Aaaaagrh | ExpatWoman.com

Aaaaagrh

Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 14:56
Contrary to popular belief, the job market has become quiet challenging in Dubai. On one hand you have an unlimited number of people who are willing to work for virtually any amount (still a great sum if converted into their home currency) and on the other hand you have job roles that would have gone to Western Expats but due to a recent surge of talented Arabic speaking employees (ie caused by arab spring), many have altered their recruitment profiles. Ask recruiters and they will tell you that this latest economic boom is completely different then previous ones. Thr "expat package" is virtually gone (unless you are a CEO/Director), companies are recruiting fewer if any workers without GCC experience, very challenging job market for workers above 50+, and jobs that would have paid 15-20K previously are now paying 5-10K. The few areas that are still paying decent wages for PA's and EA's would be the legal sector in DIFC. I'd recommend cold calling a few of the big lawfirms as many dont advertise their opening online. It worked out for a friend of mine just a month ago. Best of luck ladies! Job hunting no matter where you are at is never fun.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:37
A lot of companies dont even post their jobs with head hunters anymore. Try going to the different business councils websites. They usually post jobs for their members. I got my part time PA's position through one of them. Google "Business Council uae" and you will get a list of most major BC's. In the meantime : SIG Combibloc Obeikan FZCO were looking for a PA for their CFO. send your c.v to sheena dot chacko at sig.biz Oh yes! Also try the consulates....Good Luck!
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:24
Join the party. I was made redundant in July and have been looking ever since. Trying for the same type of role, or even roles I carried out years ago and still no luck. :( Same here & have been looking since late June - only have a couple more weeks of work here left, then I'll get my final paycheck. Trying to get into something slightly different, but still using the same basic skills. Keep being told things should pick up this month, though. We'll see... Good luck, ladies! Hopefully things will turn around this month for all. <em>edited by laurelm on 03/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:22
Sounds like we've got some suitable vacancies on here for you- have a browse through nd we wish you the best of luck! http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx Thanks Admin, one of the jobs I mentioned was found through here. Interview and then nothing. Same thing happen to me with a EW job ad, applied heard nothing, chased up and still nothing - then was told from a source that they withdrew the job!! So ****** annoying
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:19
If it is over 55 then people are probably hesitant to hire you as it's quite hard to get visa for people once they are over 60, i know it sounds really harsh but that's the sad truth of it. I've got 6 good years left to work here though and I'm on DH sponsorship
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:17
If it is over 55 then people are probably hesitant to hire you as it's quite hard to get visa for people once they are over 60, i know it sounds really harsh but that's the sad truth of it.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:16
What sites are you looking at? have you tried secsinthecity and also michael page... Done Michael Page. Someone rang me and once they had asked my age, said they would get a colleague to call back......... Haven't tried the other one yet how old are you? If I say mid 50's that almost right give or take a year :)
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:15
What sites are you looking at? have you tried secsinthecity and also michael page... Done Michael Page. Someone rang me and once they had asked my age, said they would get a colleague to call back......... Haven't tried the other one yet how old are you?
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:09
Sounds like we've got some suitable vacancies on here for you- have a browse through nd we wish you the best of luck! http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx Thanks Admin, one of the jobs I mentioned was found through here. Interview and then nothing.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:08
Jobs and wanting a job are magmatic opposites. I searched for a new one for a long time before giving up. Alhumdulilah I have a great job and DH, but if I didnt I would have left by now. There's only so much one can smack their head against a wall (which is what job hunting feels like!) before they ask for a wall free room. Start applying for jobs in your home country to be on the safe side, in case the time comes and you're still getting thanks but no replies. My friend found one after looking for just 18 months. I is low paid and long hours though, so once her contract is done she i putting her AE dream to bed. Good luck... We only came out here as we'd both been out of work in our home country due to redundancy for 2 years in DH case. He's got a reasonably good position, but we need to keep our property going back there. Unfortunately when you get to a certain age, it's a problem getting a job anywhere.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:06
I can feel your pain. I applied at Al Futtaim, got my application under review, called for interview only to get my hopes up. In the end, they said the job posted was for internal employees. What a shame. I do have application at Emirates Airlines. I applied last March, application still under review up until now. My friends told me that it means they are considering my application but hey it's been 6 months already and heard nothing, nada.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:06
What sites are you looking at? have you tried secsinthecity and also michael page... Done Michael Page. Someone rang me and once they had asked my age, said they would get a colleague to call back......... Haven't tried the other one yet
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 13:04
Sounds like we've got some suitable vacancies on here for you- have a browse through nd we wish you the best of luck! http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 12:59
What sites are you looking at? have you tried secsinthecity and also michael page...
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 12:51
Can share your pain...went for interview for same, thought it went brilliant as have experience in exactly the field required, local knowledge, etc...Never heardback again, so called agency and found out they hired another nationality as she would do same work for much less money. Go figure.
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 12:42
Join the party. I was made redundant in July and have been looking ever since. Trying for the same type of role, or even roles I carried out years ago and still no luck. :(
Latest post on 03 September 2013 - 12:34
what are you looking for?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY