Still in love with your husband? | ExpatWoman.com

Still in love with your husband?

Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 19:37
OP see from your last post that you have as you say ' had a kick up the ass '....LOL hopefully the next thing is a really romantic weekend away ;) edited by Nomad on 27/10/2013 Maybe a Fifty Shades of Grey style kick up the ass weekend away ;) edited by Daza on 27/10/2013 Hate to admit it ,and on the forum ;) but, I haven't read it yet......probably the only person on the planet who hasn't. Just haven't had the time to sit down and enjoy good book for ages.Obviously I am missing a good read......!
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 19:22
OP see from your last post that you have as you say ' had a kick up the ass '....LOL hopefully the next thing is a really romantic weekend away ;) edited by Nomad on 27/10/2013 Maybe a Fifty Shades of Grey style kick up the ass weekend away ;) <em>edited by Daza on 27/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 19:06
We have been married 36 years and I can't imagine life without my DH. I nearly lost him 12 years ago to a brain haemorrhage and I was never more scared in my life. The early years of marriage are exciting and lots of chandelier swinging etc but as you get older, these feelings of heady romantic love settle into a more comfortable but deeper love. We have always made time for us as a couple and didn't make the "mistake" of putting our dearly loved children before everything else. Don't get me wrong, our children were well cared for, lots of fun days out and holidays, but they were made aware from an early age that mum and dad needed time to ourselves too and they spent many happy weekends and sleepovers with grandparents and trusted friends and other relatives. Ask yourself this, can you imagine life without your DH? If not, then make an effort to make more time as a couple. Having a family is not reason enough to neglect your relationship, which was there, long before the children were. :) Hi JoyceB ....what a lovely post,I feel very much the way you do after 37 years. My DH also had a bad turn ,brain aneurism, and I too could not imagine life without him.OP see from your last post that you have as you say ' had a kick up the ass '....LOL hopefully the next thing is a really romantic weekend away ;) <em>edited by Nomad on 27/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 18:23
Ladies , thank you so much for taking the time to post, your good advice and great tips and mostly for giving me the kick up the ass that I needed. Life without DH would be unimaginable ....I was forgetting that one thing. Many thanks .
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 13:53
We have been married 36 years and I can't imagine life without my DH. I nearly lost him 12 years ago to a brain haemorrhage and I was never more scared in my life. The early years of marriage are exciting and lots of chandelier swinging etc but as you get older, these feelings of heady romantic love settle into a more comfortable but deeper love. We have always made time for us as a couple and didn't make the "mistake" of putting our dearly loved children before everything else. Don't get me wrong, our children were well cared for, lots of fun days out and holidays, but they were made aware from an early age that mum and dad needed time to ourselves too and they spent many happy weekends and sleepovers with grandparents and trusted friends and other relatives. Ask yourself this, can you imagine life without your DH? If not, then make an effort to make more time as a couple. Having a family is not reason enough to neglect your relationship, which was there, long before the children were. :)
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 08:30
Hi Silk I think it's worth making the effort to go out and do things just the two of you. It's not just about keeping your marriage together, it's about keeping your family unit together. As you say your husband is a great Dad then this is something worth fighting for. What did you used to enjoy doing together? If you simply wait for things to pick up like they have before then you may find yourself in tinot's position and realise too late that you do still want your marriage to work. You say you'd love to be alone with your children but have you thought about the actual reality of this? Assests halved, income reduced, the financial implications of divorce are huge. Plus you wouldn't be 'alone' with them, he'd still be their father. Joint custody, waving your children off for nights, weekends or holidays with him. And probably eventually another women who might become their stepmother. Hard on you and from personal experience I can tell you it's hard on children too. If you've given it your best shot and tried everything then you might eventually have to split but at the moment it sounds like you just can't be bothered making the effort. I honestly think a marriage with children is really something worth making the effort for :)
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 23:09
Silk1970, what a timely post. I have been harping on the exact same thoughts. Problem is, I have no motivation to do anything about it. I haven't ever talked to anyone about this sort of thing, especially not family. Again, I just don't feel motivated too and have wondered what it would be like if I did want to go it on my own.
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 15:55
Hello Silk.. I too, have gone with the same situation some years ago. Unfortunately i lost him for another woman because of so many reasons. Probably it's because our way of life became a routine. It will be best if both of you go out once in awhile alone and bond. It doesn't need to be expensive. Try to do things you have not done before. It could be a simple walk in the park or on the beach on an afternoon, perhaps watch the sun set. Anyone might say "what's so special about it". It may look simple but it worked for very close friend of mine. Communication is also vital in a relationship. Apart from this, I do believe in attracting good energies in your life which i am applying with mine. We must not limit the universe to surprise you. Every object is felt to hold a frequency or vibration that is attracting a ‘like’ vibration. Create harmony in your relationship starting in your bedroom. Try to do the following and tell me the outcome maybe after a month. De-clutter the Southwest part of the house and bedroom. Never put any water feature or aquarium inside the bedroom. Do not put mirrors inside the bedroom especially of it reflects your bed in it. Do not put any flowers or any flower printed linens or objects. Keep in the bedroom only the pictures of the two of you in a happy time, or bring in a romantic and realistic relationship picture or a vision board depicting your desired relationship. Do not put any plants dying. You can add romance to any color scheme by bringing in two red pillows, a red throw on the bed with red candles in pairs. Do not over do because you may not be able to sleep. Do you have many pictures of single people or single objects? This could also be a reason you may feel unhappy or alone in a relationship. Try to consider all of the above factors. Hope this will help you where your feeling of "not in love" is coming from... God Bless!
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 15:41
How do you know when you've fallen out of love with someone? I couldn't put it in to words. It's just a feeling. Or a lack of feeling really. The best I could do is to say that they don't make your heart feel warm anymore.
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 15:37
How do you know when you've fallen out of love with someone?
Latest post on 26 October 2013 - 14:52
It's funny, I was talking to my step-mother about this exact thing a few days ago. She was telling me how her parents, who were married until her mother's death when they were both in their 80's, went through many highs and lows but things always came together for them. After her father's death she found a drawer of love letter from her mother to him and in one of them (written when they were in their 70's) she was describing how it felt to fall back in love with him again after not feeling that way for a long time. I think the vast majority of relationships have peaks and troughs, I know my marriage does. I also think you really have to work at things and sometimes your marriage goes on the back burner but you have to prioritise it at some point. Have you talked to your husband about how you are feeling? How old are your children? Do you ever go out together just as a couple and have fun?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY