Coffee shops and restaurants open in Ramadan? | ExpatWoman.com

Coffee shops and restaurants open in Ramadan?

Latest post on 04 July 2013 - 14:20

Hi,

Does anyone know which places are going to be open during Ramadan this year?

Thank you :-)

Latest post on 18 July 2013 - 09:30
The Links restaurant at the Academy at the Montgomerie in Emirates Hills is open for soft drinks and meals from 11.00am. <em>edited by simpleasabc on 18/07/2013</em>
Latest post on 18 July 2013 - 09:21
Dubai Marriott Hotel and Suites, Dubai Marina - AZ.U.R open for breakfast 6 am till 11 and drinks till 12 noon, the observatory open for lunch 12.30 till 3 great deals available 2 or 3 courses set price including soft drinks and tea/coffee as well as normal lunchtime meals and snacks. Mistral at IBN battuta Gate open all day for meals and coffees etc.
Latest post on 18 July 2013 - 08:46
Any more updates on this list?? Let's keep it fresh!
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 10:00
One of the main lists has been released: http://foodiva.net/2013/07/where-can-i-lunch-over-ramadan-in-dubai-oh-and-breakfast-too-please/?lang=en
Latest post on 08 July 2013 - 12:13
I have a guest coming into town for a few days...any suggestions on what to do during the day? I am sure that we will be doing Iftar and loads of shisa in the evenings, but as for the days...I am at a loss (besides the usual: shopping ect) Any help would be much appreciated :)
Latest post on 07 July 2013 - 18:12
Hi, Does anyone know which places are going to be open during Ramadan this year? Thank you :-) There is a gourmet bakeshop in Barsha near Emirates Mall that will open for pick up and delivery. Food is very nice... they also have sandwiches, salads and baked cakes. I believe they will also have Ramadan foods as well. Worth looking into..... for those who need to eat during day... ;-) My favorite is the smoked salmon quiche. their number is ... 043850011 or look them up in FB OusheGourmetBakeshop
Latest post on 07 July 2013 - 14:51
The curtains are up already at the DIFC so it looks like most of the coffee shops and restaurants will be open again this year. FYI if you're looking for options.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 21:06
Thanks for the list. It will help planning activities for our kids and house guests!!!
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 19:18
toots wrote: Would appreciate the list too! 3 kids here during Ramadan is torture. Just to clarify ladies, I WAS not referring to Ramadan as torture. I was referring to having 3 young kids cooped up at home in this heat, without the option of going out in daylight seeing that there is no food or drink available/legally consumable - as torture. That torture is personal, for ME as a mom. Might not be for you, but for me yes, cooped up in a house with 3 bored children for weeks is torture. Sure, nothing compared to watching your starving child die of course, but what the hey, indulge me the melodrama. Do appreciate the little lectures on meaning of Ramadan but highly unnecessary as I grew up & am a citizen of a Muslim country. Did not mean mean any disrespect or to offend, I just wanted to know where I could go during the day. Perhaps I should have worded it differently but TBH didn't realise there were so many on here so ready to pounce and bite. Apologies and for those who celebrate, have a Blessed Ramadan.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 18:10
Last year Time Out had a list of daytime places to eat, ,they have not published one for this year yet but it will probably be similar. [url=http://www.timeoutdubai.com/gallery/34025-24-daytime-eats-in-dubai?image=1#.UdbQu_k9Ei4'>link[/url'> Last years list on here of places found to be open, likely to be open this year Thyme restaurant in Oasis towers, JBR St Maxims in MOE KGrill upstairs in the Kempinski hotel Cafe More in Gold and Diamond Park Costa Coffee on the shoreline, Palm Shakespeare cafe in Souk Bahar Lots of cafes in DIFC and Media/Internet City Costa Coffee in Souk Madinat Marine Beach Club Arabian Ranches Golf Club Bistro Madeleine in the Intercontinental FCC Bidi Bondi in The Shoreline Apartments Kidzania -a curtained off area to eat next to Pizza Express Ember restaurant Address Hotel Dubai Mall LTC Al Quoz Dubai Medical Centre cafe Dubai Mall
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 17:35
Places that arent open for sitting down are usually available for take aways. The government gave business owners the option to pay for an extra ramadan permit this year to do take aways. Many more business will take this option this year in order not to lose profit since the rent keeps going up. Guess we will see lots of families hiding out in their cars eating take aways. Lol! As far as I know eating in your car amounts to eating in public as well. Not sure it's recommended as an ok thing to do in Ramadan. Its not recommended but if your hungry+thirsty and far from home what other option do you have? To my knowledge the only options are to find a place where you can eat in or go home. Eating in public can result in problems for adults at least.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 16:10
Places that arent open for sitting down are usually available for take aways. The government gave business owners the option to pay for an extra ramadan permit this year to do take aways. Many more business will take this option this year in order not to lose profit since the rent keeps going up. Guess we will see lots of families hiding out in their cars eating take aways. Lol! As far as I know eating in your car amounts to eating in public as well. Not sure it's recommended as an ok thing to do in Ramadan. Its not recommended but if your hungry+thirsty and far from home what other option do you have?
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 15:11
Most of the places in Internet/Media City have been open in previous years. I remember years ago when we always had Ramadan lunches at Hard Rock Cafe!
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 14:47
Places that arent open for sitting down are usually available for take aways. The government gave business owners the option to pay for an extra ramadan permit this year to do take aways. Many more business will take this option this year in order not to lose profit since the rent keeps going up. Guess we will see lots of families hiding out in their cars eating take aways. Lol! As far as I know eating in your car amounts to eating in public as well. Not sure it's recommended as an ok thing to do in Ramadan.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 11:18
Everywhere in DIFC will be open (based on previous years anyway)
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 07:29
Urban Bistro in Media City will be open.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 07:11
Places that arent open for sitting down are usually available for take aways. The government gave business owners the option to pay for an extra ramadan permit this year to do take aways. Many more business will take this option this year in order not to lose profit since the rent keeps going up. Guess we will see lots of families hiding out in their cars eating take aways. Lol!
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 07:00
The Golf Club at Arabian Ranches is usually open too.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 06:49
Lime tree in al quoz near Times Square is open. Rest are closed.
Latest post on 05 July 2013 - 06:47
Time Out has a list in this weeks edition but only 10 places and some are a bit out of the way - Bistro Madeleine, Intercon Dubai Festival City. More Cafe, Gold and Diamond Park. Thyme, Oasis Beach Tower, Dubai Marina La Petite Maison, DIFC (last year all the restaurants were open in DIFC) Sino Chai, Heathcare City The Burger Joint, Atlantis Sushi Counter, Dubai Media City Wox, Grand Hyatt Hotel Hofbrauhaus, JW Marriott, Deira Asha, Wafi All big hotels will have somewhere screened off too, even The Kempinski at MoE
Latest post on 04 July 2013 - 14:37
Thank you :-)
Latest post on 04 July 2013 - 14:26
As soon as the list is completed I will add the link on here for you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY