Anyone living in motor city ? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone living in motor city ?

Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 15:31

My husband and i are contemplating a move to motor city from where we are now. Would love some feed back from the ladies who live there in terms of how family friendly it is :)

Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 23:51
Love love love Motor City! Living here from the past 4 years..and it's become a nice community to be a part of. easy access to The biggest Spinneys around town,restaurants about 5 to 6 salons and nail spas :) schools and nurseries. Very green and family friendly.Appartments are big with nice big balconies. only draw back you need to pay Emicool (cooling) charges in addition to your DEWA bill average around 300 -500 for a 1 BR appt and yes prices are going up :( avg around 60K for a 1BR. You may also want to check out the Motor city community forum and also the the Motor city Facebook page.
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 21:07
I thought it might be nice to move there from Meadows as we are anticipating our rent going up when our contract ends, but have just looked at prices in Green Community Motor City and they are asking for more for a two bed apartment than we are paying for a 4 bed villa :( Green Community motor city is crazy expensive for some reason. Don't forget you have to pay Emicool on top of DEWA! My friend pays twice the amount of what I pay for a 1 BR Greens for a 1 BR at MC..
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 17:49
I thought it might be nice to move there from Meadows as we are anticipating our rent going up when our contract ends, but have just looked at prices in Green Community Motor City and they are asking for more for a two bed apartment than we are paying for a 4 bed villa :( Green Community motor city is crazy expensive for some reason. Don't forget you have to pay Emicool on top of DEWA!
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 17:47
I thought it might be nice to move there from Meadows as we are anticipating our rent going up when our contract ends, but have just looked at prices in Green Community Motor City and they are asking for more for a two bed apartment than we are paying for a 4 bed villa :(
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 17:01
I live in Motor City as well. It's lovely, our apartment has a huge balcony and we sit outside in the evening and hear nothing but the crickets chirping :) My son is still too small to play outside by himself (4 months) but I am looking forward to when he's bigger and can go play in the playgrounds or swim in the pool with all the other kids around here.
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 16:39
We've got a great article about life in Motor City here... http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_property_guide_dubai_area_motor_city_7143.aspx Really nice place to live! HTH
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 16:06
We have been living in Motor City since October and we just love it! Lots of families live out there, mostly with smaller kids. The pathways around the neighborhood always have kids riding bikes or families taking walks. There are also covered play areas and pools near each cluster of buildings. It's fantastic how close you are to the Spinney's and other shops there, too. And the layouts of the apartments are great for families. Nice big kitchens, large bedrooms, and big balconies for family dinners. I'm in love with where we live, even though people always say it's too far out from the more exciting areas of Dubai. I just figure I'd drive even further to get to the action if I was back in the US, and it's our own quiet oasis out of all the hustle and bustle of the main city.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY