Exhibition of animal cruelty in Doha. | ExpatWoman.com

Exhibition of animal cruelty in Doha.

Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 14:47

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_Adel_Abdessemeds_Exhibition_in_Mat...
This sickening exhibition is currently showing in Doha, Qatar. It shows the killing of animals under the guise of 'art'. I'm horrified that Mathaf is showing it. Shame on Qatar.

Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 08:58
and the fur coats on sale in that shop on JBR (Al Fattan towers) Yuk! I was at an event yesterday and one of the stalls was selling and promoting what looked like fur items. I didn't see one person approach their stall What baffles me is why they sell fur coats in the hottest country in the world! Surely if the Ruskys are going to buy them they would we cheaper in their own country? seal baby clubbing, skinning fur from live animals, torturing dogs before death so their meat will be tastier, and so on are all cruel acts done by people from suppopsedly developed or partially developed countries And i have argued against them only to be told "they are just animals". There is an insane amount of cruelty in the world and i sometimes think the only reason we do not have such torture on humans is because of laws.
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 19:41
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Whether or not animal fights are illegal in Qatar it seems irrelevant in this region in any case. On one of our first visits to the vet here someone with a falcon in national dress (maybe you can guess which vet) admired our dogs. He then said our one dog was just like his cousins dog who lived out of the city and he was a very good fighter. He then proceeded to ask us if our dog was a good fighter? I was like, he's a Labrador they're specifically bred to have soft mouths. The other Labrador is a gun dog, she can retrieve an egg without breaking it so forget about asking her to bite anything. He continued asking whereabouts we lived etc. I had to start making places up as I immediately thought he was going to try and steal our dog and once he realised he just wants belly rubs use him for blood bait. Soon another dog came in and they all set off barking for about 10 seconds and he clapped and said 'oh good good' and something about our dogs being able to fight. Whilst I understand there are underground dog fights still in the UK, there is no WAY someone would openly admit to going to dog fights and fighting dogs to a stranger at the vet. This clearly demonstrates to me that animal cruelty is socially accepted in this region. Oh if only the penalties here were less severe for human violence. This exhibition has been around since 2009 it kicked off some protest in Italy as well I think, he's probably running out of places where he can show it without complaint. <em>edited by RuthM on 27/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 18:53
Hopefully the press will get hold of this, another item to add to the problems that should be exposed leading up to the World Cup bid. How can anyone in their right mind call this art in any form! What it is is a sick mind.
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 17:06
[i'>We, Qataris and residents of Qatar, are outraged and shocked at the fact that our modern art museum, the until now respected Mathaf, promotes these violent and tasteless works that have nothing to do with real art and creativity, and we demand the exhibition to be cancelled and the directors responsible fired! [/i'> Not being supported by Qatar as a whole. It is shameful, not art.
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 16:57
and the fur coats on sale in that shop on JBR (Al Fattan towers) Yuk! I was at an event yesterday and one of the stalls was selling and promoting what looked like fur items. I didn't see one person approach their stall What baffles me is why they sell fur coats in the hottest country in the world! Surely if the Ruskys are going to buy them they would we cheaper in their own country?
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 16:35
and the fur coats on sale in that shop on JBR (Al Fattan towers) Yuk! I was at an event yesterday and one of the stalls was selling and promoting what looked like fur items. I didn't see one person approach their stall
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 16:22
and the fur coats on sale in that shop on JBR (Al Fattan towers)
Latest post on 27 October 2013 - 14:51
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_Adel_Abdessemeds_Exhibition_in_Mathaf/ This sickening exhibition is currently showing in Doha, Qatar. It shows the killing of animals under the guise of 'art'. I'm horrified that Mathaf is showing it. Shame on Qatar. I'm not surprised Lulu. Remember that horrible section of the souq which sold animals? I used to avoid it like the plague. Hated to see little kids wandering about swinging tiny cages containing pastel coloured chicks and rabbits! Animal welfare is clearly not important in Qatar!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY