Schools...I am super confused... | ExpatWoman.com

Schools...I am super confused...

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 00:03
Hello TurkishDervish, I am thinking of sending my daughter to Al Bateen secondary. Are you still very positive about the School? The majority of students has arab native tongue and there are considerable more boys then girls on that school? How is the atmosphere on School? Thanks quote=TurkishDervish'>So I opted for Al Bateen and have to say, I am super impressed. I love that the classes are small 15-18 kids per class, great teachers and superb facilities. They did well in GCSEs so that was encouraging. Overall, school run is a whole lot easier and am very happy with our choice. Thanks busybee2. Now to find the public bus that runs near the school to TCA. bateen is a senior sch only, they had mushrif primary sch working out of same building temporarily but think they should have shifted this sept. yasmina is a 3-18 school so you dont have to move, it depends do you have other kids or just the 1 12 old because then you wouldnt necesarily want them in 2 schools. bateen is a new school and is the only senior sch for aldar on the island. yasmina is off the island. now because its only been open like 1 year, they will still be work in progress etc so you cannot compare same same with yasmina who has been open like 5 years or so. if it was me i would pick bateen, as its an easier commute, you are at the beginning of the senior years, so when it comes to the important exam years, bateen will be up to stratch. i know that all aldar bus pick up points are at a central location depending on where the pupils using the bus are mostly from, so yes you may have to travel to a pick up point etc.
Latest post on 09 September 2013 - 10:28
Looked at the route for 11 and they do pass by street 11. Will take a drive on Friday to see exactly where the bus stop is, and this should make it a whole lot easier. Thanks BB2 maybe look at bus 9 or 11. normally there is a bus stop at the beginning and end of main roads etc
Latest post on 09 September 2013 - 10:14
Looked at the route for 11 and they do pass by street 11. Will take a drive on Friday to see exactly where the bus stop is, and this should make it a whole lot easier. Thanks BB2 maybe look at bus 9 or 11.
Latest post on 09 September 2013 - 09:51
maybe look at bus 9 or 11.
Latest post on 09 September 2013 - 09:49
So I opted for Al Bateen and have to say, I am super impressed. I love that the classes are small 15-18 kids per class, great teachers and superb facilities. They did well in GCSEs so that was encouraging. Overall, school run is a whole lot easier and am very happy with our choice. Thanks busybee2. Now to find the public bus that runs near the school to TCA. bateen is a senior sch only, they had mushrif primary sch working out of same building temporarily but think they should have shifted this sept. yasmina is a 3-18 school so you dont have to move, it depends do you have other kids or just the 1 12 old because then you wouldnt necesarily want them in 2 schools. bateen is a new school and is the only senior sch for aldar on the island. yasmina is off the island. now because its only been open like 1 year, they will still be work in progress etc so you cannot compare same same with yasmina who has been open like 5 years or so. if it was me i would pick bateen, as its an easier commute, you are at the beginning of the senior years, so when it comes to the important exam years, bateen will be up to stratch. i know that all aldar bus pick up points are at a central location depending on where the pupils using the bus are mostly from, so yes you may have to travel to a pick up point etc. yeh nice buildings..... do what is easy for the sch run, roads are fun and games. for the public bus have you looked at the timetables etc.
Latest post on 09 September 2013 - 09:42
So I opted for Al Bateen and have to say, I am super impressed. I love that the classes are small 15-18 kids per class, great teachers and superb facilities. They did well in GCSEs so that was encouraging. Overall, school run is a whole lot easier and am very happy with our choice. Thanks busybee2. Now to find the public bus that runs near the school to TCA. bateen is a senior sch only, they had mushrif primary sch working out of same building temporarily but think they should have shifted this sept. yasmina is a 3-18 school so you dont have to move, it depends do you have other kids or just the 1 12 old because then you wouldnt necesarily want them in 2 schools. bateen is a new school and is the only senior sch for aldar on the island. yasmina is off the island. now because its only been open like 1 year, they will still be work in progress etc so you cannot compare same same with yasmina who has been open like 5 years or so. if it was me i would pick bateen, as its an easier commute, you are at the beginning of the senior years, so when it comes to the important exam years, bateen will be up to stratch. i know that all aldar bus pick up points are at a central location depending on where the pupils using the bus are mostly from, so yes you may have to travel to a pick up point etc.
Latest post on 04 September 2013 - 15:22
Thanks, found it, keeping up with the street numbers is a bit insane, with so many of the smaller roads having the same numbers! etislat is on the corner of 13th and 10th streets (green). blue are the major roads green the inner roads. yes but they are blue and green, the blue being the major outside roads and in the blocks they are green, they are actually changing all the street numbers to names only been done in al nayhan camp area that i have seen, will be done to all abu at some point.
Latest post on 04 September 2013 - 08:21
Thanks, found it, keeping up with the street numbers is a bit insane, with so many of the smaller roads having the same numbers! etislat is on the corner of 13th and 10th streets (green). blue are the major roads green the inner roads.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 22:28
etislat is on the corner of 13th and 10th streets (green). blue are the major roads green the inner roads.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 22:25
bateen is a senior sch only, they had mushrif primary sch working out of same building temporarily but think they should have shifted this sept. yasmina is a 3-18 school so you dont have to move, it depends do you have other kids or just the 1 12 old because then you wouldnt necesarily want them in 2 schools. bateen is a new school and is the only senior sch for aldar on the island. yasmina is off the island. now because its only been open like 1 year, they will still be work in progress etc so you cannot compare same same with yasmina who has been open like 5 years or so. if it was me i would pick bateen, as its an easier commute, you are at the beginning of the senior years, so when it comes to the important exam years, bateen will be up to stratch. i know that all aldar bus pick up points are at a central location depending on where the pupils using the bus are mostly from, so yes you may have to travel to a pick up point etc.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 20:30
OK, so if I google this Etisalat building, it is between 9th street and Al Falah 9th Str, and 6th and 8th. Am I correct? It seems to be about 1km from my house. Thanks for that. Any thoughts on whether Yasmina is worth the extra travel time and effort as opposed to Bateen? Bateen seems have better ECAs but not sure how strong they are academically. I have read the ADEC report and they had a very good rating so that is why I cannot decide, and I have to by tomorrow as I need to get uniforms sorted. for yasmina the bus stop is up by the municipality building which is located off 8th st (salam) the etislat building. municipality building is located between 6th and 8th, go past fahal municipality is on left hand side, up to the next traffic lights turn left at the next traffic lights the etislat building is there on the corner, with the municipality still behind it.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 15:37
for yasmina the bus stop is up by the municipality building which is located off 8th st (salam) the etislat building. municipality building is located between 6th and 8th, go past fahal municipality is on left hand side, up to the next traffic lights turn left at the next traffic lights the etislat building is there on the corner, with the municipality still behind it.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 15:33
tell me where they are saying and i will see if i know.
Latest post on 02 September 2013 - 13:32
Does anyone have any info on the Brighton Bus service, like the bus route for Tourist Club Area? Does anyone have any idea where the exact location for Al Yasmina bus stop is, in TCA because the directions on the website don't help me as a newbie...I have no idea where these building are. Does anyone have any information on a bus service for Al Bateen? I have written and tried calling the schools but not much luck. Can't decide on which school, have a place at Al Yasmina for my 12 year old but bus can't do drop off close by my residence, so now I have to look at on-island schools. Any parent of Brighten/Bateen children in Secondary? School reviews? TIA