Embarassing question of the day... | ExpatWoman.com

Embarassing question of the day...

Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 23:35
In response to Azaiba. Yes, we went to school and learnt proper grammar! Thanks for that, needed a laugh ;-)) <em>edited by Annedxb on 07/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 23:11
In response to Azaiba. Yes, we went to school and learnt proper grammar!
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 22:25
underpants no, bin those. Bras in excellent shape fine, if there is a home for them...unless of course you were breastfeeding when you wore them,then .....well, no.... and to Azaiba I also agree that is a tad insulting..how old are you anyway? Bra is like a T.shirt, underpants, a different thing. Agree, bra is like a T-shirt, used underpants - trash them.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 21:28
underpants no, bin those. Bras in excellent shape fine, if there is a home for them...unless of course you were breastfeeding when you wore them,then .....well, no.... and to Azaiba I also agree that is a tad insulting..how old are you anyway? Bra is like a T.shirt, underpants, a different thing.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 21:17
Sad post do any of you have had a real life before you arrived in artificial Dubai? That's a tad insulting - it's a perfectly legitimate question....
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 15:54
Surely it would be an insult to any charity to have second hand undies in the recycling bins? Bin them!!! Even new with labels I would be funny about wearing them. On the side of the Emaar ones i think it is specific about what you can donate I dont remember seeing it is okay to donate knickers and i certainly would not wear anyone elses yuk.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 15:38
Some ladies may be very happy to wear secondhand bra's in particular. I always donate my unwanted ones to my in-laws maid in South Africa and she makes sure she finds a good home for them in her loca community. When you are poor and you have nothing a secondhand bra (especially if still new) can make you feel great.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 15:06
There's a charity in Africa that takes lightly used bras for women to resell. I am currently looking into how to get the bras over to them. As soon as I have heard back I will let you know - so save those old undies for the time being!
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 15:01
There are clothes recycling bins as samz says, we have them in our building in JLT. That being said, even with labels on, underwear is a difficult one, [b'>as some people can be known to leave labels attached even when they are wearing the clothes[/b'>, which I have never understood. Maybe they are the same people who leave the plastic covers on their car seats? LOL ;-)
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 14:42
My dilema is what to do with: Brand new, still with labels attached undies Matching sets of M&S and Debenhams Truly gorgeous and very pretty but unfortunately I have been buying the wrong size so have been left with so many sets which I have purchased to match a certain outfit. There is even an amazing honeymoon set with crystals by Janet Reger (still with price labels) I just cannot bear to throw them away but don't know what to do with them either!! They are mostly sizes 38E or 34G I was re-fitted last year and found that I am a 34FF Can anyone suggest what to do with these. Brand New still with labels Maybe donate them to the charity shops to sell?
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 14:20
trash them
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 14:15
There are clothes recycling bins as samz says, we have them in our building in JLT. That being said, even with labels on, underwear is a difficult one, [b'>as some people can be known to leave labels attached even when they are wearing the clothes[/b'>, which I have never understood. Maybe they are the same people who leave the plastic covers on their car seats?
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 14:10
Bin Bin Bin :)
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 13:13
I think I've seen "clothes recycling" bins where they might actually recycle the clothes instead of passing them on to those less fortunate. I remember seeing something of the sort in Downtown Dubai near the Burj Residences. There are clothes recycling bins as samz says, we have them in our building in JLT. That being said, even with labels on, underwear is a difficult one, as some people can be known to leave labels attached even when they are wearing the clothes, which I have never understood.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 13:11
You could try selling the new items with the labels still on on our Classifieds http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_classifieds.aspx HTH <em>edited by admin on 07/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 13:09
I think I've seen "clothes recycling" bins where they might actually recycle the clothes instead of passing them on to those less fortunate. I remember seeing something of the sort in Downtown Dubai near the Burj Residences.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 12:31
My dilema is what to do with: Brand new, still with labels attached undies Matching sets of M&S and Debenhams Truly gorgeous and very pretty but unfortunately I have been buying the wrong size so have been left with so many sets which I have purchased to match a certain outfit. There is even an amazing honeymoon set with crystals by Janet Reger (still with price labels) I just cannot bear to throw them away but don't know what to do with them either!! They are mostly sizes 38E or 34G I was re-fitted last year and found that I am a 34FF Can anyone suggest what to do with these. Brand New still with labels
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 12:06
Who would want to wear secondhand undies!!! Bin, lol
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 12:00
No question - bin.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 10:30
I too become attached to my undies (not literally), but I don't think that a new owner would feel the same way about my baggy grey smalls. Bin every time.
Latest post on 07 May 2013 - 10:26
Bin them, anything else is just ewwwwww !!!! lol

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY