Anybody been on holiday to China or Vietnam | ExpatWoman.com

Anybody been on holiday to China or Vietnam

Latest post on 31 May 2013 - 22:35

Any recommendations of where to go or travel guides to contact. Thanks

Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 18:13
We went to Hoi An in Vietnam and had an amazing time. It is gorgeous and the food was fresh and yummy!
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 16:40
Thank you so much for your feedback. Suzysun and pmd, thanks for your info on Vietnam, I will be travelling with my kids and would like to use a pre-booked guide. Thanks corrinad may well get back to you for contact advice. Thanks for the website TimTam, will check it out. Really useful to hear how complicated travelling could be hrt without any knowledge of Mandarin. It sounds like an amazing varied country to visit so thanks, Suzifee, I will investigate trip advisor and look for a guide and activities.
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 14:43
We did Vietnam with kids last year and loved it. We went to Ho Chi Minh, Mekong Delta, Danang and Hoi An. We used a guide for day trip in Ho Chi Minh, then we did a homestay in Mekong Delta through the same company. Private tour and overnight homestay was excellent and the house we stayed in was lovely. Owned by the co-owner of the company. http://www.comeandgovietnam.com <em>edited by TimTam on 01/06/2013</em>
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 13:34
China is a great holiday destination, but you need to decide what kind of China experience you want to have. You also have to be aware of the fact that travelling in China with no spoken Mandarin can be challenging, especially if you want to travel outside cities as Beijing and Shanghai. Great places to visit in China are: Beijing, to experience the temples, old hutong areas (still a few intact), Forbidden City and The Great Wall. Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors and the Great Mosque. Hangzhou is a beautiful city south of Shanghai with lakes and pagodas and is also famous for its tea. You travel to Chengdu if you are keen to see pandas. To experience some of the most beautiful scenery of China, you travel to Guilin and Yangshuo. I could possibly continue mentioning great places in China, but please have a look at: http://www.chinaodysseytours.com/
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 13:07
I've been to China, visiting Xian, Shanghai and Beijing. We booked the tour through our UK travel agent and loved all the history. It was a full on 10days of touring and sightseeing, but was a true experience. Tripadvisor.com is a good site for travellers recommendations.
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 11:43
I been to Vietnam..Myself and my husband traveled on the back of a motorbike with two locals from the south to the north. Took our time and it was amazing... something I would recommend to anyone and would love to do it again. We met an english couple on our first night in Saigon and they had just travelled from the North down and we sat with them for a few hours and they told us all about it. We were a bit unsure so the guys who owned the motorbikes suggested we spend a day with them around Saigon and see what we thought.. we did this and loved it. We set off the next day and enjoyed every minute of it. We paid them $30 per day, this paid for food accommodation and their fees. I still get emails from one of the drivers if you want their contact details...
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 11:31
I've been to Vietnam and traveled from Ho Chi Minh to Ha Noi, visiting many places in the middle. I really enjoyed Mui Ne, Hoi An and Ha Long Bay. I didn't use a guide while I was there.
Latest post on 01 June 2013 - 09:58
I've been to southern Vietnam and really enjoyed it. Done it all independently and only used anything organised when spent three days cycling around in the Mekong Delta which was a great way of getting off the beaten track and seeing small villages and no other tourists. We just booked with a local tour company after we arrived in Saigon. We also went to Da Lat, up in the Highlands which was a nice town and did some hiking and kayaking there. Went to the island of Phu Quoc which we thought was quite boring and over-rated. Keen to visit again and see the north.