baby eczema | ExpatWoman.com

baby eczema

Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 22:27
thank you SA_babe. i did use cetaphil lotion for his body once daily particularly in the night. he was out today in the evening playing with his dad and his cheek is completely red now, but no itching. after applying some cold water it became less hot and red. might get better in the morning.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 21:26
DD also had mild eczema in the first six months but it seems to have thankfully cleared out now. We used Stellatopia as well which is great and applied it around 3/4 times a day. Was using purex detergent but changed it to Pigeon. For bath we were using Mustella but changed it to Aleva which is herbal and all helped in clearing it up.
Latest post on 11 July 2013 - 09:43
Hi Mustella is a great product ! it might not feel very thick and emollient but the mustella stellatopia range is perfect for dry skin another good product my dr advised was cetaphil - you can get it an any pharmacy If however the eczema is not leaving you might need something like cutivate (.05% hydrocortisone) or locoid - 1% I was hesitant about using creams with cortisone but - you really just need to use a very little amount for it to be effective and very quickly makes your child feel better we took the cautious method - and the area just ended up getting a secondary infection from her scratching it and we ended needed antibiotics to clear it up so now when we notice her reacting to something we just put cutivate cream on the affected area and fenistildrops (antihistamine) and in no time she is sorted out btwMy daughter has excessive eczema and allergies - i tried changing detergents , restricting certain type foods etc but dr loubser (a highly recommended allergist and immunologist ) says we should use non-bio washing powder (like purex) and just continually moisturise the area
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 22:57
thanks kooky. i did read old posts here and find shea butter better then any cream. i will give it a try. i am already using coconut oil, might be because of that his eczema is under control so far. (touch wood) :)
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 16:06
I had a great result from whipped shay butter with argan oil which I got from the RIPE shop. Its quite thick but really helped. DD has just turned 2 and seems to have grown out of it, but I had alot of improvement with that cream before now.
Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 13:16
which is a good emolient cream? my 14 month old has very light eczema on one cheek from past 2 months. i took him to doctor and he said to apply stelatopia "mustella" 10-12 times a day. i am applying 4-5 times a day (which he doesnt like) but still its there. he has excessive dry skin and i used bioderma face cream on him since birth as it was the most oily i could find. he is allergic to johnson's products. when he is out it becomes too red and his cheeks look flushed. if he is completely indoors it becomes a light patch. should i take him to other doctor? i am trying not to expose him to excessive temperatures to worsen it. ours is non smoking and pet free home. 2 months back i stopped using grobag and transitioned him to blanket. i thought it might have caused the allergy as he likes to cuddle his blanket so i changed that too but still its there. i have been using same detergent since birth.it doesnt seem itchy as i have never seen him itching even when its too red. the only factor remains is pool. he loves swimming and water :) be it pool or beach or bath tub. in one of the pharmacy a salesgirl suggested evans cream ( i think it was this name) which was same as mustella but couldnt suggest any emollient cream.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY