Leave A/C on when going away on vacation? | ExpatWoman.com

Leave A/C on when going away on vacation?

Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 20:04
We never leave the AC's on and have not had any problems though it does take an entire day at least for the house to cool down when we come back from vacation.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 16:14
Never have left it on and haven't had any problems...
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 12:56
Always leave it on low unless its the winter. The once I didn't , we came home to separated cosmetics, congealed food stuffs and it took a good day to cool the house down.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 10:52
Is it safe to leave A/C on when going away for a couple of weeks? I have someone dropping in every day to feed my cats and will be leaving one unit on, does anyone else do this? Never do and the longest I have been away for is a month I have never had an issues upon my return
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 09:41
We leave ours on low setting, you don't want mold and warped furniture!
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 02:50
We leave it on a low setting, and at 22 degrees. Winter shouldnt be an issue thou. I suppose it all depends how well the A/c units work and have they be maintained.
Latest post on 02 October 2013 - 22:01
We've always left ours on when we're away, we turn them up to 28C. It probably isn't necessary in the winter months, but definitely over the summer months, otherwise you might come back to mould growing up your walls!
Latest post on 02 October 2013 - 21:50
Is it safe to leave A/C on when going away for a couple of weeks? I have someone dropping in every day to feed my cats and will be leaving one unit on, does anyone else do this?