*** POSTPONED *** EW Festive Family Fair | ExpatWoman.com

*** POSTPONED *** EW Festive Family Fair

Latest post on 05 November 2013 - 16:46

Hi All,

We are disappointed to share the news but on the basis of tomorrows forecast rain, the ExpatWoman Family Fair has been POSTPONED to January 25th!

Warm regards,

EW Admin
<em>edited by admin on 22/11/2013</em>

Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 22:18
I am a crafter, and had my table booked weeks ago! My car stayed packed since my last event that I did on Wednesday and so many of my customers were coming to meet me at the EW Fair. I appreciate and understand all your reasons for canceling the event. Would people have been happy if we had the biggest storm in rescent years, rain over today's event - NO. And they would've complained either way! Admin - if I can, I organize small Shop 'n Play events and would appreciate if you could list them? The next event is full but we still have one more before Xmas! Sh$t happens :D
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 12:57
Thank you Shellly... And yes there are more serious problems in the world... We will be announcing tomorrow about what we will be doing for the charity we were raising funds for at the event.. We will also be putting together a list of all the other craft fairs going on before Christmas and helping the crafters as much as we can. Henpen... The event was going to be very large with lots of construction happening overnight Thursday and Friday nights as well as during the daytime and this simply could not be done. The event for January will be branded differently but will still be a great family day out. We will also be publishing a list of all the other events that Santa will be at so that the kids get to see him. As stated before we did not take the decision lightly and we have been working on the event for the last 6 months. We are as disappointed as everyone. There have been many events cancelled this weekend due to the weather. Thanks again everyone for your understanding. EW Admin edited by admin on 23/11/2013 <em>edited by admin on 23/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 11:39
While I feel extremely sorry for the ladies who were going to sell their wares at this Festive Fair, especially those who ordered/made extra Christmas items and those who baked cakes to sell etc resulting in money loss, I really feel that everyone needs to just build a bridge and get over it. Yes, its annoying! But the amount of complaints on so many facebook groups... is, well..... Very recently how many people lost their lives in the Phillipines??? 'First world problems' is what springs to mind. Just my opinion, of course.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 11:10
I cannot believe that the Festive Fair has been cancelled today. What is the matter with the authorities here! What is the matter with Expat woman? How can you be so ridiculous to cancel a festive fair due to the minor threat of a little bit of rain and then think about re-scheduling in January! How can you have a festive fair in January?? It is absolutely crazy and I am extremely disappointed in the person who took this decision - how spineless.
Latest post on 22 November 2013 - 20:11
Thank you very much. You made my day
Latest post on 22 November 2013 - 20:04
Yes we have 10 events every week... Check the coffee morning tab on the events page http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx Hth
Latest post on 22 November 2013 - 19:59
Dear Admin I was so looking forward to this family fair as I am new to the UAE. Do you have any other gatherings before 25th January? I joined this site to meet new people and make friends. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY