Boxer Dog | ExpatWoman.com

Boxer Dog

Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 10:00

Can anyone advise me where I can find or buy a boxer.

Latest post on 05 January 2014 - 01:35
I'm totally against neuter or spaying the animals as this is against animal rights Thanks Says it all really.........:( Try telling that to all the unwanted litters of cats and dogs roaming the streets........ To heck with worrying about your next meal or the fact that at 6 months you will have a litter of your own that no one wants......but your rights are all intact!!!! PLEASE don't confuse the fact that you don't believe in neutering animals with ANIMAL RIGHTS.......That said are you quite happy for your pups to be bred over and over again with no thought given to dilution of their bloodline...how do you propose to control this? Getting back to one important question , are you selling the pups or giving them away? <em>edited by Nomad on 05/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 January 2014 - 00:25
Your ad has been referred to in a post by Eleanorha. Probably a good idea to clear up the possibly that you are either wanting to sell the puppies or are you going to give them away. Just a question.....how are you going to make sure that these pups go to good homes and not backyard breeders or heaven forbid to a pet shop ? Not having a go at you .I only support ethical breeding which is not only the actual breeding of good blood lines but also very intensive scrutiny of who is buying the pup .A contract and follow up that these pups will not become breeding stock, that is proof that they have been spayed/neutered at 6 months of age. Dubai overflowing with pets, many pedigree, that have been thrown away. In this transient society many don't realize that an animal is a commitment for the rest if it's life sometimes up to 20+ years.
Latest post on 04 January 2014 - 22:14
Before you all jump on the poster, nowhere did she state she is selling the puppies. Yes she may be but she has not stated that in writing, therefore she does not need a license. And as far as i am concerned someone who actually has thought about the breed/bloodlines/home raising pups is a far superior choice to any pet shop and pet farmed puppies. True but if she is not charging a fee for the pups one has to be very cautious about who you give these pups to,backyard breeders would love to get hold of one of them......for free or even for a fee....:( <em>edited by Nomad on 04/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 04 January 2014 - 14:37
Good point, Lolacat, but if she's not charging then maybe she should state that to clarify and save herself a flaming.
Latest post on 04 January 2014 - 13:15
Before you all jump on the poster, nowhere did she state she is selling the puppies. Yes she may be but she has not stated that in writing, therefore she does not need a license. And as far as i am concerned someone who actually has thought about the breed/bloodlines/home raising pups is a far superior choice to any pet shop and pet farmed puppies.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 20:38
There are a number of threads on here about this very subject,just put in a search buying puppies etc. As FD said there are NO authorized breeders of dogs/ cats in the UAE,they are only available form pet shops and these come from VERY questionable backgrounds.Generally from Eastern European countries with lax animal rights laws. If you are set on a particular breed then source one from an ethical breeder from a country that has strong animal rights laws.It has been done by a number of EW ladies,just search for the relevant threads. It is all very well for some to come down on others for suggesting a look at the animal rescue organizations before buying BUT it is a very sad fact that DXB is bursting at the seams with unwanted pets that get abandoned when they either grow up, start costing too much to keep, or their owner gets a quote to take the animal with them when they leave.Suddenly they are disposable.........thus there are any number of pure bred animals at the shelters for rehoming. @ hoot your argument of a pet adoption versus a child adoption is so way off here, in fact if pet ownership were in anyway the same we would have a lot less abandoned pets on the streets today
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 14:07
FairyDust very balanced. I myself got a rescue and love the breed so much I would prefer to get only this breed in future, but will always go for rescue. And adult Plus if anyone is desperate for a puppy - for whatever reason, often the dogs for rescue are as young as 5 / 6 months - technically still a puppy. I am very happy to take someone else's unwanted dog - and have found that I have been able to 'bring around' even the most troublesome pet with the help of other owners and also trainers. The shelters often rescue pregnant dogs about to give birth or a ***** with tiny pups. They will home them as soon as they are old enough to leave their mother. Sorry I was only referring to a female dog but they starred it! <em>edited by March on 17/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 14:05
Can anyone advise me where I can find or buy a boxer. Buy? Not in Dubai, certainly. The large majority of the pure-breed dogs in pet stores here are imported from (often Eastern European) puppy mills. Not only are they badly bred, they often have other health issues and the mother dogs lead absolutely horrible lives. Your best bet is to go on the waitlist at all the animal rescues for a surrendered or rescued boxer or import one from Europe that comes from a reputable breeder
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 13:11
FairyDust very balanced. I myself got a rescue and love the breed so much I would prefer to get only this breed in future, but will always go for rescue. And adult Plus if anyone is desperate for a puppy - for whatever reason, often the dogs for rescue are as young as 5 / 6 months - technically still a puppy. I am very happy to take someone else's unwanted dog - and have found that I have been able to 'bring around' even the most troublesome pet with the help of other owners and also trainers.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 13:07
Ok, I will try to give a balanced reply on a subject which is very emotive to many - including myself. Sadly there are no ethical breeders in the UAE. I totally understand that some people want a specific breed of dog and that is fine - just do the research properly and source one from an ethical breeder with good credentials. I do not like it when people say 'why should someone take on someone else's unwanted pet' - this is an animal, with a soul and feelings you're talking about!!!! Animals are not things people can just toss aside and throw away like rubbish once they've had enough of them - which is why the shelters and rescue organisations have so many dogs in need of homes in the first place! Many people will have a certain dog in mind, but trust me when I say, having an open mind and an open heart and many dogs actually choose YOU, not the other way around. Before anyone even considers getting a pet - you simply MUST be aware that, that animal is for life. It's not a part time pet, nor a fashion accessory. Pets cost money and lots of it! You must make provision for vet bills and travel costs for when you leave - on average to take a pet with you can be anywhere from 10,000 - 20,000 Dhs and above when you leave the UAE. Air fares, kenneling, quarantine etc etc Now, you must also bear in mind that if you choose a certain breed, you must realistically look at how to take that animal with you. Many airlines refuse to fly short nosed dogs, because of the health risks involved - so, can you take a boxer with you if and when you leave? Research it! There are many places to look for animals here away from the pet shops - whch are just vile: K9 SCAD - Sharjah Cats and Dogs Shelter Dubai Dogs Trust Animal Action Abu Dhabi RAK Animal Welfare group Those are just for starters. <em>edited by FairyDust on 17/09/2013</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 13:05
Forever21 back to you and your question, do you have the information you need?
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:39
Actually, I did adopt some of my children, and I fail to see why you would even equate the two. My issue was no one had talked about not buying a dog, but rather had given useful info of where to find one as per part of the question. If you can answer the part of the question about buying a dog, then please be free to do so. As for jumping down people's throats, well, I will leave that to you, as you seem to be doing a good job of it already.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:36
IzzyOnTheseat Are you aware all of your posts are recorded and everyone can read through them? I notice you often use language that sounds to me accusatory and sarcastic towards others. Words like 'nonsense' and 'how dare you' are belittling and putting someone else down. I am genuinely trying to help someone make an informed decision. If you don't like what I am saying I am fine with that. But do watch your tone please. And perhaps read the rules in this forum. NO - telling people that real animal lovers take rescue dogs - is NOT giving them information to make an informed decision; it's a form of emotional blackmail and is neither factual or correct, as people can love animals and buy them from a reputable source. And while we are on the subject of tone - telling posters to shut up and zip it, i don't think falls into the rules of the forum....
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:36
Lots of cute puppies at K9 friends looking at their puppy album - but sadly nothing ressembling a boxer just now!
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:23
hoots are you a breeder or something? The person asked where she could [u'>find[/u'> or buy a boxer and she was given different options of where maybe to find one. I do not know where to buy one, so I answered only as regards where to find one, which I assume is what the other posters did too. And who said anything about a puppy? If one was to [u'>buy[/u'> a dog (as the OP has part asked) then i think its safe to assume that it would be a puppy not a dog as you dont 'buy' a rescue dog do you? Im not a breeder but if I was to buy a dog I would want it from a puppy because its my choice to choose and never would I feel guilty about buying a puppy instead of going to a canine shelter.. Did you adopt a child instead of having your own? Same difference. When a person posts a question, is it really necessary to always jump down their throats?
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:20
IzzyOnTheseat Are you aware all of your posts are recorded and everyone can read through them? I notice you often use language that sounds to me accusatory and sarcastic towards others. Words like 'nonsense' and 'how dare you' are belittling and putting someone else down. I am genuinely trying to help someone make an informed decision. If you don't like what I am saying I am fine with that. But do watch your tone please. And perhaps read the rules in this forum.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 12:00
Forever21, if you are an animal lover and want to do something positive for dogs, before buying a puppy in this country I would do a lot of research. Apparently - from feedback from many other dog owners, the practices used to import pure breeds are not good, and often you get puppies that have been taken away from their mothers way too soon, leading to serious health issues later in life. Sometimes they come from puppy breeding factories where the best way to describe how they treat their animals is cruelty. You might want to give some thought as to whether you want to support these people by giving them your money. Also you have no idea what conditions they travelled in to get here. There are many pure breeds available for adoption as so many people here abandon their dogs. In all likelihood you will find a boxer if that is what you would like. Best of luck with it.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 11:43
hoots are you a breeder or something? The person asked where she could [u'>find[/u'> or buy a boxer and she was given different options of where maybe to find one. I do not know where to buy one, so I answered only as regards where to find one, which I assume is what the other posters did too. And who said anything about a puppy?
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 11:42
hoots because if you love animals, you will give a rescue a go. Especially if you can find the breed you want. Not at all. you can love animals and want a kitten / puppy.... what nonsense.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 11:40
hoots because if you love animals, you will give a rescue a go. Especially if you can find the breed you want.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 11:30
Can anyone advise me where I can find or buy a boxer. Almost like its a crime to want to buy a dog these days. Why should people have to take other peoples unwanted pets from the shelter just because they were too selfish to look after them? Some people actually want a dog from a puppy to enjoy the whole experience.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 10:55
The group animal action abu dhabi (they are on facebook) which is made up of volunteers, sometimes have such dogs that are abandoned and they are looking to find a home for. But, as others have said, maybe consider other dogs. They all need a loving home
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 10:41
I agree with the comment about K9 and maybe also check other organisations. Regarding Boxers being stub nosed and having problems I don't entirely agree. I have two pure breed Boxers and they are very healthy and don't have any problem with the climate. We do however take it easy with them during the hottest months. Very early and Very late walks only but they take themselves into garden frequently even in July/August. Both don't know any different as one was born here and the other I adopted from a family who brought him in from abroad at 4 months. @forever 21: Please look at the shelters first, there are Boxers to be found sometimes and if not please consider a different dog that will steal your heart :-)
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 10:08
Please think about this carefully as breeds like boxers (with squidged noses - don't know technical term) have issues in regulating their body temperatures so can be really uncomfortable for them here.
Latest post on 17 September 2013 - 10:07
Can anyone advise me where I can find or buy a boxer. Can you not try K9 I imagine there are lots of unwanted pooches there that need a good home

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY