What is the purpose of your life? | ExpatWoman.com

What is the purpose of your life?

Latest post on 10 July 2013 - 23:00

Is it just raising kids? House chores? Clean bed sheets? Stable career? Did God just create us for all this? Or there is more.. What do you guys say?

Latest post on 14 July 2013 - 18:54
The purpose of life is to LIVE it!!! Experience as much as you can, love, pain, happiness, sadness. Travel, see the world, experience different things. I want to leave this earth looking like I lived my life and had a great time doing it. edited by FairyDust on 14/07/2013 I was with a friend today who only has months to live.... She is amazing and wants everyone to carry on as normal no tears no feeling sorry for her. She says she has done her job here ,been wife mother and Grandmother and had a h3ll of a time doing it.When the time comes she says she is ready BUT won't have any regrets. It has really brought home to me the importance of living life in the here and now. Very sorry to hear that Nomad. But at least she has a really good outlook on things and feels she's achieved the things she wanted to. So true FD ,lessons learned I think.......has really made me re adjust my thinking. I am one of those who would put aside the whimsical side of my nature and concentrate on the nuts and bolts of life. Be warned the Hippie granny with the headband ,Birkenstocks and flowers in her hair is me ;) !!
Latest post on 14 July 2013 - 09:17
The purpose of life is to LIVE it!!! Experience as much as you can, love, pain, happiness, sadness. Travel, see the world, experience different things. I want to leave this earth looking like I lived my life and had a great time doing it. edited by FairyDust on 14/07/2013 I was with a friend today who only has months to live.... She is amazing and wants everyone to carry on as normal no tears no feeling sorry for her. She says she has done her job here ,been wife mother and Grandmother and had a h3ll of a time doing it.When the time comes she says she is ready BUT won't have any regrets. It has really brought home to me the importance of living life in the here and now. Very sorry to hear that Nomad. But at least she has a really good outlook on things and feels she's achieved the things she wanted to.
Latest post on 14 July 2013 - 08:36
The purpose of life is to LIVE it!!! Experience as much as you can, love, pain, happiness, sadness. Travel, see the world, experience different things. I want to leave this earth looking like I lived my life and had a great time doing it. edited by FairyDust on 14/07/2013 I was with a friend today who only has months to live.... She is amazing and wants everyone to carry on as normal no tears no feeling sorry for her. She says she has done her job here ,been wife mother and Grandmother and had a h3ll of a time doing it.When the time comes she says she is ready BUT won't have any regrets. It has really brought home to me the importance of living life in the here and now.
Latest post on 14 July 2013 - 07:24
The purpose of life is to LIVE it!!! Experience as much as you can, love, pain, happiness, sadness. Travel, see the world, experience different things. I want to leave this earth looking like I lived my life and had a great time doing it. <em>edited by FairyDust on 14/07/2013</em>
Latest post on 14 July 2013 - 02:25
I would say that as important as it is to ensure the happiness, wellbeing and growth of your family, it is equally important not to lose sight of the fact that you are still a person in your own right and that before you had your children, you and your DH were a couple. The best advice I had from my parents was just that. My DH and I have always had separate and joint interests as a couple minus the children right through both of our children's early years as well as enjoying regular family time and now that our children are adults and lead their own lives, we continue to enjoy our lives as a retired couple. We know many couples who have dedicated their entire lives to their children to the point of neglecting each other and now have little in common with each other now that the children have left home. That is very sad in my opinion and completely avoidable. Today, we have a brilliant relationship with both of our children who are now in their 30s.
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 21:47
To provide a loving, happy and stable life for my children complete opposite to what i had. x Good one :)
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 15:50
To provide a loving, happy and stable life for my children complete opposite to what i had. x
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 15:43
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai? Sharjah. I wish it was that easy Mrsb - life is certainly not what I imagined when I moved to the Gulf some 5 years ago. I hear and see everyone around me having a wonderful time but DH bullying, DDs having a go at me or totally disrespecting me is....well, I can imagine some ladies here (albeit under differing circumstances) can relate to.....I am really trying to bring myself back to how I was some 8 years ago, strong, confident, happy - not any more and feel I just have to live with it. Would be nice to talk to someone though who has the same, or relatively same, feeling of self doubt and worthlessness :-) will keep the chin up though!! :-) Alain Girl, perhaps after Ramadan, you would like to meet up for coffee, a chat and a smile? We have recently moved our home to Al Ain, but I am often in Sharjah as we have friends there. Just a thought ... Count me in please..
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 14:51
To help my family through their lives. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else matters really. I like this, a lot.
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 14:01
To help my family through their lives. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else matters really.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 12:03
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai? Sharjah. I wish it was that easy Mrsb - life is certainly not what I imagined when I moved to the Gulf some 5 years ago. I hear and see everyone around me having a wonderful time but DH bullying, DDs having a go at me or totally disrespecting me is....well, I can imagine some ladies here (albeit under differing circumstances) can relate to.....I am really trying to bring myself back to how I was some 8 years ago, strong, confident, happy - not any more and feel I just have to live with it. Would be nice to talk to someone though who has the same, or relatively same, feeling of self doubt and worthlessness :-) will keep the chin up though!! :-) Alain Girl, perhaps after Ramadan, you would like to meet up for coffee, a chat and a smile? We have recently moved our home to Al Ain, but I am often in Sharjah as we have friends there. Just a thought ... I would absolutely love to - thank you so much :-) I will post after Ramadan to contact you ......
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 11:34
Alaingirl, it is all about money. I am sure of it. Some men just think that you are under their control if they are the only earner in the family. Do you work? I am not sure if there is much difference in my DH regarding these things, but for some men, they feel that they can control you if you are financially dependent on them. I had a high flying job in London which he loved me for! Independence and confidence. Just like him. I met him through him interviewing me for a job -). Now, I do not work (constantly tells me I do not have to but surprisingly supports me in my gain for a business here!) just no strength to motivate me to follow through :-(
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 11:30
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai? Sharjah. I wish it was that easy Mrsb - life is certainly not what I imagined when I moved to the Gulf some 5 years ago. I hear and see everyone around me having a wonderful time but DH bullying, DDs having a go at me or totally disrespecting me is....well, I can imagine some ladies here (albeit under differing circumstances) can relate to.....I am really trying to bring myself back to how I was some 8 years ago, strong, confident, happy - not any more and feel I just have to live with it. Would be nice to talk to someone though who has the same, or relatively same, feeling of self doubt and worthlessness :-) will keep the chin up though!! :-) Alain Girl, perhaps after Ramadan, you would like to meet up for coffee, a chat and a smile? We have recently moved our home to Al Ain, but I am often in Sharjah as we have friends there. Just a thought ... I would absolutely love to - thank you so much :-)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 11:23
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai? Sharjah. I wish it was that easy Mrsb - life is certainly not what I imagined when I moved to the Gulf some 5 years ago. I hear and see everyone around me having a wonderful time but DH bullying, DDs having a go at me or totally disrespecting me is....well, I can imagine some ladies here (albeit under differing circumstances) can relate to.....I am really trying to bring myself back to how I was some 8 years ago, strong, confident, happy - not any more and feel I just have to live with it. Would be nice to talk to someone though who has the same, or relatively same, feeling of self doubt and worthlessness :-) will keep the chin up though!! :-) Alain Girl, perhaps after Ramadan, you would like to meet up for coffee, a chat and a smile? We have recently moved our home to Al Ain, but I am often in Sharjah as we have friends there. Just a thought ...
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 11:04
Alaingirl, it is all about money. I am sure of it. Some men just think that you are under their control if they are the only earner in the family. Do you work? I am not sure if there is much difference in my DH regarding these things, but for some men, they feel that they can control you if you are financially dependent on them.
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 09:30
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai? Sharjah. I wish it was that easy Mrsb - life is certainly not what I imagined when I moved to the Gulf some 5 years ago. I hear and see everyone around me having a wonderful time but DH bullying, DDs having a go at me or totally disrespecting me is....well, I can imagine some ladies here (albeit under differing circumstances) can relate to.....I am really trying to bring myself back to how I was some 8 years ago, strong, confident, happy - not any more and feel I just have to live with it. Would be nice to talk to someone though who has the same, or relatively same, feeling of self doubt and worthlessness :-) will keep the chin up though!! :-)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 09:25
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-) You can make it for yourself Alain girl. You have to take charge of yourself first then take charge of everyone else. I just read you new post and feel sad. Are you in Al Ain or Dubai?
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 08:54
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected. I truly wish I had the same as you..... :-)
Latest post on 13 July 2013 - 02:41
I believe that the purpose of my life is to learn from my mistakes, forgive and forget (I try) and be grateful for the all the blessings I have. For me being a home maker was a conscious decision so to the ladies who feel "worthless", please don't. The years spent with the children will be worth it Inshallah. :)
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 23:10
I would say when I was a young mum and wife I was needed and wanted, life was always busy, loved having my two girls. Now they are older and we are now all separated, living in different countries and I am now in Doha. Its just me and the four walls, hubby always at work, and when he isnt, he is so tired, we have no social life, no friends, I feel so isolated, so at this moment in time, I cant really say what my worth is....... Wish I was back in Dubai, life was so different to Doha. As GM said "the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself." Let's pray for each other :)
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 23:08
Pondering over such thoughts means you have too much time on your hands. What a lovely contribution. It's not about having too much time on your hands it's about reflection. To sit down for a moment and think. If a human being thinks it's a waste of time to do so, so what is your purpose then? Despite the fact, that I do have too much time these days (on bed-rest since the past 6 months, 3 more to go); but this question has always been there somewhere on my mind. I have this urge to do something more fulfilling.. Something for someone who will never pay me back.. something like an investment for the life hereafter. Raising responsible children (3 months to go) is one!!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 22:50
Pondering over such thoughts means you have too much time on your hands. What a lovely contribution. It's not about having too much time on your hands it's about reflection. To sit down for a moment and think. If a human being thinks it's a waste of time to do so, so what is your purpose then?
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 22:02
Pondering over such thoughts means you have too much time on your hands.
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 21:34
I would say when I was a young mum and wife I was needed and wanted, life was always busy, loved having my two girls. Now they are older and we are now all separated, living in different countries and I am now in Doha. Its just me and the four walls, hubby always at work, and when he isnt, he is so tired, we have no social life, no friends, I feel so isolated, so at this moment in time, I cant really say what my worth is....... Wish I was back in Dubai, life was so different to Doha. Similar to what I was thinking - if they are questioning it now then wait until their children are off your hands ( in an immediate sense) .............. then you will really start to wonder! Bummer.......
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 20:32
Hi Sal - fingers crossed it works out for you. Just a pity you had to leave, but we all know you have to go where the work is. A friend of ours is off to Iraq at the end of the month as there's nothing going here or in AD. We are all fine thanks. Keep smiling. x
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 18:02
SalsB - sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down at the moment. Could you get involved in animal charity work like you did in Dubai? You would meet new friends that way.[/quote Hiya Amelia, I have emailed Cats In Qatar, had no reply, the only problem I have is that I cant foster at the moment as Im in an apartment ( had to sneak my two in ) and I dont drive, so I really dont know what use I will be to them. Hoping to move over the coming months, want a villa so maybe I can then foster!!! so many cats are in need of help, so yes this would be ideal for me to foster, just hope I dont want to keep any, as I tend to want them all, lol. Hope you are ok. x
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 17:32
SalsB - sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down at the moment. Could you get involved in animal charity work like you did in Dubai? You would meet new friends that way.
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 16:53
I would say when I was a young mum and wife I was needed and wanted, life was always busy, loved having my two girls. Now they are older and we are now all separated, living in different countries and I am now in Doha. Its just me and the four walls, hubby always at work, and when he isnt, he is so tired, we have no social life, no friends, I feel so isolated, so at this moment in time, I cant really say what my worth is....... Wish I was back in Dubai, life was so different to Doha. SalsB, I hear your sentiments and I can echo them in many locations/situations I've been in too but what makes you yearn for Dubai? Your girls would still be grown up and away, hubby would still be work/tired all the time (my life too) its tough I know but we're all wonderful and worth our worth Hi Hiccups, my youngest DD is in Dubai, also my best friend, life was just more content, yes I agree Hubby would still be working, but he has now taken on a much demanding role to the one in Dubai. I know we shouldnt complain, and yes I have alot for be thankful for, just feeling a wee bit down in the dumps, hopefully its on a temporary glitch.lol.
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 12:31
The question reminds me of an animation I once saw of a human being's lifecycle fast-forwarded under 5 minutes. The animation started off with a wailing newborn baby quickly growing up into a teenager then into a grown up working adult and then into an old person then there was the graveyard and it ended with the soul ... or spirit floating and getting larger on the screen towards the viewer. What [i'>is[/i'> the purpose of life? [b'>[/b'>"the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself." - Baaz Luhrmann, The Sunscreen Song. Yes :) <em>edited by Lynett84 on 12/07/2013</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 July 2013 - 11:53
mrsb. I love what you have just written. Thank you AmyAus82 - I truly believe it. I think I am blessed with a very good husband and family. They make me feel important, needed, loved, and respected.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY