Any Mandarin speakers out there with children? | ExpatWoman.com

Any Mandarin speakers out there with children?

Latest post on 04 November 2013 - 10:14

We are moving to Dubai from China. The children aged 8 and 3 years old both speak Mandarin fluently. We would like to continue studying the language. We are not native speakers. Just wondering how Mandarin native speakers and people in our situation continue with the language? Are there:
1. Any schools that offer Mandarin as an additional language
2. mandarin after school program
3. credible Mandarin tutors that follow the local Chinese curriculum.
4. A mix of the above, eg tutoring and after school class once a week

Any advice, shared experiences or contacts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Latest post on 03 February 2015 - 16:46
King's Al Barsha are starting Mandarin as an after school class next week :)
Latest post on 03 February 2015 - 15:20
Hi there, Some of my friends and including a few schools in Dubai are using a company called "Chinese Arabia" for mandarin lessons. I haven't tried them so cannot judge, but feedback seems to be good. They have a website www.ChineseArabia.com <em>edited by Mademoiselle D on 06/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 August 2014 - 10:46
Mandarin is also taught at Nord Anglia International School from Nursery, 3 years old, they teach native kids and beginners, I think the have a Chinese play group planned? good luck!
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 23:54
Hi Ladies, I have just moved to Dubai and would like my 2 year old son to continue with Mandarin (we had a mandarin speaking part time nanny in the past year). Are there any playgroup classes in Mandarin? Or does anyone know if i can find a part time mandarin speaking nanny or domestic help? any advice would be really appreciated.
Latest post on 09 November 2013 - 22:50
Hi. I know for sure that Raffles World Academy and Dubai International Academy are schools where Mandarin is taught as a foreign language. Most probably not for 3 year-olds but definitely from grade 2. Good luck <em>edited by French Nath on 09/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 05 November 2013 - 15:57
Hi there we moved from China this summer. Our kids are all Chinese speakers. Email me at [email protected]. I am happy to advise. Thanks Sally

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY