Worth a vaccination? | ExpatWoman.com

Worth a vaccination?

Latest post on 02 October 2013 - 18:44
Please don't try and take it without a cage/carrier.....a scratch from a stray can be very painful !! And not too clean..... If it is completely tame and is an abandoned pet then get a pet carrier ( I am sure someone on the board can loan you one) if it is feral borrow a trap from Feline Friends or Bin Kitty Collective,they will show you how to operate it. I used to have a few pairs of oven gloves at the ready for these jobs :) It is great that you are taking the time to care.
Latest post on 02 October 2013 - 18:27
By 'whole package' I meant are you adopting an outside cat. OK so you are keeping it semi feral which is fine,I would definitely take it yearly for vaccination and check ups at the vet,to maintain good health.
Latest post on 02 October 2013 - 18:13
I think that firstly you must decide, are you going to take responsibility for the cat? ie are you feeding it regularly or is it bin diving.Will you be taking care of the cat if and when you move.Taking on an animal is a commitment for the rest of that animals life.......not just something for the kids to pet until they get tired of it like a toy. As was mentioned to you earlier it shouldn't just rest on the costs of vaccination it is the whole package. If it were me YES I would vaccinate,broken down over a year it works out at a few dirhams a month,for peace of mind. Get a check up done with the vaccination that way the vet can see if there is anything else you should be concerned about. <em>edited by Nomad on 02/10/2013</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY