Importing a puppy? | ExpatWoman.com

Importing a puppy?

Latest post on 09 October 2013 - 20:27

What is the best way to do this using a reputable legal breeder. Or are there any here in Dubai? Thanks.

Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 17:49
We'd love a golden English cocker spaniel. Thanks for the info Nomad. Please also research the breed,I know some of the spaniel breeds do have genetic issues: King Charles Spaniel's can be have Syringomyelia a section of the skull is too small and crowds the brain.A very painful and cruel disease giving the animal severe headaches. The Springer Spaniel suffer from eye problems and ear infections, think carefully before bringing them to such a hot climate which could exacerbate the ear problem. That being said they are wonderful dogs and if worked and exercised properly they are great dogs. As I said research is the key as it is a life long commitment and if you are going to the trouble of sourcing an ethical breeder etc and the costs of importing ,always best to be 100% sure of all it involves. Good luck finding your new family member. <em>edited by Nomad on 28/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 10:30
We'd love a golden English cocker spaniel. Thanks for the info Nomad.
Latest post on 10 October 2013 - 10:33
Bird, what kind of puppy are you looking for? You never know you might find on in a rescue shelter already here.
Latest post on 10 October 2013 - 00:06
Honestly I would start on the net.....start with the breeders near to where you are located in the Uk or visit when you go home for vacations etc.Normally I would suggest the Kennel Club but of late I am not a fan as many of their breeders are in it for the money. Search under ethical breeders, they will only part with a pup when they are happy that: The puppy is healthy and old enough to leave its mom The puppy is going to a good home. A contract to spay/neuter is signed and carried out. You will be asked loads of questions.You can ask about sending the pup to DXB in your list of questions...... There was a poster earlier on this year I think who has been through the whole thing and went back home on holiday and picked up her puppy at the same time.Do a bit of search in the pet section under buying a puppy ,there are many threads dealing with this Hot Potato .......;);) Sorry I can't be of any more help but I am based back in Canada now. All the best in your search. edited by Nomad on 10/10/2013 <em>edited by Nomad on 10/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 09 October 2013 - 22:05
Thanks for that Nomad. Are there particular breeders in the UK that will export the puppy here? I have no idea how to go about it.
Latest post on 09 October 2013 - 21:15
Sorry in a bit of a rush but will try and cover it. Source an ethical breeder from a country that has stronger animal rights laws.I would steer away from any East Block countries which includes most of Euro Puppy breeders. There are NO legal breeders in DXB any offered for sale locally will be from backyard breeders or possibly nicked.... I would also stay away from the local pet shops as the documents are largely fudged re age of puppy and health.They come from puppy mills and it is all about the $ to be made and not about the animal. Finding an ethical breeder is the way to go( IMO )there are some on the board who have gone this route. If you would consider an older dog the rescue groups do from time to time have pedigree dogs that have been abandoned/lost and are up for adoption.You could of course also opt for a Hinz57 pup from K9 or one of the other rescue groups;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY