Ideas for gifts from Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Ideas for gifts from Dubai?

Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 18:37

Hi everyone! I'll visit my family in 8 days and I want to buy some gifts for them but any inspiration:) Do you have some ideas for my mother, sisters (22 and 18 years old) and brother (11 years old)?
Thanks a lot

Latest post on 22 April 2013 - 22:26
Thanks all for these good ideas! I didnt' listen about this Antique Museum and I'm going to have a look in this place!
Latest post on 22 April 2013 - 10:05
We had a delivery of Coco Jalila chocolates at the office recently and they were amazing. All the branding says 'made with love for the uae', so I think they would make lovely gifts. My hubbie has already been asking how we can go about getting some more! FFx
Latest post on 22 April 2013 - 09:39
For the age groups you mentioned I recently found this site: [url=www.wamli.com'>Wamli[/url'> has a lot of quirky items, a while back they had some nice local type of geeky items! Good luck!
Latest post on 22 April 2013 - 09:06
The Antique Museum has [i'>tons [/i'>of gifts at ridiculously low prices. For starters, there are pashminas, coffee sets, table and pillow coverings, trinkets, jewelry, the belly dancer outfits, and framed pieces with the sands of the 7 Emirates (might be a hit with your brother, my nephew loved his). I take all my guests there for their souvenirs. They have everything at a fraction of what you would pay at Souk Madinat.
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 22:08
for us the choco dates have always been a hit then there are also unique frames etc featuring camels or dubai building - in gallery one but for our nieces in their teens - anything branded - you can pick up some really nice things in outlet mall
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 20:40
What's your budget? You could always get something like a coffee table book about Dubai/UAE as a family gift rather than individual gifts.
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 20:28
These camel prints are so cute too! [url=http://www.facebook.com/ARTE#!/BandDArt'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 20:10
So after lots of tries, here is what my family likes: *For mature women (mothers, aunts) - saffron (its 1/5 the price here), Indian silk handmade rugs from C4 (they are very reasonable), Kashmiri style hand-sewn pillowcases, Karama knock-off bags and silk scarves (Souk Madinat) * For the younger crowd - Karama knock-offs, leather camels, belly-dancer belts, some of the louder "jewelry" available here Choco-dates are a family favorite as well. I have brought back camel chocolate and no one likes it! I guess it depends on whether your family has a good sense of humor and are particular about quality.
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 20:08
The camel chocolate is lovely and very well made. There are 3000 camels milked twice daily just past outlet mall, and the chocolate is made in Europe. It's great quality. Depends on how much you want to spend. My friends your sisters age like those Arabic name necklaces, or you could get a gold Arabic calligraphy pendant from the gold souk. Wooden gift boxes with Arabic calligraphy can be found all over town too.
Latest post on 21 April 2013 - 19:35
I happend to pass a store today in MOE level one at the C4 end, they had some more upmarket souvenirs including lovely prints, wall hanging and other items. I did not get the name of the store but its on the inside corridor above C4. just round the corner from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf cafe. Also there I believe there is a camel milk chocolate outlet somewhere in MOE. There's another souvenir shop as well on the first corridor over C4, they have tons of the usual souvenirs things such as coffee pots, and ornaments, and there's the pink camel shop near there too for camel t shirts, accesories etc all pink so would be good for the girls. Seems all my ideas revolve around camels sorry! hth

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY