Tortoise stolen in Springs | ExpatWoman.com

Tortoise stolen in Springs

Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 07:18

Hi,
our tortoise, a testudo graeca graeca has been stolen last friday from our garden in Springs 4,
The door of our garden is closed so people jumped over the fence facing the lake to steal her.
This tortoise is microchipped. Her plastron measures 14 cm.
She has been with us for 9 years and w got her when our daughter was born. It's a huge loss.
What is the best course of action? Going to the police? Speaking to security? Talking to gardeners?
Thanks

Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 10:17
Glad you have her back !
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 10:12
Great news, the tortoise has been recovered from somewhere she couldn't get there by herself. Reward paid. Case closed. Thank you for your support.
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 10:03
Let's hope it's the case
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 09:48
One of our tortoises kept itself hidden for 6 months before popping up again. We had searched so many times. The gate being left open is a reason for a dog getting out but for a tortoise unless they are in that specific area of the garden at the time they are unlikely to have got out.. With tortoises it is far more likely is that they are found in the garden. <em>edited by Fiat500 on 28/10/2013</em>
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 08:23
Thank you, I will send you the information and follow your advice.
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 08:22
Someone posted about a missing tortoise on FB - he swore blind there was absolutely no way it could have got out of the garden yet it miraculously reappeared 3 months later !! So don't give up hope ! The gardener could have left the gate open, you can't be certain it was stolen...
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 08:14
Hi Alexsand, You can send us a picture of your tortoise with your information and we can put it on our Facebook and Twitter pages ([email protected]). You can also make posters offering a rewards, people are more likely to come forward if there is a monetary benefit, post these at your local grocery, supermarket and around your area. Good luck!! HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 08:08
1. The garden offers absolutely no escape route to the tortoise 2. The door of the garden is always closed, the gardener has the key and I always check that it is the case 3. I fed the tortoise in the morning as usual on friday. 4. On friday evening I couldn't find her but didn't bother looking for her as I thought she was hiding somewhere 5. As she didn't show up the next day I spent all morning yesterday looking for her in the garden but to no avail. The garden has a limited number of hiding places and I double checked everywhere. So, as she couldn't possibly escape and she is nowhere to be found after several days, the obvious conclusion is she has been stolen.
Latest post on 28 October 2013 - 07:57
how do you know she was stolen?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY