New kitchen-recommendations please | ExpatWoman.com

New kitchen-recommendations please

Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 09:13
Great thanks. I'm not keen on the existing tops either! I'd really like a built in oven too, do they do that? Hi Bird, Who did you use as your contractor for the kitchen job? We need someone to coordinate the Ikea kitchen installation and tiling, countertop, plumbing, electricals etc etc.. Thanks a lot!
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 14:21
I believe they do have the cabinets to fit in the standard size build-in ovens. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and am positively surprised with the quality. Always had expensive designer kitchens at home, but Ikea works just fine! Yes my sister had Ikea previously in the UK and has switched to a more expensive one in her new house and prefers Ikea.
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:38
I believe they do have the cabinets to fit in the standard size build-in ovens. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and am positively surprised with the quality. Always had expensive designer kitchens at home, but Ikea works just fine!
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:20
Great thanks. I'm not keen on the existing tops either! I'd really like a built in oven too, do they do that?
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:16
Love it. Nobody believes it's an Ikea kitchen. But I did luck out with the "old" surface. If you can't re-use the existing top, I would start designing the cabinets just as you wish, then get a surface made from whatever material you want (google and surely anything can be manufactured here). If you can re-use it needs a little bit of juggling, but Ikea has many sizes and you will be able to make it fit. Actually I cut some pieces of the surface in order to fit in a dishwasher and the sink I wanted.
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:10
Thanks. I was thinking that but don't have a clue where to start! Are you happy with it? <em>edited by Bird on 06/08/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:08
I kept the hard stone surface from the old kitchen, and replaced the cabinets with Ikea. Or you could have your desired top made somewhere else, and complete it with Ikea.
Latest post on 06 August 2013 - 12:02
Has anyone installed a kitchen here. Had a brief look at Ikea but their tops seem to be either laminate or wood and I like a heatproof surface to put pots down. Thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY