Compounds behind Landmark mall? | ExpatWoman.com

Compounds behind Landmark mall?

Latest post on 29 April 2013 - 09:29

I would like to move to a compound behind Landmark, or around the area of Dahl al Haman park. it must be at least 4 bedrooms and have a pool. Please could you recommend any nice ones. I'm British and would like at least some other expatriates for my children to play with. Very maximum budget is 18000 qar per month and for that it must be fully furnished, but I would prefer to pay less and don't mind semi furnished if its reflected in the price. Please help as I seem to be going in circles on the property websites and having paid a hefty commission to an agent for the villa we are in now, I would prefer to deal with a compound direct next time! Many thanks

Latest post on 29 April 2013 - 19:27
As of last week I know there was availability in Al Jelaiah Complex which is on Arab League Street. The villas are presently at QR 16,000. The Jelaiah compound you must have seen is the newer one at the back which does not have a clubhouse/pool.
Latest post on 29 April 2013 - 14:08
You know that new mall they're building at Dahl al Hamam Park roundabout - there are a few little compounds around there, but I imagine they'd be noisy. Think your best bet will be to drive around and just ask security-type men that you see... There's also Al Malki Gardens on the other side of the road (Starfish side)
Latest post on 29 April 2013 - 12:39
Thanks for the quick reply. I have seen one of the Jelaiah compounds, which was nice but I was put off as you had to walk to one of the nearby compounds to use the pool. I will look into Al Areen Gardens, I like the location. I have been put off Al Jazi Village 2 as I've heard lots of people are always coming in and out to use their sports club and the facilities get too busy because of all the clubs? Ideally I would prefer to be on the Landmark side of the expressway in a quietish compound. Do you have any suggestions on that side? Thanks
Latest post on 29 April 2013 - 09:57
Al Areen Gardens is in your budget, don't know if there are any vacancies though. There is also one in Duhai I thought was nice, not sure how to spell it but think someone from this site lives there - Jelailah Complex? Al Jazi Village 2 might have some vacancies coming up too.