Self Employed - Possible? | ExpatWoman.com

Self Employed - Possible?

Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 13:19

Hello ladies,

is it possible to have a contract with someone (of European nationality) on a Self-employment basis? i.e. sponsoring them but not be liable to provide them any of the benefits of an employment contract, like holiday pay, medical coverage, gratuity etc.

the work will be based on pay as you earn.

many thanks

Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 17:44
We've got a link to the labour law here on this section http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobindubai.aspx It's different for free zones and you can usually find the info on their websites. HTH
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 15:46
Thanks for this ladies, I didn't know. so are there any other sections in the employment contract that does not apply to Dubai (YET)? if you google "uae labour law" you will find a pdf of all of it - or alternative you can buy a copy in Magrudys.
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 15:41
Thanks for this ladies, I didn't know. so are there any other sections in the employment contract that does not apply to Dubai (YET)?
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:47
Medical and flight are not part of the labor law. Holidays and gratuity are There is supposed to be a ruling at present regarding medical in Dubai however it has not been passed yet. Oh, I thought Medical had to be included in an employment contract (section 5 medical coverage) and according to the Federal Labour Law! Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah are not a part of the Federal Judicial system.
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:36
Medical and flight are not part of the labor law. Holidays and gratuity are There is supposed to be a ruling at present regarding medical in Dubai however it has not been passed yet. Oh, I thought Medical had to be included in an employment contract (section 5 medical coverage) and according to the Federal Labour Law! Believe it or not it is not law in Dubai. Abu Dhabi yes however the National Newspaper reported that it may become law in the future
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:32
Medical and flight are not part of the labor law. Holidays and gratuity are There is supposed to be a ruling at present regarding medical in Dubai however it has not been passed yet. Oh, I thought Medical had to be included in an employment contract (section 5 medical coverage) and according to the Federal Labour Law!
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:24
Medical and flight are not part of the labor law. Holidays and gratuity are There is supposed to be a ruling at present regarding medical in Dubai however it has not been passed yet.
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:24
But surely lots of people are hired part time and don't get benefits? Half the jobs in the classified are like that! Hi Quinn10, this would be part time job as well as well (in the Freezone). Do you know what type of contract would be required? or where I can obtain this info from? thanks
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:17
But surely lots of people are hired part time and don't get benefits? Half the jobs in the classified are like that!
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 14:11
thanks ladies, would it be possible to have a notarised addendum to the employment contract instead? as this person will receive percentage of the capital earned and will really be classed as a co-worker as opposed to an employee.
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 13:47
Hello ladies, is it possible to have a contract with someone (of European nationality) on a Self-employment basis? i.e. sponsoring them but not be liable to provide them any of the benefits of an employment contract, like holiday pay, medical coverage, gratuity etc. the work will be based on pay as you earn. many thanks Unfortunately not. It is classed as illegal. Basic benefits must be included as part of a contract. I may be wrong howver Some ladies here will have more knowledge than I.
Latest post on 13 May 2013 - 13:26
No

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY