Clarity on process of hiring a maid here (DXB) on Tourist visa... | ExpatWoman.com

Clarity on process of hiring a maid here (DXB) on Tourist visa...

Latest post on 04 October 2013 - 21:35

We are wanting to confirm employment for a lady we interviewed today. But before going ahead with this, wanted to check what the process was on transferring Tourist visa to employment visa.

She is Sri Lankan. I know that the first step in an entry permit. There would also probably need to be a visa run. After obtaining a entry permit, is it sufficient to drive to Oman and re-enter on the entry permit? Do Sri Lankans need a visa to enter Oman?

Any info or step by step process would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 22:20
Can this work for a filipino on a visit visa as well? Or will the ban affect all this?
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 23:19
Thanks so much this thread is super useful. For the in-out, will a drive to Oman border suffice, I really dont want to spend so much on air tickets :\ No it is not possible, she needs a visa to enter Oman if you drive to Oman, & some rules changed in Jan 2014, double check, I think they cant issue the visa if the maid is here & it takes 2-3 days from the day of exit to issue her visa, she might need to go to kish not Oman & stay there for few days
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 22:03
Thanks so much this thread is super useful. For the in-out, will a drive to Oman border suffice, I really dont want to spend so much on air tickets :\
Latest post on 03 April 2014 - 10:24
Thankyou so much for clear information,I got help from one of the professional typing centre in Mazaya called The One Documents,they helped me in each step.
Latest post on 20 January 2014 - 12:09
hi All. Can anyone please help with some further information on this thread. We have found a Sri Lankan maid that we would like to hire. She is currently employed here in Dubai on a residence visa which expires at the end of this month and her sponsor would like to cancel her visa. I would then like to hire her. What I can't figure out is can she stay in the country during the process or does she have to leave and come back? She has a medical certificate that was done in November 2012 and attested etc. Does that mean we can just apply for new visa once her old visa is cancelled without her leaving the country? If anyone has information please share, it is all so confusing! Thank you :)
Latest post on 04 November 2013 - 12:06
I can second the information below. I am just back from the airport this morning. Our maid flew out and back to Muscat on FlyDubai with less than an hour between flights and all was well. We had the entry permit sorted before she left, she departed before her tourist visa expired, and now we are set to get medicals done. Check in staff would not give her the return boarding pass but she was able to get this at the boarding gate in Muscat. Works well! I booked the flight directly myself on the airline website and went with her to check in, it was very smooth. One other tip - if you are waiting around for your maid to re-enter and you use FlyDubai, you will be at terminal 2 in Dubai. I highly recommend staying in departures as they have plenty of seating, it isn't busy, as well as two different coffee places and the fitout is all new. Arrivals has a lot of construction at the moment and one very old and small coffee shop.
Latest post on 29 October 2013 - 20:42
Mods… would it be possible to peg this thread as I think the info will come useful to many more in the future and will be easy to locate if pegged to the board. Thanks :)
Latest post on 29 October 2013 - 20:41
Thanks blimey. Does that mean she must leave before the tourist visa expiry, even though we have the entry permit done? Yes, she will have to. Mine did her flight to Muscat today with FlyDubai. Very straight forward. The checkin staff issued both boarding cards for her in Dubai and told her to keep her pink slip with her at all times. When she landed in Muscat, the crew told her to remain on the flight, which I must admit was relieving to hear as I was concerned about her going through transit and then getting lost and missing the flight. SHe came back to Dubai a few hours later, tonight intact, just got back from the airport an hour ago and all ready for the next step of medical, etc. This was definitely a lot smoother than I thought it would be.
Latest post on 24 October 2013 - 08:52
Thanks blimey. Does that mean she must leave before the tourist visa expiry, even though we have the entry permit done? Yes, she will have to unfortunately. Since she has the entry permit already, you can get her to fly out and in immediately. About 700 either to Muscat or Kish. Show the pink slip to the immigration only when she arrive back ;-)
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 17:22
Thanks blimey. Does that mean she must leave before the tourist visa expiry, even though we have the entry permit done?
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 12:37
Your info was really useful, thanks Teftee. I obtained the entry permit for my maid yesterday and now will book flight to Oman. Based on the pink slip, it appears to be valid for 60 days, thus I assume we have to do her flight within 60 days, or do we still have to do this before her tourist visa expires? Appreciate anyone's advice on this so I don't let it go too long if there are any related issues. Also, once she is back, do we just proceed straight away with the medicals (she is Filipina) or do we need to do anything else before the medicals? TIA My maid left the country the day before her tourist visa expired. She exit as normal....do not show the pink slip. She only show the pink slip at the immigration counter. Only then we did her medical and visa process. You don't have to do it right away of course as you do have 60 days to do it ;-)
Latest post on 23 October 2013 - 08:53
Your info was really useful, thanks Teftee. I obtained the entry permit for my maid yesterday and now will book flight to Oman. Based on the pink slip, it appears to be valid for 60 days, thus I assume we have to do her flight within 60 days, or do we still have to do this before her tourist visa expires? Appreciate anyone's advice on this so I don't let it go too long if there are any related issues. Also, once she is back, do we just proceed straight away with the medicals (she is Filipina) or do we need to do anything else before the medicals? TIA
Latest post on 12 October 2013 - 09:42
Yes, I heard about the medical thing when interviewing the maid we've hired. She said she had done the required medical in Sri Lanka before she left. So luckily I wont need to send her back to Sri Lanka as not prepared to pay more money out to hire her... meaning to the Sri Lankan Embassy.
Latest post on 10 October 2013 - 14:26
I am doing the same research so very relieved I saw your post! The only issue is though that now Sri Lankan maids need to have a medical done in Sri Lanka ( a UAE requirement). Has your maid already done this? I don't want to have to send the maid we have interviewed back to Sri Lanka as the Sri Lankan embassy also now require a Sri Lankan contract plus a non- refundable deposit ....all amounting to an extra aed 1475. Plus the maid needs to give aed 300 before she departs as insurance to her family. I think all this can be avoided if she does the medical before arriving on a tourist visa and then can go ahead and do a visa run to Oman once her new entry permit is applied for- any ideas if this works? I have also heard of visa runs to Hatta working....perhaps a risk but big cost saving! All a bit mind boggling!
Latest post on 08 October 2013 - 15:42
So I've spent some time researching this and now know what the options are and thought I'd share in case someone else might need to know for future use. Option 1 - Maid is on Tourist visa and you send her to Kish Island and wait for pink slip / entry permit for employment visa. Phone Kishtravel (04 272 7010) to make the flight booking as well as hotel booking. Payment is Aed 697 for the flight and Aed 300 is paid in advance to hotel for hotel stay, which is shared accommodation. Each night spent at the hotel is Aed 40.00 and includes a breakfast. All other meals would need to be paid for. This also includes transfer to and from hotel. On top of this a deposit of Aed 1500.00 is given at Dubai Terminal 2. This is refunded when maid lands back in Dubai. Once maid has exited Dubai, you then proceed to DNRD and hand in the necessary paperwork to receive the pink slip. This will be issued when the system shows that the maid has exited Dubai, and once received maid can return back to Dubai. Ticket back is open and therefore there should not be too much hassle to get her back to Dubai, obviously depending on seat availability on Kish Airlines. Option 2 - Maid is on Tourist visa and you want to receive pink slip before she departs so that she can return same day. Take all necessary documentation to DNRD, and advise them that maid is still in Dubai on Tourist visa and that you wish to receive the pink slip straight away. The application is processed immediately at an additional charge of Aed 680.00. Once pink slip is in hand, book maid on flight to Oman, probably Muscat (Flydubai currently have flights for Aed 400 return). Send maid with pink slip on flight to Muscat, advising her to remain in the transit area in Muscat and return on the very next flight back to Dubai, based on the booking you have maid. She will therefore not clear immigration in Muscat and should be back in Dubai a few hours later. For this option, only additional expense is the Aed 680 to process pink slip while she is still in Dubai and the Aed 400 for the flight. No deposit required for this option. We are going with the second option, just seems more logical as the cost involved with both options are similar and don't really feel happy with her stay in a foreign country sharing accommodation and having to find food while waiting to come back to Dubai. But this is by personal preference. Hope this comes in handy in the future for those who might need the info.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY