Travelling with baby out of DXB without baby residency visa | ExpatWoman.com

Travelling with baby out of DXB without baby residency visa

Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 08:16

I'm about to take my babies on a 6 week holiday back to Australia. They were born in Dubai and don't have their residency visas yet. We are flying before the 120 days post birth deadline to obtain residency is up.

I thought we could just exit normally but apparently if they don't have a residency visa, I need to go to immigration before we fly with their birth certificates to get an entry visa stamped into their passport? Is this correct? Has anyone been through this recently who can advise as to the correct process? Thanks

Latest post on 14 March 2017 - 21:53
A very helpful thread, just a couple of things to add... The immigration office is Al Jaffilya, you need to go to building 15 (almost directly outside of the metro station) for the out stamp with the required documents. Ladies, remember you husband must be present! The immigration office at the airport is on ground floor (arrivals), T3 as you enter the building... far right hand side. To save you hassle like I had, if you have an Abi Dhabi visa (don't ask) then even if you are flying from Dubai then you need to get the out stamp (letter) from Abu Dhabi. At least I have now been to each of these locations so I can share this info with others who find themselves in a similar situation. HTH
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 16:44
I'm about to take my babies on a 6 week holiday back to Australia. They were born in Dubai and don't have their residency visas yet. We are flying before the 120 days post birth deadline to obtain residency is up. I thought we could just exit normally but apparently if they don't have a residency visa, I need to go to immigration before we fly with their birth certificates to get an entry visa stamped into their passport? Is this correct? Has anyone been through this recently who can advise as to the correct process? Thanks u now need to get an exit stamp to leave without the visa
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 16:31
We did this a year ago to the day from T1. We simply went to the passport control area, were then guided to an immigration office close by and they completed a form and that was it. Probably took 15 minutes with some additional flaffing around. The passport control guy then wrote some arabic in the passport and hey presto it was done. We then sorted visa as soon as we got back.
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 15:54
Thanks for the responses. We fly out one week before the 120 day period expires and haven't had a chance to sort out baby visas. I found out that we needed to get an out pass stamped into passport for both babies and this is all sorted now. Process below for others who might be in similar situation (baby born in Dubai, exiting Dubai less than 120 days after their birth and don't have UAE residency visa yet) Take the below to immigration (next to Bur Dubai police station) Copy of fathers passport and visa Copy of mothers passport and visa Original passport of baby Copy of eticket for baby AED 130 fee Original birth certificate
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 11:45
When i went through immigration they didnt even look at the paper i had to ask them too as i was worried i wouldnt get back in :)
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 10:30
i did this with my son- he was 12 weeks old. we had to go and get an exit letter from DNRD- my husband had to come also and sign an authorisation form. to be honest the time we spent at DNRD getting the letter we might as well as got the visa. I have to say I agree. If you already have their passports you may as well just get visas stamped on them... :-)
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 09:33
i did this with my son- he was 12 weeks old. we had to go and get an exit letter from DNRD- my husband had to come also and sign an authorisation form. to be honest the time we spent at DNRD getting the letter we might as well as got the visa.
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 09:00
Hi I haven't done this personally but as far as I am aware, it is possible to exit with a new baby if you can provide a 'valid' reason (e.g. emergency, family death). There was a thread on that topic some time ago which will come up if you search for it. Good luck x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY