Thank You EW for the recommendation for Creating Homes - home renovations: new kitchen, bathroom, floor tiling | ExpatWoman.com

Thank You EW for the recommendation for Creating Homes - home renovations: new kitchen, bathroom, floor tiling

Latest post on 12 June 2013 - 00:02

Dear Ladies, I posted on here several months ago enquiring about recommendation for home improvements. I met with several people that were recommended on EW and am pleased to say that I am completely delighted that I made the decision to go with Creating Homes - Ms Laura Vidal Beltram - http://www.creatinghomes.net.
Laura is a lovely Spanish lady; she was so helpful and understood exactly what I wanted and came up with ideas that none of the other contractors even thought of. I personally think that was the difference in dealing with a lady; so much more practical with fantastic attention to detail in my opinion. She also wasn't pushy unlike one of the companies I met with. This makes a huge difference too.
I initially only wanted a new kitchen but in the end proceeded with a complete renovation project with Creating Homes i.e new kitchen, floor tiling, new bathrooms and painting. Just decided to get it over and done with in one hit.
What really showed the professionalism in the end was Laura's attention to detail with regards to the snagging. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she went out of her way to get everything right and to ensure we were happy with the final result. This is very unusual in the UAE. The work was also finished ahead of schedule!
We had a really dark and drab kitchen and bathroom before; it's like living in a new house now.
I decided to post this to help others who may be considering home renovations; I believe Creating Homes undertake small and large projects.
Thank You EW for the recommendation.

Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:06
Whatever you do ladies, do not use Under One Roof for your kitchen! They're one of the biggest companies in Dubai for kitchen work, but i think the reason for their success is the British sales people. Unfortunately they lull you into a false sense of security. The workers and project managers are unprofessional and in many cases almost entirely unskilled. My husband ended up having to take, in total, over a week off work to do the management himself as the project manager simply wasn't present and capable. To give you a brief idea of their workmanship, we had to ask them to re-do the floor tiling twice, and the project manager himself admitted that it simply wasn't good enough. We were charged 1000aed for new electrical sockets (agreed that these would match the rest of our house) and in the end my husband and I had to go out after work to trawl around Satwa to find them ourselves as UoR said they 'were no longer available'. They were. And they only cost 500 aed. We were never refunded for having paid twice for them. Seriously, save yourselves the headache and stress and find someone else to do your kitchen!
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 17:09
We have just had our house renovated which included a small extension, new kitchen & bathrooms, flooring etc. We used a different chap who I bumped into in a tile shop! He was by far the best price, turned up on time (for 7 weeks) and has done a great job. I had to design all the tiling and sourced all the materials including tiles, bathrooms etc so it has been a full time job but I'm delighted with the outcome. If you put your email addresses up I'll email you his details but you are also welcome to look at whats he's done. I went for an ikea kitchen which Ikea fitted in under 2 days (excellent service), I've sourced the worktops separately and hoping they will be installed on Thursday. Hi Yolo! I am looking to do exactly the same as you did, I work full time though. Request if you could please share the details of your contractor at: [email protected] Thank you. Regards
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 09:25
Yolo??
Latest post on 06 January 2014 - 21:31
bump
Latest post on 06 January 2014 - 09:02
bump for Yolo
Latest post on 05 January 2014 - 21:08
Hi Yolo, do you mind passing on the details of the person you used to renovate your bathrooms as I dont need a full bathroom refit, just the bath/shower areas. TIA.
Latest post on 18 October 2013 - 15:02
Hi Yolo, where did you get your kitchen countertops? I am looking for some good quality wooden surfaces but not sure where to look
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 20:49
Hi scottishgal4 I've just sent you an email too!
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 18:48
Hi Fatimanoor I've just sent you an email. Hope it helps.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 14:54
We have just had our house renovated which included a small extension, new kitchen & bathrooms, flooring etc. We used a different chap who I bumped into in a tile shop! He was by far the best price, turned up on time (for 7 weeks) and has done a great job. I had to design all the tiling and sourced all the materials including tiles, bathrooms etc so it has been a full time job but I'm delighted with the outcome. If you put your email addresses up I'll email you his details but you are also welcome to look at whats he's done. I went for an ikea kitchen which Ikea fitted in under 2 days (excellent service), I've sourced the worktops separately and hoping they will be installed on Thursday.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 12:09
even i'd like to know how much the kitchen renovation cost... we're looking to get ours redone...
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 11:51
Hi Cara, I looked at their work and it looks great. If you don't mind could you tell me roughly how much the kitchen cost? We're also looking to change the bathrooms. Thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY