Going to Ko Samui - Bo Phut or Lamai Beach? | ExpatWoman.com

Going to Ko Samui - Bo Phut or Lamai Beach?

Latest post on 06 July 2013 - 01:01

Hi ladies - I'm going to Ko Samui later this month with DH and DD1 and DD2 - our daughters are only 2.5 years and 5 months old. We have decided not to stay in Chaweng as it's too crowded/hectic now from what I understand. So we're looking at either BoPhut or Lamai - I keep reading conflicting reviews though - which one has the better beaches? And do both areas have plenty of local restaurants etc as we do not want to end up having to have all our meals in the hotel. As for hotels, at present we're looking at either Anantara or Bandara on BoPhut or then the Renaissance in Lamai. Any personal experiences with any of these hotels or any other family friendly hotels you can recommend? Fisherman's village sounds lovely so would love to be close to that if we end up in BoPhut. Also, my dad might join us for a few days and he's 75 and cannot walk TOO much so we don't want to end up in a large resort that requires a great deal of walking! Help! :)

Latest post on 08 July 2013 - 20:14
Well we've gone ahead and booked the Renaissance at Lamai beach - I hope it's a nice beach down there and not too remote (of course the entire island is so small that I guess nothing's TOO far away in the end)!
Latest post on 07 July 2013 - 16:01
Thanks Taffyduck - unfortunately Anantara Bophut is fully booked for those dates and now it seems like Anantara Lawana may be a little far from Fisherman's Village. Now considering Lamai... Seriously it is not that far at all, (it is a taxi journey) but I wouldn't recommend the hotel with kids - the beach is not very nice and the pool is more adult I guess you could say. <em>edited by pollydxb1 on 07/07/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 July 2013 - 15:10
Thanks Taffyduck - unfortunately Anantara Bophut is fully booked for those dates and now it seems like Anantara Lawana may be a little far from Fisherman's Village. Now considering Lamai...
Latest post on 07 July 2013 - 09:10
We stayed at the Anantara in Bophut, unfortunately I can't comment on things for children though as we were only adults. The position of the Anantara was perfect as you walk to the hotel beach, nip around the fence and your at the start of Fishermans Village so plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel was good but is showing a few signs of age now e.g a few cracks in the tiles but the place and room was clean and the small imprerfections didn't bother us at all.
Latest post on 06 July 2013 - 17:09
Bump

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY