Psychiatrist other than Dr. Amr S | ExpatWoman.com

Psychiatrist other than Dr. Amr S

Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 19:28

Looking for someone who isn't rushed and has time to listen. Someone who can really help.

TIA

Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 11:41
Best bet is the German Neuroscience Centre without a doubt. Good psychiatrists will cost you money, same as other mental healthcare workers who give you their time and true attention. When they cost a lot of money and all they want to do is prescribe medication after only 15 minutes you know to leave. Make sure they know you as a whole, with blood tests for vitamins/minerals/hormones/adrenal functioning/etc...plus your life history, behavioural patterns, diet and exercise regime, sexual health and wellbeing, your support network of family and friends plus psychometric testing, THEN after that let him/her come up with a label. If they make you feel bullied, guilty, forced or intimidated just leave. I have seen way too many with belittling authoritative streaks. Diagnosing someone accurately is complex, there has to be an understanding that you are not only there to swallow pills though they might form an important part of recovery (don't forget that most doctors in private practice get paid to prescribe drugs by the pharmaceutical companies, especially for schizophrenia). [I had a very dear close family member who I accompanied to many visits with many different psychiatrists over many years in various parts of the world and this is my experience of what I saw with her. It wasn't a pretty one but it helped my relative and I do hope you find the help you are looking for.'>
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 10:36
I know this doesn't replace seeing a psychiatrist face-to-face, but there's a new online community service for people with emotional/ relationship/ mental health problems. Members give each other advice based on life experience with similar problems, but each day a professional psychologist goes online to give expert advice to each poster - and it's free. It's called supportseekers.info.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 08:38
Second recommendation for Dr. Diana, German Neuroscience Center. She is an angel:angel:
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 12:23
Dr. Hany Shafey 050 2566971. Second this recommendation for Dr Hany Shafey who I have found to be kind, very experienced and patient. Practices in both Dubai Mall medical centre and in the Marina.
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 11:22
I can recommend Dr Yaseen at the Lighthouse Arabia Clinic - his details are on their website.
Latest post on 09 May 2015 - 19:23
Are there any out there that don't cost a fortune?
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 08:38
Looking for someone who isn't rushed and has time to listen. Someone who can really help. TIA No psychiatrist should ever rush you...thats terrible especially with these type of issues. My son goes to the German Neuroscience Clinic, healthcare city and they are very nice there, he see Dr Diana, she is excellent....they have different people depending on the issues. The manager there is Hoyam and she advised us to see Diana, call her for a chat and she can direct you. they also have direct billing with most insurance companies...good luck x
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 23:58
Dr Rakshanda Hassan is excellent: 04 3925577. She has a Motor City Clinic as well as one in Jumeirah. I think she's with City Hospital.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 10:21
I personally found Dr. Kowal to be incredibly unpleasant. I think he has come to Dubai and chosen to avoid dealing with the more difficult disorders - shutting the door in our face regarding any chance of recovery for my brother who suffers from a tricky, often misdiagnosed disorder. I've seen many psychiatrists over the years in connection with my brother's condition and was shocked by Dr. Kowal's attitude and response that there is no hope for my brother and his blatant unwillingness to help. I felt like I had jumped into one of those Dubai taxis where they refuse to give you a ride if it's a short distance or to an area with heavy traffic. And I get charged for his unwillingness to help, to boot! Stay away from Dr. Kowal and while others are more expensive, its worth it, to find the right one and study their profile closely to determine if their experience matches your needs.
Latest post on 21 October 2013 - 01:03
Dr. Hany Shafey 050 2566971.
Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 21:10
Dr Gregor Kowal at CHMC in Healthcare City. 044574240
Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 20:48
You could try Dr Celen at Belhoul European Hospital Tel. 04 345 4000. She did not work for me but who knows, she might work for you! HTH
Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 20:29
Looking for someone who isn't rushed and has time to listen. Someone who can really help. TIA Medicentre in motor city
Latest post on 20 October 2013 - 20:28
Looking for someone who isn't rushed and has time to listen. Someone who can really help. TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY