Overheard at McDonalds Summer 2013 | ExpatWoman.com

Overheard at McDonalds Summer 2013

Latest post on 18 June 2013 - 13:45

In Starbucks : " Can you do me that drink but with no syrup pls?" Answer " No Maaaam as it will not taste good! :-P

Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 14:13
Was having problems with our website domain. I call our provider (only 2 in the country...) and am told everything is fine with my server. Clearly it is not as its not working! Call about 25 more times throughout the week. Am then told to go to the customer service center. i get to the center and am told to call the hotline! The man at the desk literally picks up his phone and calls the hoteline for me! The hotline immediately tells me to go to the customer service center. I told her I am calling you from their landline, check your caller ID! she said NO go to the centre. I said I AM IN THE CENTER! This went back and forth for a long while!
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 19:36
the other week: Calling a Dr: Me: Hello, I'd like to make an appointment for 3.15pm please Him: Oh there's no appointments here, you just walk in Me: Oh. It's just that I only have a small window of opportunity and can only come at 3.15pm exactly so if there won't be a Dr available I won't bother coming today. Him: Can't tell if there will or there won't be. You'd have to just come and see at the time. Me: oh, ok. I'll do that then. <Find Parking space in difficult zone. Walk to Dr surgery. Drip sweat profusely. Enter Surgery at 3.15pm precisely> Me: (entering reception - no patients) - Hello, did I speak to you earlier, about the 3.15pm appointment with the Dr Him: Yes Maa'm - just fill this form up <time passes - form is filled up> Me: Err, the form is filled up, is it possible to see the Dr now then? Him: Yes if you can just wait for a while Me: A while? <shouting in head DEFINE A WHILE?!> - can I ask how long you think it will be as I mentioned on the phone I don't have long Him: Actually Maa'm the Dr goes for lunch at this time. Maybe he'll be back in half an hour or more. Me: <looking around for blunt object> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHH
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 19:27
At a Fast Food place (i know, i know). Me: 2 XYZ burgers, just the sandwiches, and an apple juice please Her: 2 XYZ meals with an orange juice? Me: No, not meals, just the 2 x XYZ sandwiches with an apple juice Her: So which drinks would you like with the meals? Me: I don't want the meals, just the 2 x sandwiches and an apple juice please Her: So just the sandwiches? With an orange juice? Me: APPLE!! APPLE!! APPLEJUICE! Her: aaah apple juice. <5 minute pause> <receive bag> <open bag> <sigh> <succumb to orange juice>
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 11:43
Yesterday visiting a salon: Me: hello, do you have anyone free to do a foot massage just now? Her: Yes maam Me: Great! Her: Ok mam but my massage person is in Pakistan Me: Pakistan? Her: Yes maam Me: So, I think that means she is probably not able to do a foot massage just now then? Her: Yes maam. :confused: :idea: :cry:
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 15:37
Moving into a new apartment sooner, so was just checking with the neighbour who stays in the floor below. We have taken similar sized apartment as theirs. Me: Do you have any idea what is the size of the apartment? Her: Its as big as mine. Me: I wanted to know the area. I have seen the place but forgot to ask the size of the apartment. Her: Exactly the same as mine, just checked with the security. :confused:
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 17:35
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! Maybe she felt no amount of pay was worth it. Ah, no I just think she didn't understand the concept that "the customer is always right", especially a Premier Card customer No, that prehistoric concept has been obliterated a long time ago. People know better these days.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 17:31
Entering Mushriff park early morning.. Park person (woman): AED20 for entrance inside the car, i got hold of my wallet to pay her then ... Park person (woman): No, let your husband pay. Women don't pay.. my DH turned red as his money was also with me. so he had no choice but to say he had no money.. DH: Sorry madam but my money is with my wife (while blushing) Park person (woman) to me: oh, very good husband! ..i have given her the aed20 in the end while DH looked for our parking inside quietly. :biggrin:
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 08:38
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! You need major help. Like major major. And you have children my God. Think about your children and get some help. Ignore, ignore, ignore.... Either a wind up merchant, admin trying to liven things up, or someone with a brick short - whichever it is they can only continue as long as we respond !! lol Or - can't argue with stupid.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 07:41
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! You need major help. Like major major. And you have children my God. Think about your children and get some help. Ignore, ignore, ignore.... [b'>Either a wind up merchant, admin trying to liven things up, or someone with a brick short -[/b'> whichever it is they can only continue as long as we respond !! lol Good detective skills there... I wish I remembered something to share on this thread... but my memory is so poor... now that I know this thread exists will remember next time something interesting happens...!
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 00:04
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! You need major help. Like major major. And you have children my God. Think about your children and get some help. Ignore, ignore, ignore.... Either a wind up merchant, admin trying to liven things up, or someone with a brick short - whichever it is they can only continue as long as we respond !! lol
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 23:58
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! You need major help. Like major major. And you have children my God. Think about your children and get some help. What kind of help? :thinking:
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 23:57
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! Maybe she felt no amount of pay was worth it. Ah, no I just think she didn't understand the concept that "the customer is always right", especially a Premier Card customer
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 23:55
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! You need major help. Like major major. And you have children my God. Think about your children and get some help.
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 22:52
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary! Maybe she felt no amount of pay was worth it.
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 22:08
A British Airways gate agent once told me " This would be a great job if it weren't for passengers like you!" Not understanding that "passengers like me!" pay her meager salary!
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 10:20
Me: are these products tested on animals? Sales Assistant: of course!!! (with a huge smile) .....
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 15:07
- yes maa'm. Like no A, No I.. No U.. No E.. No O.. - Yes, got it - but any other letter we can do maaaa'm just no vowels Seriously? LOL Must be a Polish run store sorry, that was a bad one !
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 15:00
On my way to a medical appointment: Phone rings Hello ma'am - can we change your appointment time to an hour later? That is not convenient as it am on the way to you and have another commitment later that I cannot move. But the doctor is not available to take your appointment. Well I cannot take the later time as I will not be available. Can we move the appointment to another day when we will both be available. Yes ma'am, that is possible. Arranged a new date and time - lovely, until.... Sorry ma'am I will have to charge you AED 200 cancellation fee for today! Genius. I've got to ask, did you pay it? :biggrin: Mine is nowhere near as funny as all these but a bloke who came to 'fix' our AC asked me if I had an empty bucket of water he could use...
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 14:04
on the phone to medical insurance helpline (and I use the word 'helpline' in the loosest possible way) me: hello I'd like to query claim number 1234, I don't understand the deduction and remarks. helpline (after much toing and froing trying to read the remarks I've queried): can you please send me a scanned copy of the claim? me: but I've just received it from you, so you must already have it. helpline: yes but we need you to send a copy again, so that it's come from you me: can I not just send you an email with the claim number? helpline: I can see your claim because it is on our system, but I still need you to scan the same and email it back to me.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 20:51
On my way to a medical appointment: Phone rings Hello ma'am - can we change your appointment time to an hour later? That is not convenient as it am on the way to you and have another commitment later that I cannot move. But the doctor is not available to take your appointment. Well I cannot take the later time as I will not be available. Can we move the appointment to another day when we will both be available. Yes ma'am, that is possible. Arranged a new date and time - lovely, until.... Sorry ma'am I will have to charge you AED 200 cancellation fee for today! Genius.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 18:04
I swear, I have more than the average amount of these conversations on a daily basis! Calling a sports store. - Hello, I'd like to know if you do printing of a name on the back of a sports shirt - yes maa'm we do - great, so how do I go about it - pick the shirt maa'm then we can do the printing - great. i'll do that. - but maa'm there is one problem. We don't have vowels maa'm. - No vowels? - yes maa'm. Like no A, No I.. No U.. No E.. No O.. - Yes, got it - but any other letter we can do maaaa'm just no vowels Seriously? LOL
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 15:14
Trying to organise a car lift for our Admin Assistant is proving a challenge but one phone call went like ths and I am still confused: Me: Can you help me with a car lift from Al Qoz to DIFC please Him: Yes, I can help Me: do you have a service from Al Qoz to DIFC Him: I dont understand you Me: from Al Qoz to Emirates Towers Metro Him: Sorry I dont understand your language Me: English Him: yes English I dont understand Me: really? Him: yes, I really dont understand your language Me: You are speaking to me in my language, English? Him: yes, I speak English but I dont understand Me: (silence) Him: are you there Me: yes Him: you want to go to SZR Me: yes Him: I dont understand your language Me: ok, thank you Him: Have a nice day madam. Best one I heard in ages!!!! :0)
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 12:49
Hilarious! :)
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 11:02
Trying to organise a car lift for our Admin Assistant is proving a challenge but one phone call went like ths and I am still confused: Me: Can you help me with a car lift from Al Qoz to DIFC please Him: Yes, I can help Me: do you have a service from Al Qoz to DIFC Him: I dont understand you Me: from Al Qoz to Emirates Towers Metro Him: Sorry I dont understand your language Me: English Him: yes English I dont understand Me: really? Him: yes, I really dont understand your language Me: You are speaking to me in my language, English? Him: yes, I speak English but I dont understand Me: (silence) Him: are you there Me: yes Him: you want to go to SZR Me: yes Him: I dont understand your language Me: ok, thank you Him: Have a nice day madam.
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 08:37
Taxi cut me up and hit my car so went to police station. Taxi driver tried to claim it was my fault as i saw him..... Policeman told him he had no brains (in arabic - lessons paying off i guess) and gave him a ticket!!!
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 08:36
Aramex sent an sms for me to go online and book a delivery slot - i chose 12 - 3 pm. 3.10 my phone rings: Aramex man: mam what building are you in? Me: i have left Aramex man: but you have a dlievery from Aramex? Me: What time was the slot for? Aramex: 12 - 3 pm mam Me: I have left - its after 3pm Aramex: but it's only 3.10 pm mam 4 pm phone rings Aramex man: Mam where are you? repeat above...
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 12:07
Just called up the staff canteen Izzy: Do you have diet coke? Server: No ma'am Izzy: What do you have? Server: Biyriani Oh well - will have a can of that!!!! Hahahaha with a straw!
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 12:07
Just called up the staff canteen Izzy: Do you have diet coke? Server: No ma'am Izzy: What do you have? Server: Biyriani Oh well - will have a can of that!!!! Hahahaha with a straw!
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 11:39
Just called up the staff canteen Izzy: Do you have diet coke? Server: No ma'am Izzy: What do you have? Server: Biyriani Oh well - will have a can of that!!!!
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 16:04
I just did a mystery shop in a salon and forgot the receipt so I rang them this is how it went: "I called yesterday, you said you would email me my receipt?" "What would you like to book ma'am?" "No I need my RECEIPT please, you said you can email it to me?" "Re...ceipt...? Uhh let me get someone ma'am.....hello ma'am? Yes what would you like to book?" "No I need my receipt emailed please! Can I just speak to your manager please?" "I am the manager ma'am" "What is your name ma'am? Ohh you need receipt!!!!" I send you in 10 minutes (abruptly hung up) 5 minutes later she rang back "Oh ma'am haha I need your email!" Spelt my email out 4 times for her..finally thought she got it...she says "ok I send you email" No email 30 minutes later, rang them... "I send you email ma'am but not working!" "Have you spelt it right?" "Yes ma'am!" "Are you sure? It's my surname which is on the system..with 25 after...." "Ok I resend ma'am"hung up again abruptly.. Called back 10mins later "Oh hehehe we see we put a d in your name! I resend ma'am" "Yes I did spell it for you 4 times...." 5 min later I received email no attachment...so I had to travel 30minutes TO the store to go get it!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY