4x4 driving | ExpatWoman.com

4x4 driving

Latest post on 11 May 2013 - 19:17
I'm over 4x4's . The roads and driving are getting worse in Qatar. My Range Rover isn't enough any more so looking at these.. www.tanksforsale.co.uk LMAO - awesome, I'll consider that;)
Latest post on 11 May 2013 - 13:02
Definitely get a 4X4 in my opinion. We have been here a couple of years now and do not regret getting a 4x4 even once. Along with the option of being able to access places like Inland Sea etc, also makes road trips to Dubai, Bahrain comfortable. I started driving recently and although DH would have loved to get me a tank, I got the Toyota Sequoia. I agree with kimmc3 that a bigger car get you more respect on the road and is safer. :)
Latest post on 11 May 2013 - 11:17
I'm over 4x4's . The roads and driving are getting worse in Qatar. My Range Rover isn't enough any more so looking at these.. www.tanksforsale.co.uk
Latest post on 10 May 2013 - 20:56
We've been in the region for quite a number of years, and I would always advise new folks to buy the absolute biggest car that they can afford. You will get far more respect on the road, and you will feel a lot safer with a bigger vehicle. At least then you've also got the option to do off-road driving too - actually with state of a lot of the roads here, you actually need a 4X4. There are enough decent second hand 4X4's available from expats leaving (if you can't afford a new one), especially at this time of year.
Latest post on 10 May 2013 - 20:43
When we arrived in Doha, I was adamant that I didn't want a 4x4. Ended up with a Pathfinder and never regretted it. I lost count of the number of times that we went off road even in the city, just to around road works or find a back route somewhere. The 4x4 are usually higher than a saloon and are less likely to be damaged by the high road humps. Sorry, I can't help with a driving school though.
Latest post on 10 May 2013 - 20:06
Hi ladies We are thinking about what sort of car to buy. Dont want to go down the route of 4x4 if we never leave the streets but dont want to buy a saloon if the lure of the desert appeals at a later date. To this end can anyone recommend a desert/4x4 driving school/experience that would help us in our decision? We're thinking that if we have a go, it will help us decide. Many thanks