Where to buy abayas? | ExpatWoman.com

Where to buy abayas?

Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 13:49

Hi,
Does anyone know where to buy abayas?

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 15:04
mypinkhijab.com and annahariri.com
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 20:00
I tailor my abayas from Hanayen for 250 dirhams (plain style, Saudi crepe textile). I don't know why there are so many expensive abayas quoted in this thread.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 10:09
A friend of mine mentioned that nada fabric is cool for the hot summers, but now that it will be cooler, prefers Japanese saloona. She says it is a very rich black color, compared to nada which is a faded black. She also said not to get Korean saloona since it will turn shiny. Internet is a heavier choice for fall too but tends to be a bit rougher fabric. Can anyone recommend a tailor in the abaya market in mirdif? Thanks
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 20:26
I buy all my abayas from Ajman very good quality and I spend less than 300 dirhams. If that's too far, than I'd suggest you check the new building in Naïf Souk. It's near the police station. Abayas range no more than 200. Remember to bargain. Hi, LuLee. Could I ask where in Ajman is good to buy? Many thanks :-)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 16:57
Marroosh, why are the stretchy fabric ones no good? They stretch out very fast and loose their shape plus they really cling. I also find I get hot very quickly in them, I prefer the nada fabric, much lighter. I agree. There is also another good fabric "Internet", which is thicker and stronger - good for winter or if you don't want to wear much underneath in the middle of summer.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 16:54
Given my one and only abaya as a present and only wear it when I need to go to the shops and cannot be bothered to change out of my shorts! or my PJs!
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 16:33
I always buy my abayas from Bin Sougat Centre in Rashidiya, a shop called Al Hadayeh. Their prices are sooooo good, for my really really fancy ones with different colors and lace and drop waist etc. (for visiting homes, not for going out in) i pay less that 500. Black only with some nice black embroidery will set you back 400 or less, and the quality is outstanding. Since i found them I've never gone anywhere else. Of course all made to order, you just choose the design you like from what they have or bring your own!
Latest post on 11 October 2014 - 23:36
Neda fabric abayas are very light soft and breezy fit for the hot climate in U.A.E. There are different quality neda fabrics. I usually love neda fabric abayas in Arabic models which is loose and big sleeved type that is in trend nowadays. And I normally get all my abayas from www.sandapple.com as they provide at very cheap reasonable prices and they have beautiful models. As they have a great sale going on now i got abayas at great bargain price. https://www.facebook.com/Sandapple.Fashion
Latest post on 02 November 2013 - 20:32
My first abaya cost 250 dirhams, I got it from Sweet Lady, 2nd floor, Beach a Centre. I got one from a tailor in Satwa for 250, also. Both were plain black.. Hi EmmaRitz, is this shop still there as I need to get an abaya made before end of month, will that be possible do you think? I'd like to have some bling on the arms as well, but will that hugely increase cost? TIA P
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 11:18
I like the ones that locals wear. Then you are looking a high end designs Dh 6,000 + Agree thoroughly. Probably a tad bit higher about Dh 8,000 onwards.
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 10:54
Given my one and only abaya as a present and only wear it when I need to go to the shops and cannot be bothered to change out of my shorts!
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 10:48
I asked my middle class Emirati friend and she suggested Golden Chance Abaya tailors in Satwa. They give me additional discount due to my dad's ethnic heritage. But I'd love to tag along with EmmaRitz's SIL!! My upper class Emirati friends get their abayas made either at First Lady (Pink Mall) or Elite Fashions (Palm Strip Mall), but Tousih in The Village Mall is apparently the bee's knees.
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 10:03
My first abaya cost 250 dirhams, I got it from Sweet Lady, 2nd floor, Beach a Centre. I got one from a tailor in Satwa for 250, also. Both were plain black. But many go to Sharjah/UAQ for abayas, as you can get them very detailed for less than 500. I myself have not been as my SIL organizes my abayas for me as she is a designer and actually knows what is fashionable (unlike me, fashion flop! :-P). But for lower prices with more detailing, go for a drive near Lulu Centre in Sharjah. That's what a woman I spoke to last year said.
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 09:37
I like the ones that locals wear. Then you are looking a high end designs Dh 6,000 +
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 09:04
Hey maroosh, I am driving and I live in the palm so can you give me directions please? Many thanks I only know how to get there by metro sorry! I don't drive... Maybe the other ladies know? For directions to the naif souq abaya mall, which is the most reasonable place around town to get abayas, if you type in Al Manal Centre in maps.google.com it is the mall right across the street from it. I always park in the Manal Center parking garage, I believe it's 5 aed per hour. It's also next to Al Ghurair mosque, which you can see on the map. The souk itself has parking underneath.
Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 00:25
Hey maroosh, I am driving and I live in the palm so can you give me directions please? Many thanks I only know how to get there by metro sorry! I don't drive... Maybe the other ladies know? For directions to the naif souq abaya mall, which is the most reasonable place around town to get abayas, if you type in Al Manal Centre in maps.google.com it is the mall right across the street from it. I always park in the Manal Center parking garage, I believe it's 5 aed per hour. It's also next to Al Ghurair mosque, which you can see on the map.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 22:49
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. 8k? Hope that was a typo :-) I also hope so Ladie$, ladie$... You forget there are people who live in a different world of their own. Well, I find the budget with minimum average of Dh10,000 works out just nice for me. Quite unbelievable ! <em>edited by Alaingirl on 03/10/2013</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 22:35
Hey maroosh, I am driving and I live in the palm so can you give me directions please? Many thanks I only know how to get there by metro sorry! I don't drive... Maybe the other ladies know?
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 22:34
Hey maroosh, I am driving and I live in the palm so can you give me directions please? Many thanks
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 22:29
Thank you ladies. You are really helpful. I don't really know the budget of a nice abaya here. I'm comparing it to my hometown Egypt. You can get a nice abaya from a well known shop within a range of 1000 to 2000 which is aroun 500 - 1000 Dhs. I thought abayas would be nicer & cheaper here since they are much more popular. Motahajiba here is way over priced they sell the exact same abayas in Egypt for half price. I don't like the stretch ones neither the ones with the swarsovki or any beads. I like a plain black abaya with a cute modern design. I'm fascinated by the abayas of young emiraties but Im too shy to stop a stranger & ask her about her outfit Your style is like mine. I have found a few in Nayef, have a look there. Are you driving or do you travel by metro?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 22:28
Marroosh, why are the stretchy fabric ones no good? They stretch out very fast and loose their shape plus they really cling. I also find I get hot very quickly in them, I prefer the nada fabric, much lighter.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 19:07
Thank you ladies. You are really helpful. I don't really know the budget of a nice abaya here. I'm comparing it to my hometown Egypt. You can get a nice abaya from a well known shop within a range of 1000 to 2000 which is aroun 500 - 1000 Dhs. I thought abayas would be nicer & cheaper here since they are much more popular. Motahajiba here is way over priced they sell the exact same abayas in Egypt for half price. I don't like the stretch ones neither the ones with the swarsovki or any beads. I like a plain black abaya with a cute modern design. I'm fascinated by the abayas of young emiraties but Im too shy to stop a stranger & ask her about her outfit
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:35
Marroosh, why are the stretchy fabric ones no good?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:34
You can have a look in Souq Naif as well. But not very suitable for tall people I can barely find anything long enough. Hanayen is very expensive, you can only buy a straight simple black abaya there for 300, but it is good quality. It won't cost a minimum of 8000 to buy a nice abaya there but since they do put swarovski on pretty much all of them, it does tend to get pricey. If you go to Bedoon Esm (FC, Marina Mall) or Al Motahajiba (Dubai Mall, Town Center Dubai on Beach Road) you can find some decent ones, but again mainly plain. I don't spend much on my abayas because I go for plain black with maybe just some black lace. Don't get the stretchy fabric ones if you go to Souq Naif. They're no good.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:18
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. 8k? Hope that was a typo :-) I also hope so Ladie$, ladie$... You forget there are people who live in a different world of their own. And where is that world :-S
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:12
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. Yikes! That is one expensive abaya, but that does not surprise me. Some of the abayas in the malls look really, really expensive...
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:12
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. 8k? Hope that was a typo :-) I also hope so Ladie$, ladie$... You forget there are people who live in a different world of their own. Well, I find the budget with minimum average of Dh10,000 works out just nice for me.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 18:04
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. 8k? Hope that was a typo :-) I also hope so Ladie$, ladie$... You forget there are people who live in a different world of their own.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 17:22
I buy all my abayas from Ajman very good quality and I spend less than 300 dirhams. If that's too far, than I'd suggest you check the new building in Naïf Souk. It's near the police station. Abayas range no more than 200. Remember to bargain.
Latest post on 03 October 2013 - 17:19
I think my budget is around 300 Dhs. Is this reasonable or too low? DD's cheapest abaya was Dh8,000 which makes me think that yours is a low budget. She always buys from Hanayen. 8k? Hope that was a typo :-) I also hope so

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY