January 2014 - Due Date | ExpatWoman.com

January 2014 - Due Date

Latest post on 15 July 2013 - 12:51

Hi ladies,

I've noticed that the month of January has been skipped in the due date list...so I'm wondering if I'm the only woman having a January baby! I'm now on 12 weeks and 6 days, and have been counting the days till the end of the first trimester...I'm hoping that the morning sickness, fatigue will go away and I can start feeling human again! The good news is that the baby is healthy and we had good results with the 12 week scan for abnormalities and down syndrome - so the baby is doing great :)

Would love to know if there are other women out there with the same due date...i haven't had time/energy yet to go checkout hospitals for delivery, but I have a very long list of questions for my OBY when I see her next in August.

Look forward to hear about those January babies! xx

Latest post on 25 December 2013 - 05:08
Hello,January mummies! Nobody seems to have posted any comment for more than a month,wow! Too busy or the little one 's giving you a hard time!! Maybe both ?.At least,that's my case ?.They always say that the first pregnancy is the hardest one! Well,don't think so! This is my third one and by far,it's the hardest one! Don't sleep at night,kicking,heartburn,no comfortable position...plus the hormones factor! I have like two long nappies during the day (can't help it!)...So don't do much during the day,don't eat properly or on time,can't go out for my and the baby shopping! Basically,I'm a pregnant ,tired,grumpy cave woman! I have want to deliver tomorrow but I still have one month to go! True,I'm not appreciating my pregnancy but it doesn't mean that I'm not excited about it,l,can't wait to hold my baby,hug and kiss her.Mums are brave,unconditionally loving and giving persons.God bless us all.
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 08:13
Hey everyone Fri am would also be best for me (10am ish?). I live Downtown so it seems we are spread across Dubai! G&D park would suit me or I'm happy to drive to motor city area - whatever suits most. Would you like to email me and we could get something arranged? Email is [email protected] EW admin - I think we would all like to attend your coffee mornings however we all work during the week! I'm sure we will do once our bumps arrive :) Xx
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 21:02
Hi ladies, we have regular bumps and babes coffee mornings, always hosted by one of our lovely hostesses, you are all welcome to go along and join in the conversation with like minded ladies. Thanks EW Admin
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 20:54
Hi ladies - I'd also be up for a weekend meet up as I'll also be working till Dec. Friday is better for me as I have an exercise class on Saturday morning. I'm in Jumeirah, so other end of town from the ranches / motor city but maybe we could do something like More at G&D park which is sort of halfway?
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 17:11
Hi everyone! A weekend meet up would be great, Fridays (not too early) would be ideal as I work Saturdays unfortunately. I live in Remraam on the bypass road so motor city would be a brill place for a meet up...depends on everyone else though..would be good for the Arabian Ranches ladies I'm sure. We really should have a get together :-)
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 10:04
Hi, Thanks for sharing all this info ladies! I think I might get the courage to join the bumps & babes coffee morning this Thursday or the coming Monday. As for the weekend meetup, what day would be best for you ladies? I live in the Arabian Ranches so it would be convenient for me if it's around there, but I'm happy to meet elsewhere if it is good for most of you. Let us plan something :) Maddymoo81, my due date is also towards the end of January, so if the lil guy decides to be a week or so late, I'll also be giving birth in Feb :) Cheers
Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 12:01
Hi there, I am due right at the end of Jan so could probably eek into the Feb forum but I am hoping that unlike me, the nugget will be a little better at being on time! I have been seeing an independent Dr for the duration of my pregnancy because the wait at City Hospital was months long but I finally have my first appointment with Dr Elsa at the end of the month and I can't wait to be able to ask her all of the questions that keep me up at night (aside from the bladder and baby kicks!) It would be so lovely to meet some other mums due around the same time. I work full time in the week so if anyone knows of any weekend meets that would be great! I've been in Dubai for 6 years now but this will be my first Christmas here and I am having to miss my sister's wedding in the UK on NYE so it would be lovely to have some fellow waddlers to talk nappies and birthing options with to take my mind off of everyone drinking and being merry in the UK!
Latest post on 17 October 2013 - 11:44
Hi ladies, I have been to the bumps & babes coffee mornings a lot of times now and can heartly recommend it. It's lovely! Every time there is somebody who is new, so don't worry and join us. I'm going almost every monday and thursday and it would be nice to see any of you there soon! :-) My Obs is at the German Clinic and they also have a pediatrician there which is supposed to be very good and is highly recommended to me by a friend, so I think I will go there with the little one. Her name's Dr. Kathrin Föhe. Cheers
Latest post on 16 October 2013 - 13:06
Hey Carpedium Great idea to organise a jan club meet up - maybe one fri or sat morning? I'm actually going to be brave and go to the EW mums and bumps coffee morning tomorrow in the marina... I have Thurs off this week because of the Eid break. Otherwise I'm due to work until 12th Dec which seems a million miles away at the moment! I've not really thought about a doctor after the baby is born yet - but that's a great question! I wonder if anyone on here has any good recommendations? X
Latest post on 16 October 2013 - 11:30
Hi ladies, time is starting to fly now... And starting to wonder what I need to learn / have ready before the little nugget comes :) I finished a work contract in September and so now I am just waiting for baby. It's difficult starting something now when you know you will be out of action for a while. Lilyput, I have been thinking about joining a coffee morning but haven't mustered up the guts yet. Would be nice to meet some ladies passing through the same experience - my friends in Dubai are also mostly single and at different stages in their lives. Maybe we can arrange something for the Jan baby club on some weekend? Have any of you ladies considered what paediatrician you will be going to after baby arrives? Could you even arrange for one before giving birth? Recommendations appreciated. Cheers :)
Latest post on 15 October 2013 - 17:51
Hi everyone Just found this forum - it's so nice to hear from women going through exactly the same thing in Dubai! I'm a first time mum (due Jan 1st delivering at City) and although we have lots of friends out here they are all child less and so I'm feeling really nervous about our new life we are about to embark on! Has anyone attended any of the coffee mornings for mums and bumps from expatwomen? Unfortunately I work so never get to the weekday meet ups! It would be nice to meet up with some mums to be though! I hope everyone is feeling okay, I just seem to be shattered all the time, and still 11 weeks to go, aaahhhh! Xx
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 12:00
Haha weird! Maybe we'll bump into each other at City!
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 11:52
Snap!!! 13th January and City! :-D
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 11:50
My due date is 13th and delivering at City - how about you?
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 11:27
I got one of those gym balls the other day and have been doing the same as you..opting to sit on that instead of the sofa...its helped loads! seems to take the pressure off immediately and its nice to rock back and forth and side to side on it...work those pelvic muscles :-) The Pilates and swimming will be doing you the world of good!! When is your due date and which hospital are you delivering at?
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 11:12
I haven't had any trouble with feet swelling, but I do get sore with back ache by the end of the day at work. I try to go for a short walk at lunchtime now it's a little bit cooler to get moving again, but don't always get the chance. I bought a back support thing from Ace to go on my work chair which helps - I think it was about 120 dhs and definitely makes a difference. I also have one of those exercise balls that I sit on in the evenings sometimes instead of lying on the sofa. And the Pilates and swimming really help to stretch out my back, even when it's absolutely the [u'>last[/u'> thing I feel like doing!
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 10:55
Ah good sounds like you will get sorted with stuff pretty quickly then! We are heading out over the next 3 days in search of a cot mattress and sheets (hoping for some Eid sales). Oh how times have changed since our boozy day sessions at the pub....now getting excited about waddling around the malls with the intention on purchasing a mattress haha. Mines a desk job too...do you find sitting for long periods of time makes your feet swell and coccyx ache? I seem to be better walking around than sitting.
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 10:47
I know it's ridiculous - I do have a loooong list of what I need though! I think I was so worried in the earlier stages that something might go wrong that I didn't want to tempt fate by buying anything. Totally irrational I know! Thanks for the offer of your friend's stuff - I'm actually getting a bit of second hand stuff from family which is hopefully being sent out to me soon, and my mum is buying our pram/travel system for us so think it will all come together in the end. And at least I have 3 days off work now to focus on the rest of it before I get too enormous! I'm sure your dog-walking & housework is keeping you active enough - my job is totally desk-based and we have a part time cleaner to do the housework, so if I didn't make an effort to exercise I'd end up sitting down for the whole 9 months!
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 09:48
Hi Hannah33! All going great form my side :-) I know..the time has flown by it's starting to get daunting dun dun duuunn! Unfortunately I have to work "until I drop" because only get the 45 days maternity leave so need to utilise every last day I can for after baby is born. Sick leave may be called for in the last couple of weeks before the due date because i may not be able to make it up and down the stairs at my office anymore. Sounds like you are keeping very active!...The most I can muster is work and walking my pooch...housework keeps me active as well I suppose..hoover aerobics ;-) You've still not got any baby stuff? haha you are gonna be shattered shopping in the third trimester. I actually have a friend who is selling some lovely baby stuff that was only used a couple of times if you are interested? Gorgeous white wooden cot with hypoallergenic mattress AED 1300, Chicco pram with matching car seat including adapters for pram and car AED 1,100. Let me know if you are interested :-)
Latest post on 14 October 2013 - 09:29
How is everyone doing? I can't believe we're heading into the last trimester already, time has flown by! Dahin21 I hope your blood pressure issues have been resolved and stopping work helped? I still have 2 more months to go at work but am so looking forward to stopping - I do find it really tiring and am often shattered by the end of the day. I'm trying to up my exercise a bit as that seems to help with the tiredness and achy legs. I'm doing a mix of beach walks, swimming and Pilates at the moment. Anyway hope you all have a lovely Eid - mine is going to be focused on getting organised, because we still haven't bought a single item for the baby! Eeeek!
Latest post on 22 September 2013 - 19:39
Thank you bean spout for the follow up. Well i took the decision to stop working for now because i arrive home very tired and i know that this can affect badly my blood pressure! Have an apptm this week with my OB so we'll from there! Take care..xx
Latest post on 21 September 2013 - 09:15
Hi Dahin21, You just take it easy and make sure you are getting plenty of iron, red meat, dark leafy greens etc. Low blood pressure can be just as dangerous as high sometimes so really keep an aye on it and speak to your OB on how you can bring it back up to normal. I have had low blood pressure before and it can make you feel really faint and weak, not pleasant at all so I really hope you feel better soon! Take care xxx
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 20:21
Hi Dahin21, Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy! Sounds like you're feeling a bit uncomfortable just now. I haven't personally experienced what you seem to be experiencing just now with the neck and jaw ache but it could all be related to your ligaments and tendons loosening up and also blood circulation...it's something to do with a hormone we release during pregnancy, it can cause carpel tunnel syndrome in your hands and wrists which is what I seem to be getting at the moment when I'm at work but can also affect everywhere else in the body too, even making our feet go up a size apparently as all the ligaments relax. Try getting one of those bean bags that you can heat in the microwave and place on the back of your neck, it will help relax the muscles and ease the pain. I hope you start to feel better very soon! xxx See Bean sprout,I posted your message without writing my reply ?...that's tells how well I'm functioning these days ! Thank you for the advice,yes,I'm having these muscles and ligaments stretching as well and sometimes it really hurts but this weakness that I'm having is definitely due to the blood pressure and it really scares me because I know a mum who unfortunately lost her baby at 6 months because of that,I know it's a sad story but we pregnant ladies shouldn't take anything for granted! will let you know.Take care.xx
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 20:06
Hi Dahin21, Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy! Sounds like you're feeling a bit uncomfortable just now. I haven't personally experienced what you seem to be experiencing just now with the neck and jaw ache but it could all be related to your ligaments and tendons loosening up and also blood circulation...it's something to do with a hormone we release during pregnancy, it can cause carpel tunnel syndrome in your hands and wrists which is what I seem to be getting at the moment when I'm at work but can also affect everywhere else in the body too, even making our feet go up a size apparently as all the ligaments relax. Try getting one of those bean bags that you can heat in the microwave and place on the back of your neck, it will help relax the muscles and ease the pain. I hope you start to feel better very soon! xxx
Latest post on 15 September 2013 - 09:51
Hi Dahin21, Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy! Sounds like you're feeling a bit uncomfortable just now. I haven't personally experienced what you seem to be experiencing just now with the neck and jaw ache but it could all be related to your ligaments and tendons loosening up and also blood circulation...it's something to do with a hormone we release during pregnancy, it can cause carpel tunnel syndrome in your hands and wrists which is what I seem to be getting at the moment when I'm at work but can also affect everywhere else in the body too, even making our feet go up a size apparently as all the ligaments relax. Try getting one of those bean bags that you can heat in the microwave and place on the back of your neck, it will help relax the muscles and ease the pain. I hope you start to feel better very soon! xxx
Latest post on 14 September 2013 - 12:04
Hi ladies I am 17 wks pregnant ,i had either a low or high blood pressure since the signs are the same,you become very weak ,a big pressure behind the neck even jaws,don't have energy to talk or move. I just lied down until it went away.waiting for my next appt to talk to my OB .'til then anyone witnessed that? What did you do ? What dis your OB advised you ? Thanks.
Latest post on 08 September 2013 - 14:09
Hi Kat35, Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make the classes in October as I have family visiting and its a super busy month at work :-( We have decided instead to do a full one day course on a Saturday at Copper Clinic. Hope the classes are helpful..let us know how they go! DXBMummy2012, Hi there! I bet having a toddler running around when you are pregnant is sure to tire you out and make your pregnancy that bit more difficult. I am feeling fine just now...the odd bit of swollen foot syndrome after dragging myself around the malls looking for baby gear but thats it really. Bump well and truly popped now...I'v turned into a right little pudding over the past 2 weeks. Hope everyone is doing well and your your little ones are kicking away nicely now :-) My little girl feels like shes practicing Zumba on my spleen! x
Latest post on 08 September 2013 - 14:02
Hi ladies, Just moving across from February due dates as my due date is now Jan 28th :-) Expecting our second baby and seeing Dr Braithwaite at American. I delivered my first at American too. How is everyone feeling? My bump has popped and I definitely look pregnant now! Don't remember feeling as uncomfortable as this at 20 weeks with my son, but then I didnt have a toddler to look after :-) xx
Latest post on 06 September 2013 - 21:50
Hi Everyone! I am thinking of signing up for this antenatal course for the October sessions. This lady comes highly recommended...just in case any of you are interested :-) http://www.medcells.ae/antenatal-support/antenatal-classes#page=page-1 Hi Bean Sprout, I saw you were thinking about doing the antenatal classes with Cecile. I just made the booking for the October sessions. See you there? X <em>edited by Kat35 on 06/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 31 August 2013 - 18:27
Baby bazaar is like a flea market for second hand baby stuff - a friend mentioned it on FB and I googled it (have tried doing a link below but not sure if I did it properly). It's on the last Sat of each month at Times Sq so there's one tomorrow - not been before but might check it out to see whether it's any good. [url=http://www.babybazaar.org/'>link[/url'> Dahin21 - sorry I can't help with the c-sec questions - I'm really hoping I don't need to have one as I want to be in hospital for as little time as possible! Have you been on the City Hosp maternity ward tours? I haven't yet but they should be able to answer all those kinds of questions. Thank you Hannah,haven't been to the City yet that 's why i want to know asap!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY