Christmas brunch advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Christmas brunch advice please

Latest post on 23 July 2013 - 21:26

I know it's insanely early to even think about christmas yet but from experience last year, everywhere gets booked up now for a good christmas brunch. I called the Al Qasr and found out that they are already booked. I have been offered the Mina Asalam but don't have any experience of the brunch there. We will be going with my parents and two year old son and want somewhere very festive with lots of decorations, crackers, entertainment, carols etc. Has anyone been there for chrstmas brunch?
We were also looking at Raffles, is it a buffet brunch or a set meal? Thanks everyone

Latest post on 01 November 2013 - 14:48
Hi. Anyone had Christmas Brunch at Zheng He's? I've made a tentative booking......
Latest post on 22 October 2013 - 10:45
Thanks Kitten67, I had heard bad feedback for it and was a little concerned. Will pass it on to our friends.
Latest post on 22 October 2013 - 10:35
Hi there - we have done the Ritz for last 2 years and its great! Really excellent quality food,good service, nice crowd and great for kids. For the kids they had bouncy castle/slide, camel rides, face painting, games and separate buffet area with kids food. Santa comes along and there is carol singing etc. It is a lovely place to take visitors BUT it is one of the most expensive and gets booked up pretty fast. This year we are giving Meydan a try for a change :)
Latest post on 22 October 2013 - 10:31
sorry to revive this thread again but has anyone been to the Ritz at JBR for Xmas brunch? Friends are looking for a real family x-mas experience and as I have no kids I thought you lovely ladies would be the best place to source an expert opinion on the best place for kids and is the Ritz worth it or would you go somewhere else?
Latest post on 26 September 2013 - 11:21
Looks like the Raffles Christmas Brunch has been confirmed: https://www.facebook.com/rafflesdubai/posts/10151588679222237
Latest post on 06 September 2013 - 09:28
What does the Fairmont offer for kids? And have you been before TDB? I was aware that Raffles is in the ballroom as from what I read that was where it was last year.
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 23:03
I was just thinking of Christmas brunch today. The brunch at Le Meridien Garhoud previous years were also very nice and so many kids were there having loads of fun.
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 20:56
She said there was Santa and bouncy castle and a few table based things she was unclear on...guessing facepainting?
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 18:48
When i was there 2 years ago they had outdoor and indoor seating. HTH x
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 18:27
Ok great. Thanks Elmpark. Just out of interest, do you know what the kids entertainment was??
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 17:57
Last year a friend went and said the kids entertainment was set up outside but as far as I was aware the seating was indoors? Maybe call and confirm the reception are quite friendly...just can't book still!
Latest post on 05 September 2013 - 17:49
Does anyone know if there's any out-door seating at the Raffles Christmas lunch?
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 19:49
Here we go... as promised Dear ExpatWoman members, Firstly we would like to apologise for any confusion caused. Due to a change in the senior management of the Food & Beverage division, our process for Christmas bookings has been under review. This will be finalised by the 5th of September. In the mean time please e-mail all enquiries to [email protected] or call 04 324 8888, booking confirmations will be sent out starting 9th September 2013. Wow! Thanks Admin much appreciated, will chase after the 5th then! Kind regards Andrew Director of Food & Beverage Raffles Dubai Wow! Thanks for this Admin will chase after the 5th then! <em>edited by Elmpark on 03/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 14:06
I have just called them and registered my interest in having a reservation. They have taken number of guests and my contact details and they will call to confirm the booking once all the details are finalised. They are not taking actual bookings yet as to confirm your booking you will need to pay a deposit apparently. If you want to go there for xmas, I would recommend calling them just to provisionally book a table. HTH
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 11:44
Here we go... as promised Dear ExpatWoman members, Firstly we would like to apologise for any confusion caused. Due to a change in the senior management of the Food & Beverage division, our process for Christmas bookings has been under review. This will be finalised by the 5th of September. In the mean time please e-mail all enquiries to [email protected] or call 04 324 8888, booking confirmations will be sent out starting 9th September 2013. Kind regards Andrew Director of Food & Beverage Raffles Dubai
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 11:00
I've heard that the Fairmont SZR Christmas Brunch is also fab, has anyone been?
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 10:03
Hi All! We've had the lovely folks from Raffles on the phone- they will be emailing us some info later just so you know they are listening :) Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 22:10
Elm - you are all booked under my name. Lunch is 545 - dinner is 495. For lunch under 6 free and 7- 12 half price. This is 25th Dec for reconfirmation. Looks like a big table!!!! Of course, it can be split!!! All these calls were recorded - so no recourse!! <em>edited by bblue on 02/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 22:06
Okay so when/ how do I get hold of her, is daytime best?
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 22:02
Sorry one last thing BBlue are you sure what you have done is not the same as what I have done, she told me I am on the list of 100 people wishing to have a table and once it is all finalised then she will call me by the end of the month (am a bit sceptical that this will happen) no one took my email address only name, size of party and mobile number. Just not sure how to turn this situation around when the woman on the phone is adamant that bookings are NOT being taken at this moment...at this present time it does feel like rocket science ;) The question is answered! Just encountered the receptionist to whom you have all possibly been talking to! Same speel as given below - you need to talk to the actual restaurant reservations lady! <em>edited by bblue on 02/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:51
4 adults and 3 kids all over 6 but under 9.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:50
Sorry one last thing BBlue are you sure what you have done is not the same as what I have done, she told me I am on the list of 100 people wishing to have a table and once it is all finalised then she will call me by the end of the month (am a bit sceptical that this will happen) no one took my email address only name, size of party and mobile number. Just not sure how to turn this situation around when the woman on the phone is adamant that bookings are NOT being taken at this moment...at this present time it does feel like rocket science ;)
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:47
Congratulations! Ok so will call tomorrow and try again....just don't understand why they are giving mixed responses to the same query! Elm how many do you need? I know them now :-)
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:45
ahaha thank you BBlue - see you there by the turkey and stuffing! How odd - they told me earlier the boozy option is 495aed, not that I'll be indulging mind since I'll be 5 months pregnant. Calling now under the name of Mrs Smith! :))) Absolutely- not sure how the table system will work though :-) strange though on price quoted to you then me - firat I had heard of the price! Info for other ladies I was told 7-12 years half price!! I will be joining you on the non - but I am not pregnant :-) ha ha! <em>edited by bblue on 02/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:45
Congratulations! Ok so will call tomorrow and try again....just don't understand why they are giving mixed responses to the same query!
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 21:18
Sorry to revive an old thread. But have just called Raffles to try and book a table for Christmas brunch for our group and have been told it is not finalised yet and she took my name and number and added to the list wishing to book. So I am confused Bblue how you managed to book, I am happy to pay in full now etc but was not given that option....am I doing something wrong? Should I be asking just to book a table for the 25th December or will that not make a difference? I have just reconfirmed with them this second! You book, they take your details and once the price is finalised, you receive FULL confirmation email. At the present time, Raffles have 50 confirmed enquiries out of 400-450 capacity. Just reserve with them- and get your places. It's not rocket science edited by bblue on 02/09/2013 edited by bblue on 02/09/2013 Of course if it were that easy I don't think we would be posting on EW about it! The conversation went thus: Me: Hi there, I would like to book Christmas Brunch please for 2 adults and a baby Raffles lady: Sorry mam we are not taking bookings Me: Oh - why not? Raffles lady: Because it is not yet finalized. We can take your name and number and call you back when it is finalised Me: So I can't confirm anything now Raffles lady: No sorry mam, but I will take your details and call you back Me: OK - here they are, thanks My conversation just this second ago: Me: can I please book two extra adults and a baby to my "party" Raffles: of course Me: have prices actually been confirmed? Raffles: yes. 545 for 'beverages', 395 for non - under 6 years free of charge. Me: is this definitely confirmed? Raffles: yes Me: when do I get email? Raffles: shorty when F&b send to us Me: but are you absolutely sure of new amendment to my booking Raffles:absolutely TDB - please check with them if you wish but I have just got you confirmed spaces. U der the booking of Mrs J Smith.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 20:48
Sorry to revive an old thread. But have just called Raffles to try and book a table for Christmas brunch for our group and have been told it is not finalised yet and she took my name and number and added to the list wishing to book. So I am confused Bblue how you managed to book, I am happy to pay in full now etc but was not given that option....am I doing something wrong? Should I be asking just to book a table for the 25th December or will that not make a difference? I have just reconfirmed with them this second! You book, they take your details and once the price is finalised, you receive FULL confirmation email. At the present time, Raffles have 50 confirmed enquiries out of 400-450 capacity. Just reserve with them- and get your places. It's not rocket science edited by bblue on 02/09/2013 <em>edited by bblue on 02/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 20:23
Sorry to revive an old thread. But have just called Raffles to try and book a table for Christmas brunch for our group and have been told it is not finalised yet and she took my name and number and added to the list wishing to book. So I am confused Bblue how you managed to book, I am happy to pay in full now etc but was not given that option....am I doing something wrong? Should I be asking just to book a table for the 25th December or will that not make a difference?
Latest post on 25 July 2013 - 10:09
Raffles are not taking bookings yet :-( That's strange as I booked with them for Christmas Day for 4 people yesterday morning - and received email confirmation.
Latest post on 25 July 2013 - 09:43
Raffles are not taking bookings yet :-(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY