Maxi dresses | ExpatWoman.com

Maxi dresses

Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 14:05

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a nice Maxi Dress for a reasonable price in Dubai? Or any good Souqs for shopping at decent prices. Thanks

Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 14:50
Try Namshi.com I have recently placed 3 different orders and all 3 have been good. I am happy. they did next business day delivery and also as per my timing ( i am regular online shopper and must say not many courier people actually acknowledge the time you specify but so far namshi has been good) i have bought brands which we usually get in malls like veromoda, dorothy perkins and mango... so had no issue with quality. It has been a good experience overall so far, if you would like to try you may and here is a discount code for your first time purchase 10% off all items if you apply the coupon code RFL6KI4
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 18:16
FYI - both the maxi skirts and dresses from Mango are really long and I mean, cut for someone who is about 5'9"+ I'd say debenhams have a good selection. Mainly short sleeves though ASOS is always worth a look. I found an amazing shop in Qatar that literally sold nothing but maxi skirts and long sleeve tops, in about every colour under the sun - heaven! I cannot for the life of me find thin jersey long sleeve tops here that are small enough :( Last time I went to London (June) the trend for hijabi girls seemed to be turbans - looked quite fresh, never seen it here really! TBH if you're travelling I would buy in Europe - summer sales still on. Will be so much cheaper than here
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 14:38
Mango has a local site now and delivers within 2 days, free of charge if you sound over 500dhs. I have a package arriving today which I've ordered on Tuesday night, and based on past purchases, they are always very efficient! They had loads of maxi dresses and maxi skirts when the sale started, but you can still find a few more! http://shop.mango.com/AE/mango What will happen if you need to return an item? Wrong size or faulty item? There is a CS page on the website with returns etc on it You need to return or exchange it, in the store! I've done it before and have had NO problems, just take your packing invoice with you!
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 14:36
Mango has a local site now and delivers within 2 days, free of charge if you sound over 500dhs. I have a package arriving today which I've ordered on Tuesday night, and based on past purchases, they are always very efficient! They had loads of maxi dresses and maxi skirts when the sale started, but you can still find a few more! http://shop.mango.com/AE/mango What will happen if you need to return an item? Wrong size or faulty item? There is a CS page on the website with returns etc on it
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 14:35
Mango has a local site now and delivers within 2 days, free of charge if you sound over 500dhs. I have a package arriving today which I've ordered on Tuesday night, and based on past purchases, they are always very efficient! They had loads of maxi dresses and maxi skirts when the sale started, but you can still find a few more! http://shop.mango.com/AE/mango What will happen if you need to return an item? Wrong size or faulty item?
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 14:25
Mango has a local site now and delivers within 2 days, free of charge if you sound over 500dhs. I have a package arriving today which I've ordered on Tuesday night, and based on past purchases, they are always very efficient! They had loads of maxi dresses and maxi skirts when the sale started, but you can still find a few more! http://shop.mango.com/AE/mango
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 10:05
Yes sarahlou123, the Euro really messed things u. The prices remained the same they just changed the previous currency sign to the euro and so things became almost double the price.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:56
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more. Clothing wise UK is way more cheaper than here. All the clothes I buy from the UK cost at least 30% more here and the UK sales are way cheaper Case in point I bought a dress from Oasis UK online AED56 here it is over AED500???? That's why I said in the UK the local UK brands will probably be cheaper. my money evaporates regardless ;-) looooooool. But really go to Holland and see what expensive is. It's crazy. I lived in Germany so I know. I saw a huge difference when the DM changed to the Euro but we were tax free back then also and could claim it back
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:55
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more. Clothing wise UK is way more cheaper than here. All the clothes I buy from the UK cost at least 30% more here and the UK sales are way cheaper Case in point I bought a dress from Oasis UK online AED56 here it is over AED500???? That's why I said in the UK the local UK brands will probably be cheaper. my money evaporates regardless ;-) looooooool. But really go to Holland and see what expensive is. It's crazy.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:55
I think it really depends which currency you are paid in and deal with. I have been to the UK and I have also been to Europe many times and I find everything so much more expensive than here. I would never think that I could go to the UK or Germany for example and get bargains! Yet many women on here talk about how affordable things in the UK are. Sorry, but as a tourist, I did not see that. Anyway, I am going to Europe soon and will see for myself if things are really much cheaper over there.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:54
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more. Clothing wise UK is way more cheaper than here. All the clothes I buy from the UK cost at least 30% more here and the UK sales are way cheaper Case in point I bought a dress from Oasis UK online AED56 here it is over AED500???? That's why I said in the UK the local UK brands will probably be cheaper. my money evaporates regardless ;-)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:51
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more. Clothing wise UK is way more cheaper than here. All the clothes I buy from the UK cost at least 30% more here and the UK sales are way cheaper Case in point I bought a dress from Oasis UK online AED56 here it is over AED500???? That's why I said in the UK the local UK brands will probably be cheaper.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:44
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more. Clothing wise UK is way more cheaper than here. All the clothes I buy from the UK cost at least 30% more here and the UK sales are way cheaper Case in point I bought a dress from Oasis UK online AED56 here it is over AED500????
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:38
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on I just came back from Holland and it's waaaaay more expensive there than it is here. Euro countries are very expensive and most brands here are cheaper for me. Even in UK I found it expensive. Maybe not the local UK brands but in general my money evaporated from my hands. Here I can buy a lot more.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:34
New look has a good selection of maxi dresses, not expensive, most below 200dhs. Not all stores carry the same stock though so may have to visit a couple. I find they quality of NL is awful I have bought several dresses from there and they have ended up looking like dish rags after a few washes and had holes in them? [b'>strange I know[/b'> Not really - i wouldn't say that New Look was a quality brand - i always think of their clothes as wear once and bin
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:33
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here. All of Dubai is expensive for clothes. They say shopping is tax free? Yea right 30% added on
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:32
New look has a good selection of maxi dresses, not expensive, most below 200dhs. Not all stores carry the same stock though so may have to visit a couple. I find they quality of NL is awful I have bought several dresses from there and they have ended up looking like dish rags after a few washes and had holes in them? strange I know
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 08:17
New look has a good selection of maxi dresses, not expensive, most below 200dhs. Not all stores carry the same stock though so may have to visit a couple.
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 23:38
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou Just cant understand why maxi dresses are so expensive here.
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 13:57
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a nice Maxi Dress for a reasonable price in Dubai? Or any good Souqs for shopping at decent prices. Thanks I like maxi dresses too. I went to London early this year and bought a couple of maxi dresses during the sale from River Island. It was very resonable. If you do go to London try buying some from there. All the UK sales are also on so great time to bag a bargain!
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 13:43
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a nice Maxi Dress for a reasonable price in Dubai? Or any good Souqs for shopping at decent prices. Thanks I like maxi dresses too. I went to London early this year and bought a couple of maxi dresses during the sale from River Island. It was very resonable. If you do go to London try buying some from there.
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 00:12
Ok Im back from shopping in IBN Battuta mall. I found a gorgeous Maxi dress that jumped at me straight away but i wasnt sure because it was 365 dirham! and im not working BUT after trying on other dresses I just knew it was the one for me....for now. Soooo I bought it! Yikes. But I love it :) I asked my BF to take me out over the weekend just so I can wear it. Who cares if im on crutches im sicka hiding away. Thanks for all your suggestions. :) Lou
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 18:12
welcome back Mother Inferior!! I hope life is treating you well. :) Hello! All good here - busy busy - so much for summer slow down! get most of my Maxi's from Monsoon by the way, and Gap tend to have one or two styles in at a time too - I live in 'em too :)
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:49
You could also go to Koton or Promod for the undershirts....they're very thin, not turtlenecks. Then you have the option to wear it with or without the jacket, and you'll still be cool. Ok that would be a great idea. I am going to go to these stores to see these undershirts. Then I could wear any maxi dress. You will end up catching me up on the amount of dresses :-)
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:34
welcome back Mother Inferior!! I hope life is treating you well. :)
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:33
You could also go to Koton or Promod for the undershirts....they're very thin, not turtlenecks. Then you have the option to wear it with or without the jacket, and you'll still be cool. Ok that would be a great idea. I am going to go to these stores to see these undershirts. Then I could wear any maxi dress.
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:32
AnonDubai, if you see anything you like online, you could have it custom made for your requirements. I had one made at Coventry Tailors in Satwa. Hi Sakhifa! I have tried to have stuff made before but I can't choose the fabric correctly and I have wasted so much money getting things made that were no good.
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:26
You could also go to Koton or Promod for the undershirts....they're very thin, not turtlenecks. Then you have the option to wear it with or without the jacket, and you'll still be cool. I wear a bandeau top underneath the low cut ones I suppose you would know it as a boob tube but it covers from top of breasts to stomach under the dress I have them in various colours and bought them from Mango/Zara Vest tops do the same trick I should of said that before Anon
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:11
You could also go to Koton or Promod for the undershirts....they're very thin, not turtlenecks. Then you have the option to wear it with or without the jacket, and you'll still be cool.
Latest post on 09 July 2013 - 16:07
AnonDubai, if you see anything you like online, you could have it custom made for your requirements. I had one made at Coventry Tailors in Satwa.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY