help each other , supportive and really build a solid support . Is she Ndebele or Shona ?
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 13:17
Hi Cath, I was wondering if you managed to sort this out. We are in the exact same situation with our Zimbabwean nanny. My biggest worry is her integration/community/friends. If you are open to ema...
Hi , happy to chat via email if you still need help . There is a community of Zim ladies and I have found that to be so helpful. They help each other , supportive and really build a solid support . Is she Ndebele or Shona ?
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 13:12
Hi Maas, I was wondering if you managed to work this out and whether it's all been possible? We are in the exact same situation and I am trying to gather information! Would love any advice you migh...
I was able to find a Zimbabwean lady who was working with a SA family here and it worked out much bette in terms of us intergrating especially with our LO 4 months at the time. You can bring someone but you have to fill an affidavit proving you not related , you sponsors as you would if find one here , pay medical insurance etc . The stipend for most ranges from 2000 AED to 3500 AED ( depends on family size etc ) . Visa sponsorship is by far the biggest initial cost and is renewed annually . In SA we have less regulation when it comes to hiring help so it worthwhile to note the above to ensure you are legally compliant even if you bring your own. Hope this helps .
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 12:45
[quote=KimSA][quote=Donnadxb]This is a very old thread but I just wanted to let you all know you can sponsor a south african maid. I have had 2 already. If you are south african as well you and you...
Hi Maas, I was wondering if you managed to work this out and whether it's all been possible? We are in the exact same situation and I am trying to gather information! Would love any advice you might have.
Latest post on 19 April 2018 - 12:44
Any update on this? We're moving to Dubai and would love to take our ZImbabwean nanny/governess with us. Any idea on the process? Also - any feedback on integration of nannies in Dubai
Hi Cath, I was wondering if you managed to sort this out. We are in the exact same situation with our Zimbabwean nanny. My biggest worry is her integration/community/friends. If you are open to emailing I would love your opinion if you have made any progress here!
Latest post on 31 January 2018 - 10:26
[quote=KimSA][quote=Donnadxb]This is a very old thread but I just wanted to let you all know you can sponsor a south african maid. I have had 2 already. If you are south african as well you and you...
Any update on this? We're moving to Dubai and would love to take our ZImbabwean nanny/governess with us. Any idea on the process? Also - any feedback on integration of nannies in Dubai
Latest post on 06 December 2016 - 16:40
This is a very old thread but I just wanted to let you all know you can sponsor a south african maid. I have had 2 already. If you are south african as well you and your husband just need to sign an affidavit stating that you not related to your housemaid and you need one extra letter from the courts stating that you would be taking care of the maid. I'm not sure what the letter is called though..I usually just take a copy of the first letter and tell them I need one of these...The courts in sheikh zayed road types out the letter and you get the affidavit signed by the sa consulate in dubai. Easy. Hi Donnadxb - I know your response is old, but I just wanted to find out if you still have a South African maid in Dubai? We are moving up in Jan and would love to take our maid with us, just not 100% sure where to start - is the process you described still the same? Also quite curious to know how your SA ladies adjusted in Dubai - did they interact with other maids in your area? Hi ladies I am also aware this is old . I have recently moved to Dubai and would like to bring my nanny in the new year . Is there a step by step process or contacts to help get this process started and costs thereof . I would really appreciate the insight .
Latest post on 05 December 2016 - 16:17
This is a very old thread but I just wanted to let you all know you can sponsor a south african maid. I have had 2 already. If you are south african as well you and your husband just need to sign an affidavit stating that you not related to your housemaid and you need one extra letter from the courts stating that you would be taking care of the maid. I'm not sure what the letter is called though..I usually just take a copy of the first letter and tell them I need one of these...The courts in sheikh zayed road types out the letter and you get the affidavit signed by the sa consulate in dubai. Easy. Hi Donnadxb - I know your response is old, but I just wanted to find out if you still have a South African maid in Dubai? We are moving up in Jan and would love to take our maid with us, just not 100% sure where to start - is the process you described still the same? Also quite curious to know how your SA ladies adjusted in Dubai - did they interact with other maids in your area?
Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 18:30
Pls anyone with some kind of lnformation help me. Quite desperate
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 20:27
Hie lam a zimbabwean nationality in abu dhabi l have tried with my employer to get a nanny visa its the third time its been rejected they say they are certain nationalities who can work and its restricted however this proves to be both a nightmare for me since l know of zimbabwean who posses a nanny visa already
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 20:32
I was also wondering about what the life is like there for your maids of African decent. Do they have many friends or is it quite lonely for them? Any information is great Thank you!
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 20:29
Thank you for tips and hope that I can get my south african maid to Dubai with us! If anyone has further advise on where and what to do or who to call I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 17:57
I got mine from Kenya through a friends maid, very nice lady
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 16:45
Thanks Mamma2. Any idea which agency I can try please or which one you went through?
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 16:34
Try with a agency, they can find nanny from every nationality, they help me a lot
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 21:03
Hi Can anyone please shed some finer details of how to go about doing this. And can it be done in Abu Dhabi? If not can you apply for a maid in Dubai although she will live in Abu Dhabi (sorry if that sounds like a silly question) just deslerate to bring my South Africa maid here.
Latest post on 12 February 2015 - 11:33
This is a very old thread but I just wanted to let you all know you can sponsor a south african maid. I have had 2 already. If you are south african as well you and your husband just need to sign an affidavit stating that you not related to your housemaid and you need one extra letter from the courts stating that you would be taking care of the maid. I'm not sure what the letter is called though..I usually just take a copy of the first letter and tell them I need one of these...The courts in sheikh zayed road types out the letter and you get the affidavit signed by the sa consulate in dubai. Easy.
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 11:37
no such thing as a transfer, its just what ppl call it as the maid doesn't go home. Old employer cancels, you take cancellation letter and go sponsor. Simple.
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 10:51
I found some helpful links about sponsoring a maid, but it does not mention how to transfer a visa. Also - all these links mention only certain nationalities can be sponsored as maids. How do we go about sponsoring a Zimbabwean maid? http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=45 http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?page=maid_sponsorship http://www.guide2dubai.com/info/sponsor-house-maid.asp http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-maid-uae.php
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 10:12
@Trixibelle: We're hiring a Zimbabwean maid and need to transfer her visa from another family. My husband is on a British PP and I am on South African, so I don't believe we'll need to get the police letter, but my question is about where to even start... Which office/authority do we go to in Dubai to start this transfer? Thanks
Latest post on 14 April 2013 - 14:36
We've just sponsored a maid from Zimbabwe with no trouble at all. The biggest thing is you will need a police report from South Africa which claims the sponsor/family is not related to the maid in any way. Other than that, it should be ok to do.
Latest post on 06 April 2013 - 19:49
I thought you could only have a maid of a certain nationality Filipina, Idian etc would SAbe allowed? Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Philippines and Sri Lanka are the nations from which maids can be employed. That said, I seem to remember that people have had luck in the past bringing in their helpers from other countries. The way to get around it is to employ them as a nanny/governess NOT a maid. What you do when they get here is your business; this is just to get around the domestic servant visa limitations. We had a MAID from Colombia, and also some of our friends heren have employed maids form South America,(Colombia, Peru, Bolivia)only different thing we did in the process to get her a maids visa was proof she was not a relative.
Latest post on 06 April 2013 - 16:10
I thought you could only have a maid of a certain nationality Filipina, Idian etc would SAbe allowed? Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Philippines and Sri Lanka are the nations from which maids can be employed. That said, I seem to remember that people have had luck in the past bringing in their helpers from other countries. The way to get around it is to employ them as a nanny/governess NOT a maid. What you do when they get here is your business; this is just to get around the domestic servant visa limitations. It's a different process. Not sure of the details, but that's how you do it apparently.
Latest post on 06 April 2013 - 13:49
I thought you could only have a maid of a certain nationality Filipina, Idian etc would SAbe allowed?
Latest post on 06 April 2013 - 09:45
I would also love to bring one from home. Let me know if you come right.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY