any unschoolers in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

any unschoolers in Dubai?

Latest post on 03 November 2013 - 08:26

Does anyone unschool their children in Dubai? Is is legal here in UAE? We are learning about unschooling as a possible option for our 3 year old daughter and appreciate any input:) Thank you!

Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 23:36
Unschooling is different from homeschooling. Homeschooling follows a curriculum, you do maths, English and the others, only at home. Whereas unschooling believes you learn better through "natural life experiences including play, household responsibilities, personal interests and curiosity, internships and work experience, travel, books, elective classes, family, mentors, and social interaction".
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 15:09
From what I understand, unless you are Emirati there are no regulations regarding how expats choose to educate their children. Unschooling is technically homeschool. It's just the way you are approaching homeschool. I think unschool is great, as long as you make sure to touch on all the subjects and teach your child the things they need to know. I think most homeschoolers use this technique (using their child's interests to lead the education) without calling it unschooling. If your kid likes to paint and you can make a lesson into or about paint to help them understand that is what you will do. If your kid likes nature you will do math outside with sticks and blades of grass to help them understand. That is the whole idea.
Latest post on 03 November 2013 - 17:57
Its not legal in Dubai. You have to either place your child in a regular school or homeschool. No other method is accepted. but isn't unschooling and homeschooling basically the same thing, at least as far as the authorities are concerned.
Latest post on 03 November 2013 - 17:52
Its not legal in Dubai. You have to either place your child in a regular school or homeschool. No other method is accepted.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY