Dubai Little League T-ball for a girl, would you recommend?? | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai Little League T-ball for a girl, would you recommend??

Latest post on 15 August 2013 - 07:30
Thank you SunDevil! I will look it up.
Latest post on 15 August 2013 - 00:51
http://www.eteamz.com/DubaiLittleLeague/ Here is the website. My son started playing T-ball just after he turned four. The games are at the little league facilty by Al Quoz. It's a really nice facility.
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 20:13
What age do they start playing T-ball? Where are the games and practices? Does anyone have contact information or a website? I am interested for my son...
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 20:13
What age do they start playing T-ball? Where are the games and practices? Does anyone have contact information or a website? I am interested for my son...
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 18:13
Jules22 how have we met? *trying to figure out this mystery* Games are on the weekends. Some teams practice during the week but all games are on the weekends. Our team practiced right before the game which was really nice. I know that my older son is getting into the more competitive bracket and we will probably have practice during the week. All nationalities can play but I have only seen Americans playing and one Brittish child. I've seen a lot of dual nationality families but one parent is American so there is that tie to the sport. It was NOT easy getting the equipment in Dubai and each store I went into and asked about gloves, bats, etc, they would always say the same thing, "Baseball?? Oh no, we don't sell baseballs...we have cricket." Decathlon was very hit or miss and didnt have the right gloves. They only had right handed gloves. I don't think their buyer understands that you put the glove on the opposite hand that you throw with so we could never get the gloves here despite driving all over Dubai looking for some. We finally had a friend bring them from the states. Don't forget to get a glove for you so you can practice with them. Catching bare handed gets old after awhile especially when they get stronger with their throwing. Jules, my boys used regular running shoes and they were fine. This year we will probably get my oldest cleats but they are easy to find in Dubai. Decathalon has a goid selection. The team will provide bats and batting hats. But we wanted extra bats to practice with so we had a friend bring them from the states along with a nice T stand to practice with. This summer my DH brought back wiffle balls, bat bag, and other stuff for the kids to practice with. I think that answered all the questions.
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 14:55
On which days do kids normally train, weekdays or weekend? I tried their website, but I can't find any info on schedule or/and timings TIA
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:43
My 9 year old is keen but we are not American. Do other nationalities play? All American kids or not? Thanks Lots of nationalities play! Thank you Quinn10
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:23
My 9 year old is keen but we are not American. Do other nationalities play? All American kids or not? Thanks Lots of nationalities play!
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:20
My 9 year old is keen but we are not American. Do other nationalities play? All American kids or not? Thanks
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:19
Hi SunDevil! Yes we're American and we have actually met before. My DD thinks it is just for boys so hopefully we won't be the only girl or I might have to pull her along. Can you tell me if the kids need cleats or will running shoes do? Where would we get a glove in Dubai??? Do they provide bats?? Ugh, wishing I would of bought these while we were in the USA this summer! Thanks! The best place for baseball supplies, I think, is Decathlon in Mirdiff City Center. They've got it all.
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:14
Hi SunDevil! Yes we're American and we have actually met before. My DD thinks it is just for boys so hopefully we won't be the only girl or I might have to pull her along. Can you tell me if the kids need cleats or will running shoes do? Where would we get a glove in Dubai??? Do they provide bats?? Ugh, wishing I would of bought these while we were in the USA this summer! Thanks!
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 10:16
My 9 year old is keen but we are not American. Do other nationalities play?
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 08:22
Oh I'm so happy to have seen this thread! My dh almost had a heart attack when our little picked up a bat in this summer and used it like a cricket bat! lol So thrilled to hear there are options here Can anyone confirm - are the games on the weekends? Or during the week?
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 04:10
Both of my boys played T-ball this past season and had a great time. The coaches were great and were very good at teaching the boys the skills needed to play. They really stressed sportsmanship and our team always cheered each other on and even cheered on the other teams. It was a fantastic group. Our team did not have any girls on it but I saw several girls on other teams. At the T-ball level everyone hits each time the team is up to bat so it's not too competitive. This coming season my oldest son will move up to machine pitch while my youngest stays in T-ball. Registration is currently underway and is 1,000 AED. That will include the uniform, (minus cleats and glove), team picture, and trophy at the end of the year. The T-ball facilities are very nice and our family enjoyed going to the games each weekend and at the end of the season our team had an awesome end of the season party. BTW, are you from the states?
Latest post on 13 August 2013 - 21:30
I am thinking about signing up my DD for T-ball to get her more active. Can anyone let me know about the little league and would a girl be OK or is it very competitive?? Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY