Personal Portable CD Player... | ExpatWoman.com

Personal Portable CD Player...

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 07:00
Silk 1970 - did you ever get a personal CD player? I've got a pristine sony discman which I give to you - I think I was given this just before MP3 players flooded the market and hence i only ever used it a couple of times
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 14:12
Thanks Sanddy_ Dogg, very kind of you but I've actually tracked one down on line, which I should have just done in the first place! Who knew it would be so hard to get a plain old CD player :confused:
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 11:38
I'm a little closer - RAK - and I have one you can have.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 17:21
Hi Silk1970, what purpose do you need the personal cd player for? I may be able to help. Thanks Apricot, its for listening therapy.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 16:40
Hi Silk1970, what purpose do you need the personal cd player for? I may be able to help.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 13:11
No, unfortunately not! Cannot be played through the obvious usual methods :/
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 12:57
can you not play via computer, laptop or dvd player.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 12:52
Elmsure did you have any luck in the end with this? I'm in same situation now......before I order on line I wanted to check with you! TIA
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 06:17
I might still have my Sony Discman inside the original fabric pouch, happy to pass on for therapy purposes. I'm nr Mercato. That would be great, I am going to have one last search in Mirdiff today and if no luck will post back later, thankyou.
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 03:25
I might still have my Sony Discman inside the original fabric pouch, happy to pass on for therapy purposes. I'm nr Mercato.
Latest post on 02 November 2013 - 09:27
I was doing a clear-out yesterday and found my sony diskman! You are more than welcome to it -- but I'm in Doha so not sure if there's an easy way for me to get it to you. I have friends heading to Dubai for the half-marathon but that's not until next month. If you know anyone coming to Doha I'd be happy to pass it along! That's really kind of you, and if I cant find one before then I will definitely drop you a line.
Latest post on 02 November 2013 - 08:35
I was doing a clear-out yesterday and found my sony diskman! You are more than welcome to it -- but I'm in Doha so not sure if there's an easy way for me to get it to you. I have friends heading to Dubai for the half-marathon but that's not until next month. If you know anyone coming to Doha I'd be happy to pass it along!
Latest post on 02 November 2013 - 08:09
Do they even still exist? Everyone uses MP3 players these days. A personal CD player would be so big and clunky in comparison. Any particular reason why you'd choose that, over ripping your cd's into a digital player? To help you out - look at ebay - lots listed on their - many in original packaging. edited by FairyDust on 02/11/2013 Quite... but it is for my dd Listening Therapy. So the CD's are created specifically for her, they wont upload or compress the files as it affects the quality, that was my first question. I thought we could get away playing it through the xbox system but not recommended either :-( I think Argos sell them but was hoping to just grab one from here..
Latest post on 02 November 2013 - 07:44
Do they even still exist? Everyone uses MP3 players these days. A personal CD player would be so big and clunky in comparison. Any particular reason why you'd choose that, over ripping your cd's into a digital player? To help you out - look at ebay - lots listed on their - many in original packaging. <em>edited by FairyDust on 02/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 01 November 2013 - 15:28
Hoping a SONY shop will have one, will keep you posted.
Latest post on 01 November 2013 - 14:54
I'm on the look out for those as well! Got laughed at @ Virgin's!!
Latest post on 01 November 2013 - 14:45
Has anyone seen them, had a look in plugins today and got looked at like I was some kind of dinosaur!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY