Laparoscopic-Myomectomy for Fibroid | ExpatWoman.com

Laparoscopic-Myomectomy for Fibroid

Latest post on 19 March 2020 - 15:08
Hi I tried Dr Wael Sammour in emirates hospital . He is excellent and did a laprascopic operation for me that was v successful . I got his name from another Dr who is a friend of mine , as i was al...
Am just seeing this post when I looked up LAPAROSCOPIC MYOMECTOMY. @Macaroon62 or anyone else here, do you mind letting me know how much your surgery costed with Dr. Wael? He sounds like a good one to consider for sure. any help would be much appreciated.
Latest post on 25 April 2019 - 16:57
I'm just searching for information. I have a hydrosalpinx in my left tube. I'm hoping rather than complete tubal clipping. Someone could try to repair it.. I'm sure such a thing would exist. My Dr ...
Hi I tried Dr Wael Sammour in emirates hospital . He is excellent and did a laprascopic operation for me that was v successful . I got his name from another Dr who is a friend of mine , as i was also v confused where to do my operation .
Latest post on 25 April 2019 - 13:40
Sorry to hear you need surgery sunset I would agree with little fox and recommend dr hafeez, he did extreme surgery on me in August last year Even my own gynae who came to the surgery said that her...
I'm just searching for information. I have a hydrosalpinx in my left tube. I'm hoping rather than complete tubal clipping. Someone could try to repair it.. I'm sure such a thing would exist. My Dr conveniently suggested tubal clipping followed by ivf.. I already have a healthy child. Dr hafeezs name popped up while I was searching. Would you be knowing if he's able to help given my situation. I'm just stressed
Latest post on 25 April 2019 - 13:07
Sorry to hear you need surgery sunset I would agree with little fox and recommend dr hafeez, he did extreme surgery on me in August last year Even my own gynae who came to the surgery said that her...
I'm just searching for information. I have a hydrosalpinx in my left tube. I'm hoping rather than complete tubal clipping. Someone could try to repair it.. I'm sure such a thing would exist. My Dr conveniently suggested tubal clipping followed by ivf.. I already have a healthy child. Dr hafeezs name popped up while I was searching. Would you be knowing if he's able to help given my situation. I'm just stressed
Latest post on 13 April 2019 - 12:49
Hi everyone! I need surgery for fibroids again :-( only 4 months after my surgery I had them back and Dr. Hafeez was not in Dubai anymore. I also remember asking him about this same situation happe...
Hi, i am consulting Dr.Hafeez to remove my fibroids & came across your post. Did you have to do the surgery once again?
Latest post on 22 February 2017 - 16:49
For laprascopic dr wael sammour is the best I tried him hi is perfect in terms of knowledge and, operation . I did a v difficult and risky operation w him it was perfect. macaroon62 hi there please can u tell me what surgery u had? actually my case is also very complicated and i am trying to conceive also please tell me you had cyst surgery it was laproscopic or open surgery plzz reply urgent
Latest post on 22 February 2017 - 16:47
Dear All I need to do IVF and I have a small fibroid that I must take it out, Bcuz of IVF I need a very good doc that I heal quickly after! I'm very bothered to do this surgery here! But Bcuz of work I have no choice! Pls recommend a good doctor! Thank u MR2016 dear can u please tell where u had ur surgery and ivf procedure as i am also in the same boat plzz tell dr name n hospital
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:02
For laprascopic dr wael sammour is the best I tried him hi is perfect in terms of knowledge and, operation . I did a v difficult and risky operation w him it was perfect.
Latest post on 07 October 2016 - 13:04
Dear All I need to do IVF and I have a small fibroid that I must take it out, Bcuz of IVF I need a very good doc that I heal quickly after! I'm very bothered to do this surgery here! But Bcuz of work I have no choice! Pls recommend a good doctor! Thank u
Latest post on 15 January 2016 - 00:09
Thanks @ROSIE2121 and @monkeyface, can you tell me more about your scars? I saw a doctor but he wants to do a new scar on my belly button. I need someone to use my old belly button scar and 5-3mm instruments for the rest. I still hate the 10mm scar from my last surgery. I'm petite so I feel it's too big for my belly and it's in a very noticeable place.
Latest post on 13 January 2016 - 19:59
I used Dr.Alexsandra at Cooper clinic on Al Wasl who was fantastic. She operated on my fibroids etc out of the Medicare hospital Al Safa. She's not the cheapest though but definitely worth the money and very conscientious & thorough. I ended up needing a hysterectomy but my insurers Aetna, wouldn't cover her costs for the larger operation so I ended up using Dr.Antony Brignoni at American Hospital. Again I was very pleased and so would definitely recommend
Latest post on 12 January 2016 - 11:38
Hi everyone! I need surgery for fibroids again :-( only 4 months after my surgery I had them back and Dr. Hafeez was not in Dubai anymore. I also remember asking him about this same situation happening and he laughed it off saying it was very unlikely. One of the big reasons I chose him was because he said he would do a UAL (I think this is the name), some clipping of arteries and that it would prevent recurring fibroids but I later found out I never had that done, my DH & I were lied to. These new set of fibroids have me sick with anemia. I am looking for a doctor that will use my old surgery scars. Dr Brittany at mediclinic DHCC removed mine. Over 13 of them, she is v good..
Latest post on 09 January 2016 - 20:42
Hi everyone! I need surgery for fibroids again :-( only 4 months after my surgery I had them back and Dr. Hafeez was not in Dubai anymore. I also remember asking him about this same situation happening and he laughed it off saying it was very unlikely. One of the big reasons I chose him was because he said he would do a UAL (I think this is the name), some clipping of arteries and that it would prevent recurring fibroids but I later found out I never had that done, my DH & I were lied to. These new set of fibroids have me sick with anemia. I am looking for a doctor that will use my old surgery scars.
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 18:42
Hello, This is a little late and I hope you see it sunset. But, I am pretty much in your exact situation....but just one fibroid. I am trying to find the right doctor for me. I have been to Dr. Rajesh and another Dr. in AD. I am just confused. One reason being Dr. Rajesh is asking that I pay an extra thousands of dirhams even though I have insurance and its being covered. I am curious about your experience with Dr. Christian. You mentioned in the thread that you had an appointment...then the next thing you said was you had the surgery with Dr. Hafeez. BTW Dr. Hafeez is MIA...apparently the modern hospital said he is on leave (or something) and do not know when/if he's coming back. So, he is not an option for me right now. I just called Healthbay trying to reach Dr. Jozsa's nurse, but was not able to reach her and left my phone number. Any insights would be helpful. I feel like I'm going in circles :/ i really liked dr christian.... i always "research" and travelled from auh for him..... would recommend him 100%
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 17:16
@la2ad sorry to reply so late but I just saw your post. Did you have surgery already? I never saw Dr. Christian because I went for my appointment with Dr. Hafeez first and decided right there to get surgery with him plus I had already seen about 5 different Doctors and that was enough.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 18:28
Hello, This is a little late and I hope you see it sunset. But, I am pretty much in your exact situation....but just one fibroid. I am trying to find the right doctor for me. I have been to Dr. Rajesh and another Dr. in AD. I am just confused. One reason being Dr. Rajesh is asking that I pay an extra thousands of dirhams even though I have insurance and its being covered. I am curious about your experience with Dr. Christian. You mentioned in the thread that you had an appointment...then the next thing you said was you had the surgery with Dr. Hafeez. BTW Dr. Hafeez is MIA...apparently the modern hospital said he is on leave (or something) and do not know when/if he's coming back. So, he is not an option for me right now. I just called Healthbay trying to reach Dr. Jozsa's nurse, but was not able to reach her and left my phone number. Any insights would be helpful. I feel like I'm going in circles :/
Latest post on 06 October 2013 - 10:48
There is a better way to get rid of fibroids which doesnt involve surgery. Its a non invasive procedure called Uterine Artery Embolization (google the procedure). It is being offered by Dr. Ayman Sibaei in Dubai and by Dr. Khwaja in Sheikh Khalifa Hospital in Abu Dhabi. A friend had got it done and was really happy. Happy to give more info if anyone wants it.
Latest post on 05 October 2013 - 23:28
@busybee2, you are totally right! thanks again :-)
Latest post on 05 October 2013 - 23:26
hi @busybee2, my incisions didn't need stitches, they stick them together with some special tape that stays in place for 2 weeks and you end up with a little line where they made the incisions. I am just a little vain and I hate scars because I already have so many but it's really just a line, the other ones are so tiny they don't bother me at all. DH says I look like I got scratched by a cat HA! I only have stitches inside, on my uterus and they dissolve with time. I am SO grateful everything was done via keyhole. So great that you recovered so fast and amazing to hear you felt great even right after surgery. I needed extra pain meds right after surgery but after those where given to me I felt great :-). I guess everyone is different and recovery varies from one person to another but I feel great now. I started working out and everything, I am still taking it slow because I don't want to ruin anything but keyhole is the way to go! If I ever have kids I would still need to get a C-section but this happens after all myomectomy procedures. edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 no prob getting a csection i have had 2 kids 1 by each. just a different procedure and recovery. but then again i was absolutely fine with the recovery of csection, as i had the babies medical issues to worry about, and the same when i had my impacted wisdom teeth taken out, positive mental attitude is what u need.
Latest post on 05 October 2013 - 23:22
hi @busybee2, my incisions didn't need stitches, they stick them together with some special tape that stays in place for 2 weeks and you end up with a little line where they made the incisions. I am just a little vain and I hate scars because I already have so many but it's really just a line, the other ones are so tiny they don't bother me at all. DH says I look like I got scratched by a cat HA! I only have stitches inside, on my uterus and they dissolve with time. I am SO grateful everything was done via keyhole. So great that you recovered so fast and amazing to hear you felt great even right after surgery. I needed extra pain meds right after surgery but after those where given to me I felt very good :-). I guess everyone is different and recovery varies from one person to another but I feel great now. I started working out and everything, I am still taking it slow because I don't want to ruin anything but keyhole is the way to go! If I ever have kids I would still need to get a C-section but this happens after all myomectomy procedures. edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 <em>edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 05 October 2013 - 22:50
Hello everyone! I am writing this in case someone finds it useful in the future. I had surgery with doctor Hafeez Rahman at the International Modern Hospital on September 18th. DH and I really liked the doctor after meeting him but what I liked the most was being able to see his work on YouTube. They do not honor appointment times, his practice is very busy, so you will have to wait a little before actually seeing the doctor. I think he is worth the wait, the day of my surgery he did a few more, this is something he does routinely, which is very important. It´s been a little over two weeks and I feel great, almost like nothing happened. I had my 2 week post surgery appointment and the ultrasound shows everything is healing fine. They removed my bandages and I have 4 incisions (none of which required stitches), one inside my belly button which you can´t see, two 5mm incisions at each side of my lower belly and a 10mm incision on the top of my belly near my left ribs. The 10 mm incision upsets me because it is the most noticeable and I can't hide it while wearing a bikini but I guess it´s not that bad... I don´t know if the incisions depend on the position of your fibroids, etc. After my follow up appointment I had to get some more blood tests and an urine test. I also got prescribed with hemoglobin and calcium vitamins and I need to see the doc again in 3 months time. Before surgery you have to get blood tests and they also check your heart. I had a pre-op appointment with the anesthesiologist and he assured me I was going to get something to avoid the after surgery nausea which I had no problems with. The day of my surgery I wasn´t able to eat or drink 8-10 hours before. I was very happy to learn they didn´t need to put a urine catheter. I woke up from surgery feeling a lot of pain, similar to having strong cramps but they gave me something for that. They also had to put a blood drain, which later had to be pulled out, I can't even tell you how much that hurt! The gas bothered me just once, a few hours after surgery and the pain made me cry but it never bothered me again. I had to stay one day in the hospital which I felt was necessary. The attention at the hospital was great and all nurses were very friendly and kind. The first few days at home were a little rough. They prescribed me with a few pills but only to be taken for 5 days. After the first 5 days I started to feel way better. I had a little discomfort when peeing but that completely went away after around 11 days. He removed 5 fibroids from my uterus. My MRI report, done at a different place, showed only 4, maybe because I refused the contrast injection. He removed an extra tiny one not shown on my MRI report, he left nothing behind. The biggest myoma was a 9cmx8cm intramural, the rest were subserosal measuring 3cm and less. I've read that the stitching of the uterus is the most difficult part but I have the short video of my surgery and all my stitches look tight and nicely done. For those of you trying to make a decision of where to go, I would definitely recommend Dr. Hafeez Rahman. Again, thank you all for your help. edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 hi glad you came back to comment on what you did. as i said i had the partial hysterotomy via laparoscopic surgery. i had 2 incisions under my c section scar, the other one in my belly button and another small one a little to side, nowhere are they noticable. i was fine to go home right away they didnt let me but i had no issues at all. and just came back to the doc to take out the stiches 1 week later. that was like 6 weeks ago. i was told the procedure for a hysterotomy or myomectomy are the same, it sounds like you are definately having more of a rough time than me, i didnt have any issues at all. a bit of the gas was painful but only in the stomach area quite often it attacks you in the neck area, but that was all that i had.
Latest post on 05 October 2013 - 22:11
Hello everyone! I am writing this in case someone finds it useful in the future. I had surgery with doctor Hafeez Rahman at the International Modern Hospital on September 18th. DH and I really liked the doctor after meeting him but what I liked the most was being able to see his work on YouTube. They do not honor appointment times, his practice is very busy, so you will have to wait a little before actually seeing the doctor. I think he is worth the wait, the day of my surgery he did a few more, this is something he does routinely, which is very important. It´s been a little over two weeks and I feel great, almost like nothing happened. I had my 2 week post surgery appointment and the ultrasound shows everything is healing fine. They removed my bandages and I have 4 incisions (none of which required stitches), one inside my belly button which you can´t see, two 5mm incisions at each side of my lower belly and a 10mm incision on the top of my belly near my left ribs. The 10 mm incision upsets me because it is the most noticeable and I can't hide it while wearing a bikini but I guess it´s not that bad... I don´t know if the incisions depend on the position of your fibroids, etc. After my follow up appointment I had to get some more blood tests and an urine test. I also got prescribed with hemoglobin and calcium vitamins and I need to see the doc again in 3 months time. Before surgery you have to get blood tests and they also check your heart. I had a pre-op appointment with the anesthesiologist and he assured me I was going to get something to avoid the after surgery nausea which I had no problems with. The day of my surgery I wasn´t able to eat or drink 8-10 hours before. I was very happy to learn they didn´t need to put a urine catheter. I woke up from surgery feeling a lot of pain, similar to having strong cramps but they gave me something for that. They also had to put a blood drain, which later had to be pulled out, I can't even tell you how much that hurt! The gas bothered me just once, a few hours after surgery and the pain made me cry but it never bothered me again. I had to stay one day in the hospital which I felt was necessary. The attention at the hospital was great and all nurses were very friendly and kind. The first few days at home were a little rough. They prescribed me with a few pills but only to be taken for 5 days. After the first 5 days I started to feel way better. I had a little discomfort when peeing but that completely went away after around 11 days. He removed 5 fibroids from my uterus. My MRI report, done at a different place, showed only 4, maybe because I refused the contrast injection. He removed an extra tiny one not shown on my MRI report, he left nothing behind. The biggest myoma was a 9cmx8cm intramural, the rest were subserosal measuring 3cm and less. I've read that the stitching of the uterus is the most difficult part but I have the short video of my surgery and all my stitches look tight and nicely done. For those of you trying to make a decision of where to go, I would definitely recommend Dr. Hafeez Rahman. Again, thank you all for your help. edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013 <em>edited by sunset1 on 05/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 19:03
@susa @busybee2, thank you, I have an appointment with Dr. Christian this week. I will post after I choose a doctor and have my surgery done. let me know how you get on with him.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 16:01
@susa @busybee2, thank you, I have an appointment with Dr. Christian this week. I will post after I choose a doctor and have my surgery done.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 13:15
I only had to sign for the laprascopic procedure
Latest post on 31 August 2013 - 19:23
i had both on my form, myomectomy and hysterctomy etc they cost the same and so they were both on the consent form etc
Latest post on 31 August 2013 - 18:29
@susa thanks for the info, do you remember if you had to sign for both laparoscopic Myomectomy and laparotomy (open) myomectomy? @busybee2 thanks again!
Latest post on 30 August 2013 - 14:07
@sunset mine was much bigger, it was 12 cm, the surgery took around 2 hours, i stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. The discomfort that I had was mostly from the gas they use during the procedure in order to inflate the abdomen, after the surgery some of it lingers in your body for a while and that was the painful part, but this happens with every laproscopic procedure in the abdomen. Regarding the Dr I highly recommend him, the surgery was done at City Hospital yes we had the same doctor very nice and extremely experienced at this.
Latest post on 30 August 2013 - 14:06
@sunset mine was much bigger, it was 12 cm, the surgery took around 2 hours, i stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. The discomfort that I had was mostly from the gas they use during the procedure in order to inflate the abdomen, after the surgery some of it lingers in your body for a while and that was the painful part, but this happens with every laproscopic procedure in the abdomen. Regarding the Dr I highly recommend him, the surgery was done at City Hospital yep waiting for the gas to disappear, it can give you a little bit of discomfort on your right hand side and possibily your shoulder.
Latest post on 30 August 2013 - 11:44
@sunset mine was much bigger, it was 12 cm, the surgery took around 2 hours, i stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. The discomfort that I had was mostly from the gas they use during the procedure in order to inflate the abdomen, after the surgery some of it lingers in your body for a while and that was the painful part, but this happens with every laproscopic procedure in the abdomen. Regarding the Dr I highly recommend him, the surgery was done at City Hospital

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY