For those who have been searching for Speculoos Cookie Butter | ExpatWoman.com

For those who have been searching for Speculoos Cookie Butter

Latest post on 20 July 2013 - 20:11

They had a load of jars of it today, along with other similar spreads, in Pain Quotidien, Dubai Mall, nr the ice rink.

Latest post on 12 January 2014 - 18:14
Ok. So what is a spekuloos cookie? And what do u do with the spread? hi ginnee, have you tried it yet? its amazing... its heaven on earth.. its out of this world....
Latest post on 12 January 2014 - 17:56
I bought 4 jars at Dubai Mall and it is fantastic!!!!!! where ?????? where in dubai mall please speak :c
Latest post on 12 January 2014 - 17:56
@amkcbrandon where in dubai mall do they sell them? please confess i'm dieing here :(
Latest post on 31 July 2013 - 10:27
I bought 4 jars at Dubai Mall and it is fantastic!!!!!!
Latest post on 27 July 2013 - 15:22
Omg. I crumble speculoos cookies on my vanilla ice cream! Shoulda marketed it!
Latest post on 27 July 2013 - 12:48
Saw this in my local Spinneys yesterday, and thought of you lot - never heard of them before reading this thread, by the way :D
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:57
Ginnee, this is the box that you get in Geant (ibn batuta- the only place ive seen these cookies in dubai). try them! http://fr-pic1.ciao.com/fr/119606868.jpg <em>edited by Chi2dxb on 24/07/2013</em>
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:47
Ok. So what is a spekuloos cookie? And what do u do with the spread? lol, the same thing you do with nutella or peanut butter....eat it by the spoonful! :) LOL we have a friend here in Dubai that eats the Dutch peanut butter by the spoonful :D Didn't realise TJ's was made in Holland and PQ in Belgium :) Ginnee, cookie is made with several spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom.
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:41
Ok. So what is a spekuloos cookie? And what do u do with the spread? lol, the same thing you do with nutella or peanut butter....eat it by the spoonful! :)
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:40
rotetho, you are too kind. if i hadn't already purchased some, i would've totally gone for your offer. thank you. btw, the TJs one is made in the Netherlands and the PQ is made in Belgium. ginnee, it's a spread, same consistency as peanut or soy nut butter, but the taste is of the speculoos cookie which is a cinnamon cookie. its delicious on some cripsy toast. the first time i had this cookie was on a plane a longgg time ago, by the biskoff brand. they also make a spread, same thing.
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:34
Ok. So what is a spekuloos cookie? And what do u do with the spread?
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 16:30
Ginnee, it's same kind of spread as peanut butter, but without nuts as it is made from speculoos-cookies. Guess you could use it same as peanut butter (although I don't think saté sauce will taste nice when made from speculoos cookie butter instead of peanut butter ;) )
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 15:57
What IS this stuff? What do u do with it? Im intreagued!
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 15:40
Am in Holland at the moment, and they sell speculoos cookie butter in any supermarket. Am happy to bring back a few jars if you can't find any ;) Not sure though if the taste will be same as PQ or Trader Joe. That said....speculoos (or speculaas as we call it) and the cookie butter is invented in Belgium which is just round the corner ;) so it will be the 'original' Lotus. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculoos'>link[/url'> You can get the original cookies (speculaas) in various shops around Dubai....Spinneys quite regularly have them, but also Marché in Ranches (guessing Geant will have them as well). So if you can't find the spread in shops, you might put a bit of butter on bread and then put some cookies in between :D
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 13:51
I'm partial to the trader Joe's one but the PQ is good enough for the next month until I can get my hands on the TJs one! I wish the PQ had the crunchy version. I guess I could get the speculoos cookies from Geant and make it crunchy myself lol
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 13:48
They changed the labeling but the jar and size is the same as the glass jar.it is not the trader joe's one. Also, there was no limit in MCC in fact the lady herself asked if I wanted to stock up and buy 3 or 4 lol edited by Chi2dxb on 24/07/2013 Hey Chi2dxb do you think the PQ ones and the Trader Joe's taste the same? Have you tried both? If yes, which one's better in your own opinion? Thanks :)
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 13:33
They changed the labeling but the jar and size is the same as the glass jar.it is not the trader joe's one. Also, there was no limit in MCC in fact the lady herself asked if I wanted to stock up and buy 3 or 4 lol <em>edited by Chi2dxb on 24/07/2013</em>
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 12:54
I just phoned up PQ and said they can only give me max of 2 bottles. I am looking to buy the cookie butter (see below link for image) and not the ones availble in PQ. The packaging is different, is what I want and the one in PQ the same thing?? http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/food-drink/food-drink-trader-joes-speculoos-cookie-butter-crunchy-biscoff/ This is the one available in PQ http://york-avenue.blogspot.ae/2011/12/look-what-i-found.html
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 12:52
I just phoned up PQ and said they can only give me max of 2 bottles. I am looking to buy the cookie butter (see below link for image) and not the ones availble in PQ. The packaging is different, is what I want and the one in PQ the same thing?? http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/food-drink/food-drink-trader-joes-speculoos-cookie-butter-crunchy-biscoff/
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 10:53
I got it from PQ in MCC. The lady had no idea what I was talking about. She kept showing me the other jars of dark and white chocolate. I just kept saying speculoos, cookie, cinnamon cookie, spread...anything and it finally hit her and she said she has a case in the back. It was 45 aed for a glass jar like the other dark and white chocolate ones. Has anyone successfully given this to someone who has nut allergies?
Latest post on 24 July 2013 - 10:08
Anyone pick this up yet? How much was it?
Latest post on 21 July 2013 - 14:50
By the time you get there it will have sign saying "1 Per person only, EW members" So I guess we will all see each other there... I am the one with the mini Casper ghost...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 21 July 2013 - 13:36
By the time you get there it will have sign saying "1 Per person only, EW members"
Latest post on 21 July 2013 - 13:33
PQ wont know what hit them. Lol!
Latest post on 20 July 2013 - 20:13
OKAY! I am so on it!!! Have an amazing recipe for speculoos cake I have been keeping on hold! Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY