DS has cat allergy | ExpatWoman.com

DS has cat allergy

Latest post on 24 May 2013 - 21:57
Thanks all for the responses... I will be seeing his doctor on Sunday to discuss further Anyway, your points have enlightened me to know how to think about it..
Latest post on 24 May 2013 - 12:56
We're a family of cat allergy sufferer for the most part. Its a horrible thing to have. Yes there's medication to take but they don't take away all of the symptoms of the allergy. We just kind of stay away from cats which is really really difficult when you're granddaughter is desperate for a kitten to love. She just cant have one tho.
Latest post on 24 May 2013 - 12:18
My husband and eldest are both allergic and when we moved into our last villa it took weeks for their symptoms to stop - the previous tenant had had cats and we found hair everywhere, even on top of the fridge !!
Latest post on 24 May 2013 - 12:15
My sister has serious cat allergy. She was always advised to stay away from cats. It can be dangerous. Once she visited a friend's parents and felt itchy and sneezy over dinner, so asked about cats. They said their cat was always outside, no worries. She kept feeling itchy, had rash, runny nose, scratchy throat, tears. She woke in the middle of the night with difficulties with breathing, they needed to call the ambulance. Turned out the cat used to be allowed to that room... Please find somewhere else to stay. <em>edited by dentro on 24/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 24 May 2013 - 00:37
Exposure will build his amunity.......
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 22:51
Sorry read DH and not DS... Not sure on that one! Speak to your doctor is best advice :)
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 22:13
Are they safe for children ?
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 21:44
He could try taking an anti histamine pill that helps :)
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 21:38
Have noticed couple of times when we visit homes that has cats, he get red teary eyes and runny nose... and now I have to go stay with at someone's home who has 2 cats for few weeks. What can I do to help him? Find somewhere else to stay ??
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 21:27
Have noticed couple of times when we visit homes that has cats, he get red teary eyes and runny nose... and now I have to go stay with at someone's home who has 2 cats for few weeks. What can I do to help him?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY